• Birthday 01/12/1994

Profile Information

• Playername
    Aeoshattr

Recent Profile Visitors

4,925 profile views

Aeoshattr's Achievements

Newbie (1/14)

1. May I clarify, as I feel there is either some inconsistency or some bad phrasing in the announcement. Consistency has been used to terminate Necrovion in 2016, so I am curious to know whether this is a new change or a mistake. Necrovion has been opened for an indefinite period of time, as per https://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/4556 , which states the Necrovion guard is not to kill anyone during this indeterminate period of opening. There have been no announcements since that one to say the "new norm" is for Necrovion Guards to resume killing tresspassers. The most recent announcement states that after the MD Anni day (whichever it was), things will be "as per usual" https://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/4980 The usual has been for tresspassers to not be killed. May I have this clarified, please, @Chewett, since Mur's previous announcement on the topic contradicts Anno 4980. Thanks.
  2. It is unfortunate to see you go, Blackshade. I had kindly asked you to not resell the Imprinted Dark, as attributing a value in gold to it taints the personal nature of the item and the quest that was in place to obtain it. If you are departing the game, I'd kindly ask for the item to be returned - or passed down to one other that you deem worthy.
  3. I'll try to keep it short and to the point: Gateway Guardians, RPCs and LHOs can (and IMO should) be different titles which a player may or may not hold multiple of. Gateway Guardians are like guides for new players, to introduce them into MD's universe from a lore and atmospheric perspective, as well as mechanics. LHOs in my mind were always like little helpers, people who could help you if the game did an oopsie on you (also fitting of the spells they get given) RPCs were established characters, players who became part of MD more than anyone else, but not necessarily related to the Gateway island. TL:DR - I don't think we should mix those 3 responsibilities into a single one, but players should be allowed to hold multiple of them if they can consistently manage them well. If anything, I think LHO should become a very official and strict title - a professional responsibility. More like an OOC title rather than anything that holds lore value in-game. Likewise, I don't think we should bind RPCs to the Gateway Island only, especially since at the moment it's pretty much closed to most of the playerbase (I think it's still inaccessible to old players?)
  4. Thank you. No offense taken, was looking to have the problem fixed, not asking for an apology
  5. Rudely bumping this, may we have this looked into? Regardless of whether Ledah and I are (yet again) alted, the situation cannot be resolved without mod intervention, to my knowledge... and it's been a week. @Chewett Is there anyone else who could assist with this when you are busy or not around?
  6. *Syrian* and I appear to be alts... in spite of having not been alts for x years. May we have this issue fixed, as we are (dare I say obviously) not alts? Thank you. P.S. This is also an issue for me and Ledah but it's happened so many times I've given up on it.
  7. Just to point out a slight discrepancy there. I slightly agree with NoOne here. If I may point out the obvious here and without meaning to be rude or disrespectful to anyone, I think the issue with this instalment of the AL is that it seems to be targetted specifically at a handful of people (I'd say 2-3) and while it affects the entire community it doesn't involve the entire community, or the involvement is superfluous at best. It feels like it's just to keep appearances up. I was there at the Red Service and perhaps I should have voiced my dissatisfaction at the time. I don't know how the others present felt, but to me it felt like it wouldn't have made any difference whether there were 2 or 20 people there, as the entire event was addressed entirely to Aia. It made the community involvement feel like an afterthought rather than a driver for the ritual. To whom it may concern, please consider I am not pointing fingers, I am trying to highlight what I find to be an issue with the AL at the moment.
  8. I'm actually surprised by a lot of the answers. I'm leaving VR aside, since I asked for specific features, and I don't think that entirely changing the platform of the game is specific enough. Thanks for your contributions on the topic. Feel free to add more if you want, though I've had my question answered.
  9. I'll try to keep it to the point. This is half me thinking out loud, half me wanting to find out if anyone else has opinions on this. Do you think any specific mechanical aspect of MD needs to be "revamped"? One thing I notice frequently about other games is that developers keep game features "rolling", they adapt them to the player base and the way the player base works - they keep moving, forcing players to adapt. It brings novelty from the devs, but also forces novelty from the player base. MD feels very stagnant in this sense, and at least to me, it appears that a good chunk of features is out of tune with the current playerbase, and a lot of new features appear eclectic and disjointed from the old ones. Off the top of my head: Principles - of minimal use, in conjunction with tokens. With the current environment, there is nothing to make dynamic use of principles. You max them and that's it, never touch them again. Combat - honor, balance, etc feel clunky and cumbersome in the current environment. Armor sets - Some are incomplete (I think?), it's a "set and forget" kind of system that I personally haven't clicked in probably 1 year. There are probably more. Caveats: MD is a very conservative game in terms of mechanics, so I'm aware "revamps" might just not be a thing here. Revamps are very likely far too much work for a single person (Chew) who already has to also do everything else. So... Does MD have any feelings about this?
  10. Happy birthday! I managed to not miss it this year.
  11. Half jokingly, half not, and addressed to all of you, not any particular side of the argument.
  12. Some parts of it are historic or simply "up for debate", but I brought them up for the argument's sake. Unrelated to the topic so that will be the end of that.
  13. On the one hand, taking combat away for 2 days/month forces people do do something else, even if that is nothing at all. It makes people try to find another activity. If there was something captivating enough happening in MD, players might focus towards it in those 2 days. This already exists deep within the wish-shop. I'd dare say too deep, but that's not for me to decide. Lore-wise, if my memory serves me right, DoT was meant to be dedicated to realm-wide Night, which never happened. Again, it's been a long time so take it with a pinch of salt or correct me. So it serves a purpose in lore, mechanics and gameplay direction. TL;DR: it's 2 days / month, the benefit of removing it (for grinders) doesn't outweigh the potential game-wide benefits for everyone else if something productive is done with it.
  14. I have previously attempted this with very limited success; with even fewer players now than when I tried, I think you're up against a challenge... Regardless, should you find interest in the night, come speak to me.