Small Puzzle

Dragoonus

I've created a small puzzle and riddle, and would like to run them by you. *I think this is the right section, or is this only for official contests and RPC quests?*

***Correct Answers***

Behind the secret door

Riddle

The Odd Chest

Behind the secret door...

Many moons ago I laid seige and plundered a small village community far to the north. As per usual, I then proceeded to burn and raze the village to the ground, leaving no survivors. However, from one of the chief acolytes in the village I had stolen a map of sorts, a large assortment of numbers that I believe are used to decipher a code used on a great magical door... that with luck holds my precious Shikaku...

Anyway, unfortunately, while I was turning the chief acolyte into cinders, I accidentally burned most of the paper... I managed to prevent a single quadrant from burning, the top right. The chief acolyte did inform me that all the numbers corresponded against each other... I put it to you to solve this puzzle, and produce for me, the entire page.

Further information found, image updated

qud.gif

Should there be any major difficulties, I am soon heading into another village I believe to hold further secrets to the magic door, I will interrogate any acolytes I come across and feed back what information I can.

I hold another page, that when combined will reveal to me the code required to open the magical door... but I shall keep that to myself for now.

Should you manage to solve this puzzle, please PM me, or contact me in game.

----

Riddle

A little simpler, perhaps too much so, then the puzzle, this one can be found in my personal comments page, however nobody has given me the right answer yet, so figured I'd put it here too.

I am not of the earth

Nor of the sky

I do not walk the ground

Nor can I fly

I am not of the ocean

But dwell in the streams

Living I am

Yet I have no dreams

Small I may be

But amazing am I

For without me

Surely you’d die.

What am I?

---

Answers

Please don't send the answers publicly, in case others wish to solve these.

I have created a new just for fun puzzle! (This one can be found on my self comments papers also).

The Odd Chest

In my many travels I have come across many strange and wonderful places, and devices. The most recent of which I am having great difficulty with, it is some form of chest, one I hope houses Shikaku, only I can not open by any normal means. There is some sort of hole in the top and I assume I must place the key in there... only I have no idea what they key is, or where to find it.

I 'acquired' this chest from some rather strange people who had an unhealthy obsession with the number four. This is the inscription on the lid...

0020 0011 0001 0110 0011 0010

0010 0102 0001 0003 0020 0033 0102 0032

0002 0030 0033 0033 0010

Perhaps this will lead me to the key, any help you can offer would be appreciated.

------------------------------------

I have also found further information on the papers I mentioned earlier, it appears the quadrant I have should also have the numbers 6 through 10 listed above each column, the latest acolyte told me that numbers 1 through 5 are listed above each of the columns of the upper left quadrant, and that down the upper left, and lower left quadrants the numbers 1 through 120 head each row... I hope this can help... ((I've updated the image)).

I have created a new just for fun puzzle! (This one can be found on my self comments papers also).

The Odd Chest

In my many travels I have come across many strange and wonderful places, and devices. The most recent of which I am having great difficulty with, it is some form of chest, one I hope houses Shikaku, only I can not open by any normal means. There is some sort of hole in the top and I assume I must place the key in there... only I have no idea what they key is, or where to find it.

I 'acquired' this chest from some rather strange people who had an unhealthy obsession with the number four. This is the inscription on the lid...

0020 0011 0001 0110 0011 0010

0010 0102 0001 0003 0020 0033 0102 0032

0002 0030 0033 0033 0010

Perhaps this will lead me to the key, any help you can offer would be appreciated.

The number groups are all in base 4 or quaternary. I've decoded them to represent...

...in decimal, but I have no idea what to do with the numbers from there.

For the first puzzle, are you sure that first number at 6:1 isn't 37 instead of 41? :D

I'm struggling to find a pattern there and that column seems to be really out of place.

For the first puzzle, are you sure that first number at 6:1 isn't 37 instead of 41? :P

I'm struggling to find a pattern there and that column seems to be really out of place.

You are correct, the formula on columns one and six were screwed slightly. This has been addressed, grats on figuring out A pattern for row one, once you figure out the pattern to row two, it will likely all make sense and you can get all twenty rows.

You are correct, the formula on columns one and six were screwed slightly. This has been addressed, grats on figuring out A pattern for row one, once you figure out the pattern to row two, it will likely all make sense and you can get all twenty rows.

In that case, I've obviously got the pattern for the first row:

The first row would be the column number multiplied by itself and plus 1.

For example,

6x6 is 36+1=37

7x7 is 49+1=50

I'm working on the second row, and I've got some theories. If anything I'm thinking is correct, your math is off again :P

In that case, I've obviously got the pattern for the first row:

The first row would be the column number multiplied by itself and plus 1.

For example,

6x6 is 36+1=37

7x7 is 49+1=50

I'm working on the second row, and I've got some theories. If anything I'm thinking is correct, your math is off again :P

Your pattern for the first row does work, yes indeed. But that is not the full formula, the second row should reveal more.

I think I've got the second pattern:

The column number by itself times the row number minus the column number subtracted by the row number so:

((2x2)x(6x6))-(6-2)=

(4x36)-4= 140

I'm lost on the third. So far the only thing I've managed to come up with is:

That each answer is subtracted by an incrementing odd number.

(36x9)-9

(49x9)-11

(64x9)-13

I don't understand how to get the odd number sequence though. It's 6+3 but then 7+4, 8+5, 9+6, 10+7