Critique my drawings?

adiomino

[u][b](these are all in order of being drawn. slowly but surely i think i've gotten better xD)[/b][/u] look through them in order to see

My personal favorites (in order going down)
1: scary faceless man
2: fairy girl
3: faceless woman standing up

Quality is pretty horrible because i used my webcam (bleh) to get the pictures here.
But they are not finished products yet (i think) so once i finish them I'll get to working on hooking up the scanner.

Please i want some tips on how to improve these drawings overall to get them approved as avatars. (note: the harp is a drawing for my harp item)

(EDIT: oh goodness.. they look absolutely horrifying in this quality! i swear they look better in RL when you see them)
1[attachment=2554:ha.jpg]
2[attachment=2556:ho.jpg]
3[attachment=2551:bl.jpg]
4[attachment=2553:fa.jpg]
5[attachment=2552:bl2.jpg]
6[attachment=2555:sc.jpg]

(these are all in order of being drawn. slowly but surely i think i've gotten better xD)

Edited by adiomino

[quote name='adiomino' timestamp='1297054992' post='78553']
[u][b](these are all in order of being drawn. slowly but surely i think i've gotten better xD)[/b][/u] look through them in order to see

My personal favorites (in order going down)
1: scary faceless man
2: fairy girl
3: faceless woman standing up

Quality is pretty horrible because i used my webcam (bleh) to get the pictures here.
But they are not finished products yet (i think) so once i finish them I'll get to working on hooking up the scanner.

Please i want some tips on how to improve these drawings overall to get them approved as avatars. (note: the harp is a drawing for my harp item)

(EDIT: oh goodness.. they look absolutely horrifying in this quality! i swear they look better in RL when you see them)
1[attachment=2554:ha.jpg]
2[attachment=2556:ho.jpg]
3[attachment=2551:bl.jpg]
4[attachment=2553:fa.jpg]
5[attachment=2552:bl2.jpg]
6[attachment=2555:sc.jpg]

(these are all in order of being drawn. slowly but surely i think i've gotten better xD)
[/quote]
Did you scan those pics?? or took photos??....seem to have lot of shadows.......and about the pics..I likes the first one very much.... and about the human characters..you may want to put just a little more effort to the proportions on some of them, other than that its pretty nice.....go go player ;-)..... and I learned the basics from Christopher Hart's book...he is a super champ IMO
[url="http://www.flipkart.com/drawing-cutting-edge-anatomy-christopher-book-0823023982"]Cutting Edge Anatomy[/url] and also see [url="http://www.posemaniacs.com/"]posemaniac[/url] site

-rider

Edited by dragonrider7

I think it is a very sincere attempt at the human figure. The human form is difficult to draw if you haven't studied it before, and even then it's still difficult to draw because the human form is complex in a very simple way. I would suggest doing some independent studies on the female figure, as for some that can be the most difficult thing to draw. (One good way to do a study is to draw from pictures. If you go on deviantart, some people actually have models pose in various ways and take pictures simply so artists like you or me can study them.)

I like your drawing of the harp and the fairy, by the way. Those two are probably my favorites.

I like them Addy ^_^
They remind me of some of the Zelda characters, or of the more spiritual characters in Miyazaki (of Studio Ghibli's films).

I know that I certainly haven't gotten drawing humans down yet… that's why they're always in really baggy clothes when I draw them :))
Personally, I kind of find the lack of perfect proportions kind of appealing, but that's just the opinion of an amateur artist.