Easier Sorting of PMs

Bootes

First let me Say I Love the new Cloud Feature for Mesdages, it looks Cool, and will allow better sorting of Important PMs.

Just a couple of things I thought of that could make it even better.

1) You Should be Able to Star Messages while Reading them...

Currently you have to Be viewing the Whol list to Sort messages in any way, and Can't do a thing (Other than Delet, or Reply) when your Reading the Message. I'd like to Use the Stars to Pull my attention back to PMs and Later Sort them in a Cloud, but Rereading and Rescolling through the List is kinda repedative sometimes. It shouldn't be hard to add the ability to Star the Message while Reading it

2) A NoteBook (maybe Like a PM to yourself?)

I got this Idea while looking at some of the Cloud Icons, theres one With a Head and Exclamation Point, that made me Think of a Note to Self...

I'll admit #2 isn't too Neccessary as you can always use Word, or Pencil and paper (I have Notebooks just for MD :) but it would be kinda Nice and Cool to have something In game...

You Select what You want the Icon to Represent, then Click it. You should see and Eye on top and a Plus below. Then Select the Messages you want to Sort into that Icon (check the Box for them) and Click the Plus on the Icon Screen. From then on you'll be able to see those PMs by clicking the Eye on the Icon Screen.

I had intended to Use the Stars as a Way to Note to Myself Which PMs I wanted to Delet, Sort, or Save for a Bit... Something like that.

You Select what You want the Icon to Represent, then Click it. You should see and Eye on top and a Plus below. Then Select the Messages you want to Sort into that Icon (check the Box for them) and Click the Plus on the Icon Screen. From then on you'll be able to see those PMs by clicking the Eye on the Icon Screen.

I had intended to Use the Stars as a Way to Note to Myself Which PMs I wanted to Delet, Sort, or Save for a Bit... Something like that.

Thanks for that, and the way u will use the stars is an excellent idea:)

• 1 month later...

I hate having to select PM reason. Almost always it's other, at least for me, even when PMing Mur. As a consequence I have chosen to to buy that feature.

The cloud looks great, I long ago figure out how to use it, but I cannot remember what I'm using the icons for. Often I can't find the flying icon I want. I had to give up on it. I use different combinations of stars. These I can remember! (Ok so my head is wired funny.)

I think the cloud can hold on to messages that might otherwise slip of the end of of the list. I have so many PMs in a day, that I've lost important messages in as little as two or three days because they fell off the nether end.

A simple thing would solve that problem for me... the ability to check a box in the message, delete as I often need to reply and delete.

Is there a way to leave a certain message cloud without leaving your mailbox? Sometimes I think what I am looking for is in one cloud, but it's not. I can't seem to leave the cloud without closing mail as well, and then I have to open it again.

Am I missing something? Or is that the way it works currently.

Btw...I do love the stars, so very helpful in sorting my immeadiate in box priorities.

Horrific discovery!

I got message clouds and forced labels today, and am not sure which has forced this atrocity upon my mailbox.

I no have the option to view original msg, or my reply when looking at mail. This feature of classic mail was my most favorite, and I considered it both basic and vital.

Is there still a way to do this? Am I missing something (please, please, say yes).

What bothers me the most about the clouds is... I cannot move a message out of a certain cloud. When I chose them and moved them to a new cloud, they simply copy it, leaving me with two messages on different clouds. THe worst part is, they are not actually separate, and when I delete one of them, the other disappears too..

Okay here's my thoughts on this.

I'm actually not keen on the message cloud.

But I do like the idea of the tags, my only beef with the tags is that they should show up in separate sections in your mailbox, e.g. once you set the tags there should be a button for each one like quests questions etc.

That way it's easy to sort messages by their tags and you could see which ones are new in a specific tag.

Garg.

• 11 months later...