Personal Page Template Replacements

Chewett

• Root Admin

Work in Progress, post half written

Here details the code you can use to insert content into your personal page to give it some dynamically updating content.

To use these pieces of code. Just put any of the text in the code brackets into your personal page. Either in the HTML or Content section.

NOTE: It only comes out as text when looking at it from the editor. When you look at the page publicly (aka going to [url="http://magicduel.com/players/chewett"]http://magicduel.com/players/chewett[/url] it will display the correct output)

[CODE][toplinks][/CODE]
[attachment=3177:toplinks.jpg]
This element will output the above Html every time. This is a fixed size so does not require any special code to deal with it.

[CODE][adepts][/CODE]
[attachment=3168:adepts.jpg]
This will be as long as your adept list is. So for some people it will be short and others very long.

[CODE][equipment][/CODE]
[attachment=3176:equipment.jpg]
This displays your maniquin with your current armor and also displays your wins, losses and honour. Collectively known as your Battle Stats.

[CODE][alliance][/CODE]
[attachment=3172:alliance.jpg]
This will detail your current alliance details. This is a fixed size so does not require any special code to deal with it.

[CODE][creatures][/CODE]
[b]Creatures Large[/b]
[attachment=3174:creatures-big.jpg]
[b]Creatures Small[/b]
[attachment=3175:creatures-small.jpg]
The creatures page will expand to the space avalible to it. meaning that it is recommended you add some kind of div around the template code to limit the expansion on larger screens.

Currently these do not display creatures as it has not been updated. But it is planned to be fixed sometime in the future. So implementing it would provide a nice view of your creatures later.

[CODE] [advertising][/CODE]
[attachment=3171:advertising.jpg]
This hasn't changed size in a while, So future updates may change its format. This is a fixed size so does not require any special code to deal with it.

[CODE] [adventurelog][/CODE]
[b]Adventure Log Large[/b]
[attachment=3169:adventurelog-big.jpg]
[b]Adventure Log Small[/b]
[attachment=3170:adventurelog-small.jpg]
This randomly displays an adventure log excerpt. The length will differ depending on the adventure log selected. Also the element will fit the avalible space. So it is recommended to surround it in a width limiting element.

[CODE] [character][/CODE]
[attachment=3173:character.jpg]
This will display your current stats, including any such gathering ones. This will stretch depending on how many additional skills you have, But for most will be a fixed size as shown in the image.

[CODE] [weaponsets][/CODE]
[b]Weapon Set Small[/b]
[attachment=3179:weaponsets-small.jpg]
[b]Weapon Set Large[/b]
[attachment=3178:weaponsets-big.jpg]
This shows the details of your current armour you are wearing and your description.

[CODE] [doc1][/CODE]
This will show your protector page.

This will stretch to fit the content, So is probably best wrapped in an element of fixed width for larger screens. Also documents may not come out exactly as they are coded in the game.

[CODE] [doc3][/CODE]
This will show your comments on self page

This will stretch to fit the content, So is probably best wrapped in an element of fixed width for larger screens. Also documents may not come out exactly as they are coded in the game.

[CODE] [doc4][/CODE]
This will show your hate list.

[CODE] [doc5][/CODE]
This will show your Military pages

[CODE] [doc6][/CODE]
This will show your Quest page.

Edited by Chewett

• 2 years later...

um interesting, this stuff is good i will definatelly play with them when i will be doing my papers and will do nice profile page as well, i know some people who could help me out with this and got told that if html code is allowed to be written along normal content then i can modifiy anything on that page where that code gets added so this could get really nice

seems odd that there isnt template for doc2 (ally page? i think) and no avatar template, avatar are very cool and i think they do add very important aspect of describing character, oh and way to show inventory would be cool too, those 3 things are sooo distant for me anyway, but i wonder how come nobody else havent brought it up before

i really like this i never in any other game saw this kind of thing

• Root Admin

seems odd that there isnt template for doc2 (ally page? i think) and no avatar template, avatar are very cool and i think they do add very important aspect of describing character, oh and way to show inventory would be cool too, those 3 things are sooo distant for me anyway, but i wonder how come nobody else havent brought it up before

i really like this i never in any other game saw this kind of thing

Thats what Mur gave me at the time, i wasnt a coder then. I will look into adding the others at a later date, but this is low priority.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

edit again >_>

actually i just noticed that [creatures] aint working it doesnt load picture of creature it says pictures are missing

And if you read my post:

[creatures]
Creatures Large
attachicon.gifcreatures-big.jpg
Creatures Small
attachicon.gifcreatures-small.jpg
The creatures page will expand to the space avalible to it. meaning that it is recommended you add some kind of div around the template code to limit the expansion on larger screens.

Currently these do not display creatures as it has not been updated. But it is planned to be fixed sometime in the future. So implementing it would provide a nice view of your creatures later.