Quests pack for MP3 exclusively

This is the released version. The purpose is to guide the new players to try something and get rewarded. But still I will make the update and modifications by time depending on the feedbacks and observations.

Category I

(1 bronze point for each task. rewards: 1 silver coin for each 3 bronze points.)

1. reply to the topic MP3 players list. quote this task list in your reply and update the progress

2. sacrifice a creature

3. trigger a burst

4. visit 2 capitals and grab 2 shared tools

5. make the use of one kind of resource (to make them another thing)

6. loggin for 14 consecutive days

7. store 1000 heat

8. unlock 1 achivement

9. set an avatar

10. Tell me by PM how much is your exp cap and find the relation between the experience and the damage/honor in a fight.

Category II (no alts)

(1 silver point for each task. 1 Loreroot creature for each 2 silver points. 1 tormented soul or unholy priest for each 4 silver points.)

1. talk to at least 1 MP5 or above player for each land. send me forum msg about what you hear or learn about the land.

2. finish your own papers

3. have cartography skill up to 15

4. beat my defense (have to ask in advance)

5. reveal all the exit of the 2nd labyrinth

6. describe the understanding of the principles you chose and think of a magic that matches these principles.

Category III (no alts)

(1 gold point for each task. Have to be unlocked by 2 silver points. 1 angien for 2 gold points)

1. beat Loreroot guardians II

2. be rewarded 1 wishpoint from others

3. login for 30 consecutive days  

sponsorship

lashtal: tormented souls, unholy priests. 1 gc  

jakubhi: 1 joker / sent

Mallos: 1 gc

Ledah: 1 rustgold drachorn (unofficially but it is in my bag)

Edited by Tissy

Interesting. 

I was just thinking that instead of having such quests automated, like in other games, it's so much better to have a role for it, no? With sponsorship from the land's treasury, someone can hold the role of 'taskmaster' and guide new players. And when said sponsorship ends for lack of funds, or the taskmaster is no more, it's the end! And another one can raise the flag...

(some tasks need refinement: for example, getting 16 cartography is easy with shop items, but got from obelisks, might prove difficult (if you can get to LotE or NC obelisks, you're pretty advanced and you have no need for a LR creature as reward anyway)

others are pretty good in themselves, like visit 2 capitals and grab 2 shared tools)

I like your idea and the progression makes sense to me.

Personally, I'd lower "have cartography skill up to 16" to like... 12?

About category II tasks: if you think players at this point have no need for LR creatures, I can get you unlimited supply of Unholy priests and Tormented souls.

1 hour ago, lashtal said:

I like your idea and the progression makes sense to me.

Personally, I'd lower "have cartography skill up to 16" to like... 12?

About category II tasks: if you think players at this point have no need for LR creatures, I can get you unlimited supply of Unholy priests and Tormented souls.

Thanks a lot lashtal. I’ll put that in the rewards. 
about the cartography, I have 21 from the obelisks without those in Necrovion. So I think 16 is accomplishable. But I’ll need some time to double confirm that by visiting all the places. 

1 minute ago, Ungod said:

21? Weird, I thought there were less obelisks scattered around...

https://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/3227

Apparently there are 24 (some might have been added later) obelisks. However, it might be the case that Tissy bought the shop item that boost stats by a fixed value. It works on cartography as long as you had points on it before using the item.

My cartography is 27, including 6 from shop item. And I’ve been to Necrovion just once without fully explored. So the missing ones should be in Necrovion. 

update: found something weird. I bought 3 shop items. But my first skill herbalism is just 8. Should it be above 9 if I bought 3...

C505571E-8875-43FF-AD25-1C03032CAFD0.jpeg

7B6F700A-A17D-4E59-970E-05F94BCB5D57.jpeg

Edited by yokin

It's not weird, the value of the booster has been altered recently. It used to give you three different values and max was...+3? Also, the number of the items ahs been raised to 20.

This is why I think you might have gotten + cart skill from previous boosters and that in fact you didn't get 21 just from going everywhere except NC. The ones in LotE are pretty deep in, the ones in the Labyrinth are a bother to find etc 

The ones that are easily accessible give you maybe +12 - +14? It's been a long time, but I think +16 is what you get when having enough AP and gate 'clearances' to casually stroll around, so a new player will not get to +16 easily. Unless you want to make it a difficult challenge. 

I intend to make it the most difficult one in category II, as it is actually a byproduct while playing the game, and the only requirement is patience. 

it should include obelisks in MB, MDA, LR, GG, labyrinth and perhaps a small part of the East.I'll travel these places again to collect the exact number.

I've traversed most places except the border of the East and Necrovion (and some secret places). I'll exclude some impossible ones.

I remember the period when I could move just one or two steps per day in the East. If the first obelisk is not too deep I prefer counting it in.

I think 16 cartography might be a tad high as well. I only have 22 with 2 gold bottles myself. That's with LR, Laby, and NC in the bag as well. Perhaps making it around 12-13 might be more reasonable.

My main concern is how will you know that they have completed each task?

Such as heat? The items you can check through inventory, the resource, through profile of skills, but burst, is there some kind of marker for that?

Yes, they could have take you on a tour, for the locations. 

All-in-all, this looks awesome. I guess if someone lies about reaching a certain part then that is a role-playing decision they make and will have to live with later.

On 3/12/2020 at 7:10 AM, Steno said:

I think 16 cartography might be a tad high as well. I only have 22 with 2 gold bottles myself. That's with LR, Laby, and NC in the bag as well. Perhaps making it around 12-13 might be more reasonable.

My main concern is how will you know that they have completed each task?

Such as heat? The items you can check through inventory, the resource, through profile of skills, but burst, is there some kind of marker for that?

Yes, they could have take you on a tour, for the locations. 

All-in-all, this looks awesome. I guess if someone lies about reaching a certain part then that is a role-playing decision they make and will have to live with later.

I modified the cartography to 15. There should be 19 obelisks in public lands (except 2 in Necrovion and 2 in LotE). 

for the burst, I think I could just check the screenshots of the trigger button and the profile page.

Edited by yokin

On 3/8/2020 at 3:36 PM, Tissy said:

This is the released version. The purpose is to guide the new players to try something and get rewarded. But still I will make the update and modifications by time depending on the feedbacks and observations.

Category I

(1 bronze point for each task. rewards: 1 silver coin for each 3 bronze points.)

1. reply to the topic MP3 players list. quote this task list in your reply and update the progress

2. sacrifice a creature

3. trigger a burst

4. visit 2 capitals and grab 2 shared tools

5. make the use of one kind of resource (to make them another thing)

6. loggin for 14 consecutive days

7. store 1000 heat

8. unlock 1 achivement

9. set an avatar

10. Tell me by PM how much is your exp cap and find the relation between the experience and the damage/honor in a fight.

Category II (no alts)

(1 silver point for each task. 1 Loreroot creature for each 2 silver points. 1 tormented soul or unholy priest for each 4 silver points.)

1. talk to at least 1 MP5 or above player for each land. send me forum msg about what you hear or learn about the land.

2. finish your own papers

3. have cartography skill up to 15

4. beat my defense (have to ask in advance)

5. reveal all the exit of the 2nd labyrinth

6. describe the understanding of the principles you chose and think of a magic that matches these principles.

Category III (no alts)

(1 gold point for each task. Have to be unlocked by 2 silver points. 1 angien for 2 gold points)

1. beat Loreroot guardians II

2. be rewarded 1 wishpoint from others

3. login for 30 consecutive days  

sponsorship

lashtal: tormented souls, unholy priests. 

jakubhi: 1 joker

Mallos: 1 gc

Ledah: 1 rustgold drachorn (unofficially but it is in my bag)

Hello! I am a returning player. Started 7-8 years ago but didn't understand the game so I quit. I am back and determined to learn how to play this curious game :)

1 hour ago, krashmoss said:

Hello! I am a returning player. Started 7-8 years ago but didn't understand the game so I quit. I am back and determined to learn how to play this curious game :)

Welcome back. ????