Gift error or?

JacoAnd

To be honest Im not really playing this game a lot anymore, and I have not been playing it for a long time because of computer trouble.
But I have a question about the gifts for christmas.
Im getting this error when trying to open the first present:

Error: SyntaxError
Err description: undefined
Err number: undefined
Err message: missing ; before statement

Ajax response:

You do not meet the requirements for receiving a gift this year.

So my question here is if I just dont meet the requiements (I find the error pretty weird).
And I didnt think I would get to be one of those that was not allowed to open it.

I believe the info needed to determine if I meet the requiremeents are my activity days (I might be wrong), so here they are:
Activity days: 69% (A total of 475 out of 690 days)

Please dont be angry if it ha already been answered many times, I couldnt find anything about it, and I am not actively looking on the forums anymore when not needed...

Thanks in advance... ^^

Mur has placed an activity requirement on the gifts.
I'm uncertain if it considers activity lately or in general, but i guess latter, and you obviously don't meet it with 69%.
The new rule is in place to stop people from using hardly used accounts to access gifts and transfer/sell them.

Okey I can understand that.
But if he uses the % for the whole time I would have a very hard time even getting any gifts next year if I log on everyday...
And I am not going to do that even if I had the time...

But oh well I hope there wasnt anything important in my presents... ^_^

And thanks for the answer. ^_^

Edit: By the way I thought the reason was because of alts, not the hardly ever used accounts. ?

Edited by JacoAnd

I imagine that it's simpler to restrict the hardly used accounts, firstly because the alt checks can also throw out people that are only logging from the same network, like college, school, work, etc., and secondly because there are some alts that should receive gifts because they are actual, well played personalities.

Unfortunately, people took longer breaks at a time are also not eligible for gifts anymore, that may or may not be intentional. Currently, i think it is.

• Root Admin

Mur say the exact amount. If you do not meet the threshold values he has determined for an active player, then sadly you wont be getting your gifts this year.

It does not have anything to do with alts.

As Mur said at the time, it is not for you being active, but remembering about MD every day. Active days DOES NOT show activity, But more you remembered MD to log in and such.

i live in the hope that i am in the border range of values considered as "inacvtive" or "unneligible" then, and do not have much hope for next year. And i feel i shouldnt be penalised in such a way.
i guess my present wasnt part of the group which were chosen, and just on the random pile also then

Edited by Asterdai

• Root Admin

[quote name='Asterdai' timestamp='1293360429' post='76069']
i live in the hope that i am in the border range of values considered as "inacvtive" or "unneligible" then, and do not have much hope for next year. And i feel i shouldnt be penalised in such a way.
[/quote]

The presents are free, you are not "missing" out on the game. Mur has this year decided that there should be only to people who have logged in enough.

Dont be annoyed that you didnt get something, you had equal chance with everyone else. Be glad that mur even decided that they should be given out. This attitude really pisses me off because people consider them to be their right. If you didnt get them, shame. Perhaps next year.

i think its a nice idea that it has a restriction though, i really do think that i feel active this year though, and have spent a Lot of my personal time dedicated to the game. i guess its mostly this reason which annoys me the most. its a bit like a kick in the teeth without meaning to be

Edited by Asterdai

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Burns' timestamp='1293321310' post='76055']
Mur has placed an activity requirement on the gifts.
I'm uncertain if it considers activity lately or in general, but i guess latter, and you obviously don't meet it with 69%.
The new rule is in place to stop people from using hardly used accounts to access gifts and transfer/sell them.
[/quote]mi mI
Just out of curiosity, I was in story mode at time of Mur's gifts, and when I got out couldn't get any gifts, apparently i wasn't elgible for gifts.was it because I was too late? By the way, mp5 should count as not an opportunistic grabber of the free gifts.just my opinion, lol

• Root Admin

[quote name='RockCakeMerchant' timestamp='1294230415' post='76838']
mi mIJust out of curiosity, I was in story mode at time of Mur's gifts, and when I got out couldn't get any gifts, apparently i wasn't elgible for gifts.was it because I was too late? By the way, mp5 should count as not an opportunistic grabber of the free gifts.just my opinion, lol
[/quote]

When you got out did you get the same message as above?