Contest

Metal Bunny

Right, there are 2 issues I would like to discuss and they are reasonable-ish...

1. Make (for mp5) loreroot and necrovion non public places. I could go with heads into loreroot and stay there so that the chapter 3 people couldn't get me, but Glaistg (grmbl grmbl... Kiiiiilll) took all my heads and went to necrovion, wherein even less players can come... please totally crush her :D j/k :D Just make it non public, that would be nice.

2. I just noticed that running way is an effective tactic, it confuses some players and takes other players time to catch up. One could do this in combination of offline/online and that is less fair. Glaistig here abused me and ran away and went offline, but that is allowed. She did come online for a short period and actually got the points for her heads... I think it might be better to also have a minimum of 'online time' before one can stay online. Although I hav e no idea how that would affect the contest...

There you go, assuming I am female.. Ah well, I suppose that's fine.

I come up with nice tactics, I do hmm? Hopefully this goes on long enough for me to have a fair advantage before the new rules come into effect (I'm assuming Manu will be "fair") and I get crushed by MB or someone alike to him.

May i add: Ban the use of multi accounts in the contest ?

A Player i wont name (lets just say player xxxx) came to me, attacked me, weakend me. Then player xxxx1 (Same name but with a 1) attacked me in the next 5 seconds and took my head (Yay 1head).

My not too constructive 2 cents.

that is completely wrong and shouldnt be done

that should disqualify the person doing that from the contest

If there aren't rules against it, I shouldn't be disqualified. I suppose you could call it a bit unfair though. If a moderator tells me not to, then I shall cease.

Right now things are pretty open. If something isn't expressly fobidden, then it is allowed. Exploiting bugs is obviously not allowed. Everything else though, it's all good. If you find a hiding place for the head game, congrats. They are hard to come by.

You are free to do anything in the game that is tehnicalyy allowed. If you consider that you discovered some sort of exploit or a bug, report it to a moderator. You are allowed to use any exploit you discover, until it hets fixed, as long as you report it in time.

bugs can be exploited if stated to a mod within time

hehe hiding places are even harder to come by now almost everywhere has been given a name as well

I think she meant the part about the 2 players.. not you... because 'e v e r y b o d y' likes you...

You don't like me? It's as if I can sense some deeply sarcastic undertone in these words for some reason.. If so, I suppose I brought it on myself; I should probably say sorry because there is little chance I shall be in the top 3 by the end of the competition and then your heads will have gone to waste. But at the same time, I am glad because if I hadn't gotten those 15 heads I would not have been motivated into trying to compete, and then I wouldn't have had this much fun trying to defeat rituals (esp. w/ the new system)! So I should say thank you.

Thank you :)

EDIT: Forgot to say sorry.

Sorry. :(

Updating in the middle of the contest without warning (and while certain people with heads are idle in a sanctuary) is not particularly fair either. Perhaps for future updates to integral parts of the game (for example, the win/victory change...) you could announce that the change will be happening at a certain point in the future. Server time, or GMT, could be used to designate when the update will occur.

Very few sour grapes from me on this one since I'm so far behind in the contest already, but still-- I was really happy to have any heads at all!

Well, it is still alpha and it was kind of known that the contest is an experiment and that everything else is as well. Mur is like an awesomeness dictator, able to change whatever he wants, whenever he wants. Just got to go with the flow, makes the game a lot nicer :)

One thing I might want changed is the way previous winners of the contest is shown in the progress page. It is all well and good to show that these players can't win again, but because it's always gray, we can't know if the player is offline or not even if he's in the top 10 or whatever number in which status is shown.

I believe that the majority of us should be able to tell with just the strike-out, so can it be changed to show the same colors as other players in the contest?

Glaistig i didnt mean you with my former post

i meant the guy who attacked and then attcked again with a different character after the first weakened him

that should be wrong

but if that was you then yes i did

other than that i am not to motivated to do this contest as some have a advantage over others

but it is all good and everythin next one i will still be mp4 so i will continue and try then maybe plegthorem will not be mp4 then lol

Well, this isn't exactly on-topic and about the unfairness, but I read the rules and it said something about being able to attack others in the Sanctuary with heads. I can't seem to do this, whether they have heads or not, or more heads than me. . . I'm pretty sure Sacosphilz attacked me in a Sanctuary, though. That's just odd. :)

Yup, I'm thrilled when I get heads from others, but I don't feel /that/ much motivation because my characters are worse than many other players who have been in MP4 longer (don't have any Loreroot creatures, esp. the tree that can sacrifice. :) ) but it's better now that I can get one by just winning instead of having to get victories to get any at all.

Shame on you, Glaistig. You and your cowardly nature. >XD You should just defeat others with superior strategy, but I suppose you can't manage that. O', ohhohoho. Oho!

If they have 3 or more heads you should be able to attack them. If they've got 2 or less you can't. You get 1 point per scoring period for every 3 heads you have, so if they don't have at least 3 they're not scoring.

If they have 3 or more heads you should be able to attack them. If they've got 2 or less you can't. You get 1 point per scoring period for every 3 heads you have, so if they don't have at least 3 they're not scoring.

Hmm... I tried attacking several that had around 6 or 5. Maybe it was because they hadn't scored yet? And do you still not get a score in the Sanctuary even though others can attack you? It doesn't say in the rules anymore.

@Morgana, mmkay.

Response to new contest rules: It sounds fun that the contest will occur every month (that's how I interpreted the words), but does that also mean that there will be a contest going on at all times? Or if not, then about how long will each contest last? I assume they'd be pretty short. Well, just some questions that I came up with.

@Lulu, while it is quite a disadvantage for some people to not be able to get into Necro, there is actually a fair amount who can.. and they steal my heads fairly easily, since (as you said) I am weak with strategy. Then I go out and try to get some heads. Until I accumulate a lot, I stay outside of Necro and other people defeat my rituals quickly enough to get the few heads I have. In the end, I spend a lot of time not in Necro and don't really gather many points, unless I manage to get a lot of heads at once. At this point I don't think I'm much of a threat, since most of the people on the leaderboard can get into Necrovion. Well, it's a little bit different for those who are more accomplished.

I think later on that most people will be able to enter either Necrovion or the other place (inner Loreroot?) in mp5.

Hey, this has been troubling me. . . I set up a defense ritual with my 300 hp healing warrior thing alone, deleted all my other defense ritual, but for some reason when I was attacked all the other creature slots were filled with my other creatures. No, my warrior did not have below 300. In fact, it had 323 because of combos, I think. I'm pretty sad and perplexed right now, cause I just lost my 25 heads. :l

Could it be because you're supposed to somehow select "no creature" instead of not selecting anything at all for the slots you don't want any creats in? Because I just didn't do anything with those slots while making my ritual.

The ritual must have 301 VE (before any bonus VE, or your personal VE).

The ritual as in the creature? If so, creatures overall or every creature? Or the ritual and the percentage you give it? :o

That would explain some of it, because I give it around 0%, and I only have one barren-soul thing in there.

The ritual must have 301 VE (before any bonus VE, or your personal VE).

@Lulu, it says ritual, so it means all vit of the creatures added up. Vitality bond doesn't count.

Interesting thing is, didn't you say others used a defensive ritual of a single hollow warrior? Well, maybe they didn't have any other creatures alive.

@Lulu, it says ritual, so it means all vit of the creatures added up. Vitality bond doesn't count.

Interesting thing is, didn't you say others used a defensive ritual of a single hollow warrior? Well, maybe they didn't have any other creatures alive.

I thought so, although I know some used more than one. Hah, I'm probably off to get some weak creature to add to my ritual, then. :o Thanks for clearing that up.