MP4 Concerns

Krioni

When should I move forward?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey everyone,

So a little background: I am an MP3 (I have been for a while) who has at least some understanding of fighting, though of course I am still learning more. At this point in time, I can move on to MP4 when I want to, as I have met the requirements. I want some advice on if I should or not, but it seems that people so far have not given me advice or are very jaded on their reasons for sticking at MP3. First off, I play MD not for the fighting, though it is a major part of the game and I participate in it. I play it because I love the roleplay, the lands, the quests, and the lore. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't play MD. In fact, when I joined about a year ago, that is all that I could find, combat, and I quickly became bored with the game. I returned to find many more quests (thank you everyone who makes MP3 accessible quests) and really got to solving some puzzles. Unfortunately, it seems that to a certain degree, I am currently stopped at what I can do now at this level. I want to explore more lands (namely Loreroot) and do more quests, so I would like to move forward in mindpower.

But here is the problem. I have been told by some players that I will not like MP4 and will get destroyed because I have not farmed my creatures up enough. Now, almost all of my creatures I have are ready to advance when hitting the next mind power, but only advance once. My biggest problem with this is I do not care about that so much and certain tools to accomplish getting things like wins seem to be removed from when I played before (GGG). So what are your opinions or advice? Am I really going to die and hate MP4 if I go forward now and should spend some more time in MP3 training critters, or, even if the transition is a little rough, I am good to advance and continue learning what I can? I am going to spend a little more time in MP3 because I am finishing a quest chain by Mya, but I wanted to get some sound advice here on the forums where people can much more easily give better responses than in game. Also, if you don't want to leave a public message as your reason, feel free to PM me.

Thanks everyone,
Krioni

...Eat Strawberries...

• Root Admin

When you move into mp4, no matter what you do in MP3, you will be the weakest.

You will be beaten, many times, and you will lose your ve many times. This is a given no matter how much training you do.

But after a while, your creatures will get stronger, you will win battles that others specifically had weaker creatures on. And then there will be a new "wave" of people coming from mp4.

You cannot prepare to initially be the weakest. Its an inevitability. But if you have the determination, you can join a group of friends and get easier wins, and train.

When you joined the game, you were the weakest. You would grew stronger and then reached the mp3 limits, whereby you need to join the next group and grow stronger again.

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1310406928' post='87631']
When you move into mp4, no matter what you do in MP3, you will be the weakest.

You will be beaten, many times, and you will lose your ve many times. This is a given no matter how much training you do.

But after a while, your creatures will get stronger, you will win battles that others specifically had weaker creatures on. And then there will be a new "wave" of people coming from mp4.

You cannot prepare to initially be the weakest. Its an inevitability. But if you have the determination, you can join a group of friends and get easier wins, and train.

When you joined the game, you were the weakest. You would grew stronger and then reached the mp3 limits, whereby you need to join the next group and grow stronger again.
[/quote]

Thanks Chewett. This is the type of reply I want, instead of simply "train more" or "I didn't like it, stay MP3". I don't mind going through that period, and I am honestly excited to be at the bottom again and have people to climb through.

Also, if you have general suggestions for any MP3 questioning MP4, leave them here. I will find them useful and I am sure other MP3's will too.

• Root Admin

Dont worry. just go ahead. you cant make a wrong choice in this game.

Any amount of specilised "core" training done in mp3/4 will pale in comparision to the amount of training that can be done at mp5 with the large exp limit available. So for my alts, and for others i never bother recommding them to "train hard" just to try and learn the system well.

I can share my young experience. I set myself a few goals to complete before moving up MP4. Those had nothing to do with training or fight. I just wanted to take time to explore other things. It worked quite well.

But as Chewett said, should have I chosen to move up MP4 earlier, nothing much would have changed, except maybe the age of my creatures.

Do as you feel and you'll be ok!

[quote name='Passant the Weak' timestamp='1310416665' post='87658']
I can share my young experience. I set myself a few goals to complete before moving up MP4. Those had nothing to do with training or fight. I just wanted to take time to explore other things. It worked quite well.

But as Chewett said, should have I chosen to move up MP4 earlier, nothing much would have changed, except maybe the age of my creatures.

Do as you feel and you'll be ok!
[/quote]

This sounds a lot like what I wanted, I wanted to have my critters to a certain level, yes, but I wanted to do some of the MP3 quests, which I am about done, and then I think I will go ahead and move up considering the advice here. Thanks!