Fenths - Not like other resources?

MoM

Okay, a few questions that I'm currently considering, being the holder of the Reality Coagulator Re caller...
Fenths is not like any other resource, and the reason is : the item with which they are collected is not 'shared'
thus, Reality Coagulators and Fenths should remain free for all.
Am I right or wrong? I would just like to know, no personal gain intended ( I was offered to be paid for them, but still gave them for free =P)

last I remember, Mur said we can't sell them, but was that only for testing period? (he also said the coagulators would be gone, but they're still here) or does it apply to always?

I guess only Mur can actually answer, but any other person is free to tell me what he thinks =)

again, I only want to know for the sake of knowing, no gain intended.

To be honest "Fenths" are still a mystery and still on its "discovery" phase. I think that "Fenths," as of now, shouldn't be shared. It's like a newly discovered element where if used incorrectly it will result in a disastrous event.

And about the tools(Reality Coagulators), I think that [color=#ff0000]Mur[/color] haven't removed them because he has reason to or he is just so busy these days.

[quote]Fenths is not like any other resource, and the reason is : the item with which they are collected is not 'shared'
thus, Reality Coagulators and Fenths should remain free for all.[/quote]

[color=#808080][i]Memory stones are gathered by 3 not shared tools and seem to be getting very high prices.[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]Also, before Woodcutters or Water Dwellers tools became shared the resources were sold or/and shared as the owners saw fit.[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]Can't see why fenths should be treated differently.[/i][/color]

[color=#808080][i]As for the Coagulators, as long as you're holding the recaller (and you weren't told by Mur when he passed it to you not to do such things) it's for you to decide.[/i][/color]

[color=#808080][i]I suppose at some point the Coagulators will become shared tools. (so did the announcement say)[/i][/color]

[quote]To be honest "Fenths" are still a mystery and still on its "discovery" phase. I think that "Fenths," as of now, shouldn't be shared. It's like a newly discovered element where if used incorrectly it will result in a disastrous event. [/quote]

[i][color=#808080]Erm... and are you sure the people who gather Fenths are qualified to use it correctly so they shouldn't share it?[/color][/i]
[i][color=#808080]I'm still learning the use of cauldron type items and the use of resources including fenths. [/color][/i]
[i][color=#808080]It's fun and it's rewarding. I'd suggest other people tried the same.[/color][/i]

I see it this way you see. [color=#ff0000]Mur[/color] wants to test this new object he created so he picks guinea pigs(No offense to the ones who were picked by [color=#ff0000]Mur[/color] to test somethings) to see what will happen. Success and failure are both results but if the latter where to occur it is most suitable if the "damage" is kept in check. As of now, as I see it, "Fenths" aren't really complete/stable yet so to control the results [color=#ff0000]Mur[/color] needs few guinea pigs to look after.

Okay, here's what I think : you mainly get Fenths when you sacrifice your own creatures, so giving them away for free isn't fair is it?
basically, if you're going to sell your Fenths for anything, I'll charge you for the coagulator, if not (aka, private use, or you'll give it for free) I'll give you the coagulator for free... what do you guys think?

Edited by MoM

I think it's a good idea, but it gets difficult to 'control' how fenths are going to be used in the end. So I could tell you that it's for my personal use, while two days later I will decide to sell them...

But because you have to sacrifice creatures in the first place, there's already a cost for collecting fenths, so not sure the coagulator should be made chargeable.

Another point to consider: fenths might be the by-product of someone's else sacrificed creatures by the time you pick them up, so here it may be a but unfair to get an advantage for something you haven't done. Would it make sense to only be able to collect fenths for creatures you have sacrificed? In that case, it may be better to be awarded fenths as part of the sacrifice process.

Just thoughts of course :)

[i][color=#808080]hm... ok, but let's say I use fenths myself (private use) in a cauldron type item so I'm not paying for renting the coagulator, but then I sell the product (tea or whatever else will be possible to make) on the market. Shouldn't I pay for the Coagulator then?[/color][/i]
[i][color=#808080]After all I will be profiting from it. (not only it, but among other things)[/color][/i]

Almost al of the fenths I manage to gather, are from creatures I raised myself. It takes a lot more effort and time to do raise them, and to gather the fenths, then to gather resources like herbs and water that regenerate all by themselves.
the difference is that cauldrons return periodically, and the coagulators don't. Giving other people a chance to get the cauldron and earn some coins with it.

First Off Zratam, think about it this way :
rare people raise creatures ONLY for the Fenths they get, but most ask me for coagulators since they're gonna sacrifice some, just to get the Fenths.
so basically, had there been no Fenths (and there was, once) sacrifices wouldn't exactly have dropped so much... they still get stat boosts and more ve and vp, so it's not that they did it for nothing...
second off Shem, you actually have a point, but have to remember something : Fenths supplant the actual resources. So, if the Fenths costs more than the resources themselves, it'd be easier to simply ignore them and buy the actual resources. Also, most people can get those resources for free (a little hard work ought to do it), but Fenths would then cost...

A new idea that just struck me.
Coagulators are not... stackable, so if I have 10 coagulators, and Tal has 1, I can harvest 10 times as fast as he can, if Tal sacced a creature, expecting to get 12 Fenths, I'd get 11, he'd get 1 (or 10 and 2, not much of a difference)

as exploitable as that seems, if me and Tal just 'happen' to find the Fenths there, whoever has more coagulators can get more Fenths, even to a degree that one can deplete them without the other taking a single thing.

if there is a quantity of coagulators available, I don't think that would be bad, would it? of course, then there'd have to be a form of... payment for getting the advantage.

Fenths are more valuable then normal resources, since they can fill in for missing resources. Most resources are tied to lands now, and not available freely to people of other countries, except through trade or gifts, (either for other resources or coins).
if people want to lend the coagulator to collect the fenths of their own crits. I'll happily lend them the coagulator. But I do feel that I should be able to trade the fenths I made from my own creatures, Just like resources which are traded for coins, I put in time and effort to train my creatures and gathering fenths.