Manually send resource tools back to their original place

Ailith

Would it be possible to have a function to send each tool back manually to their original place prior to uses being depleted?

This will help if someone takes something in error, or has been given something they don't really want personally and can't give it back due to 3 tool restriction (as has just happened to me lol).

Edited by Clair de Lune

I should like this also; yet, one thinks that she could use of tools, and then return them immediately following their use; in this manner may one reap of many resources in rapid succession. If this were not intended, a safe-guard for their return must also be present.

2 hours ago, Aia del Mana said:

I should like this also; yet, one thinks that she could use of tools, and then return them immediately following their use; in this manner may one reap of many resources in rapid succession. If this were not intended, a safe-guard for their return must also be present.

I like that idea of a restriction, I didn't consider that someone might abuse this function.

I believe once returned, you cannot pick up a tool of that type until global reset. Seems fair.

1 hour ago, Fang Archbane said:

If the point is to fix irregular accidental tool pickup, then i assume a sort of cooldown, lets say an hour or so, to return tools would do no? Should prevent abuse and still meet the goal Josies suggested.

I think even a cool down would not deter some who were intent on abusing such a function, unfortunately.

Any kind of return would be 'abusable', honestly I would just make the tools non-transferable. Although that would make a fair few of them hard to come by. Alternatively, is making something ITC only possible? Then it is your fault if you get burdened with extras.

Transfer by ITC tag restricts passing directly. We do already have a return mechanic in the tool guardians, which will return all the tools that you took from a specific location and stop you from taking them for a day.

I don't see a need for this feature other than slight convenience for people who take too many tools and then want specific ones they can't grab themselves or no longer can grab, which better inventory management is suffice to avoid most of the time. The need is also lessened when there are other people willing to take the tools off your hands. If I had to make a suggestion though, make an NPC you can pass tools to as a quick fix, like the aramors but dedicated since you can't pass to them anymore. That can open up abuse by itself if people can pass all the tools from a location to them, would need to be limited somehow.

Edited by Mallos

12 minutes ago, Mallos said:

If I had to make a suggestion though, make an NPC you can pass tools to as a quick fix, like the aramors but dedicated since you can't pass to them anymore.

I like this. It is certainly a new way of looking at it.

I think there is a need for it though. If I can take an item, I want to be also able to relinquish it also.

There MUST be a way to circumvent possible abuses, surely. I don't see why the bad intentions of one or two should inconvenience the many who are able to conduct themselves correctly.

Instead of placing restrictions on the tools for all, place bans on the one or two abusers to keep them from using tools for a time.

The way I see it there are so few truly active in the realm to utilise the tools we have as they stand.

Edited by Clair de Lune

3 minutes ago, Josephine said:

Just out of interest, how many people out of the population do you think might go out of their way to abuse tools in this way? (please give a number, not names. This isn't an excuse to slander people)

0 currently, 1 maybe but it is generally not worthwhile to do. It is less likely now with tool guardians being able and ideally ready to counter such actions. In the past it has happened at least 3 times I can think of, between passing to npcs or hoarding on other players.

8 hours ago, Mallos said:

0 currently, 1 maybe but it is generally not worthwhile to do. It is less likely now with tool guardians being able and ideally ready to counter such actions. In the past it has happened at least 3 times I can think of, between passing to npcs or hoarding on other players.

So you're saying that the function and role of tool guardians is that they are able to deter abusers?

Then why are we worried about what I'm requesting being abusable?

Please can we have a function to send tools back to their original place prior to global reset?

As an honest, non abuser who actually uses resource tools, I have wanted to ask for this for a while. So there must be a need, surely?

11 hours ago, Josephine said:

So you're saying that the function and role of tool guardians is that they are able to deter abusers?

As an honest, non abuser who actually uses resource tools, I have wanted to ask for this for a while. 

I have only read the topic now, but I'd like to say a few things that do not deal with your actual idea...that's how it works :)) 

As far as honesty is in discussion, I, another honest user (????), have noticed that things in MD aren't supposed to be entirely fair - it's a place where deceit and theft and murder are allowed (I wonder why). An idea will not be rejected if it can benefit villains (or be abused in a smart way), but it will if it is abusable (in a very crude way). 

Frankly, I'm not capable of assessing how abusable your idea is, so I cannot comment on that, sorry. But I think you'll have to pierce through all the arguments presented against your idea by people who don't agree with it.

Edited by Ungod
pardon my ignorance

Well, you don't have to stop if you don't want to :P 

I believe every good and every bad you do comes back to you in some way, so it's always up to you how to live; there are no 'real' moral guidelines, even though there are lots of books on morals. I think the only fair moral guidelines is 'there's a consequence for all you do. now go do what pleases you'.

As far as MD is concerned, I don't know if it's such a good idea to try to make it more pleasant. I mean, that's what we all want, but if we somehow manage, a demon will appear and make it unpleasant, because... balance must be preserved. 

My point is -   do what you want. If you want to help someone, do it, if you want to propose a new idea, do it, even if nobody (seems to) care. If you want to make MD a better game...be here :D 

23 minutes ago, Ungod said:

but if we somehow manage, a demon will appear and make it unpleasant, because... balance must be preserved. 

I would believe that if the occurrences making things more unpleasant were genuinely RANDOM.