The Oldest Games and Something [Red Team]

Sir Blut

The Oldest Game will be played from Day 258 to 259 At the Marble Dale Park, Starting at 3st by default

The Rules are here [spoiler]   The name is deceiving, for this is more than just a game. When all the worlds, and all the planes were but formless mist, this is how Powers claimed their superiority. How can that without a shape, without a form, test their strength against one another? The obvious answer with influence, how we mere mortals are affected by their presence and their promises. How then, before men and monsters, was dominance established? That is how The Oldest Game arose.

It is a contest of ideas, of dreams, of natures, and of innate power. Blows are never laid, fingers are never curled into fists and steel is never shown. Instead, in that ephemeral twilight realm, ideas are given form, and combatants are always shifting. It is a difficult thing to explain, if you wish to learn, I will show you. Worry not, you risk nothing but your pride... at least the first time. Do not forget though, this is the way the first wars were waged, and idle sparring is saved for those dearly trusted.

As all things, this game is not without it's rules. One must be challenged, or issue a challenge; the challenge must then be accepted. It is by he giving and acceptance of the challenge that the conflict is given weight, given life. The Challenger strikes first, and the Challenged however chooses where the combat will take place. Strength is not measured from sword-arms and speed, instead from innate oneness and wisdom of the world. Strikes are not born of steel and magery, rather from ones nature. If you find it cryptic, I apologize, but there are few ways to actually give simple words to describe The Oldest Game; to do so risks oversimplification.

The attacks are given life by a particular diction. "I am the Stag, Elusive and Silent". In response "I am the Hunter, Trap-setting, Stag-Hunting". This is the simplest of forms, a training form really in which one who is not familiar may be made familiar. The forms must begin with what is literal, The stag and the hunter. As combat rages, more abstract concepts may be used. The speed at which the abstract may take form is directly related to the power of the Combatant. To attempt to form beyond your ken, beyond your strength, is frightfully dangerous at best.

On the topic of combat forms. Strength of one's form is directly proportional to how in tune that form is with the Combatant. This is a difficult thing to explain. If a man is brash, impulsive, and passionate, then his forms should suit. Constraining forms, binding forms, are lacking a oneness with him, and as such are weak and easily broken.

Victory is simple. One must yield. One may yield actively, declaring his own defeat. One may also yield by the inability to present a form that effectively counters their opponents form, or by the inability to present in a timely manner

Note: I am not the original creator of this game, I just like to play it and happen to have the "Instructions book" as an item so I wanted to show how to play. [/spoiler]

Copied directly from AmberRune's papers...

I am not sure if there will be a lot of people willing to play so I am not planning brackets, or the structure of how the games will be played, yet. Last time I tried to do this it failed, see here :http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/15625-the-awake-game-marind-bell-events-and-quests/

Instead we will figure it out together haha

Time limit is three minutes to answer your oponent.

The winner(if this works and there is one) Gets a GC and an additional rareish prize, which will be announced soon.

There is also another quest thingy, anyone interested should pm me to start with the subject RTQ saying they are interested, since I was asked sort of at the last second, I wasn't able to get it coded as I originally planned. Prize to be announced, but there will be something for everyone that completes it. The time limit will be 1 weeks from today to complete.

Sponsers welcome to post here for both events

Edited by Sir Blut

If the oldest game event doesn't work out, as it probably won't, the prizes for winning that will be added to the quest. The mistake is that for such a tournament type thing, as it would have to be for there to be a winner, there needs to be time before hand for signups and brackets. Last time and this time I announced it last minute.

Edited by Sir Blut