Maebius Madness #4 - results

Maebius

I'll be putting a Poll on this soon to have the community vote for some submissions I got for "How to stop the war?" for my last quest... which is Waaaayyyy over schedule and delayed. Sorry.

Gathering them now, and will update this post later today...

...but I wanted to just update you all on the fact I hadn't forgotten about you.
Followup post will bump this once completed.

[spoiler]For explanation, not excuse, I've had a few close family members in&out of the hospital, and a change in work, and other sundry Life Happening. MD took a sudden shift to [u]much[/u] lower priority on my awake hours. Thanks for understanding. I still plan on returning more actively soon.... and am lurking on forums on the weekends as best I can for now. Forum conversations are much easier to get replies to than in-game PMs for now, if needed.[/spoiler]

Here they are, for your perusal.
[log='soap?!']First of all: I took Barren Souls's card. While those empty shells do not represent a problem, my biggest concern is about Grasans. To win a war against them is to win a war against stench and obesity (two big problems of our modern world). Few already noticed this, but we're getting overwhelmed by those farting fatties. They are rude, they fart loud, they are strong… They are to be exterminated. Now, how to do that in an elegant yet paradoxical way? How to turn something fat and smelly into perfumed and neat artifacts? Angiens are said to represent both the question and the answer, hence Angiens will be. Few Angiens, fueled with high VE, could burn those Grasans and turn them all into soap bars. Flowers and aromatic plants would then add a fresh fragrance to these bars, spreading freshness in the whole realm. [/log]

[log='Compromise']Well, the battle will never actually end since once I got posed the question, I was no longer allowed to assist in the battle. As such, one only has a day to influence the outcome. If that was not the case, through cooperation we can have everyone win. We all talk to each other and decide which side should win first, and support that side. All the people on that side win. Then the remaining people then support the other two sides, one by one. Eventually everyone wins.
Unless of course, you expect that once a side wins, the quest ends. In that case, you also compromise and decide which side should win, and split the spoils. The threat of not compromising is the equivalent of the US congress where everyone digs in and nothing gets done. it's better to have some of the spoils, then be fore-ever locked in conflict. In the end, compromise and cooperation wins. [/log]

[log='three ideas, hmm?'] Hello Maebius. I was trying to find out some ways in order for the creatures i've sided with in this war (the barren souls) will manage to win it. The main problem as i saw it are the grassans, who seem to be winning for now and who we (the barren souls) can't win against to shift the balance . Here is some ideas on how it can be done:
Idea 1 : The first idea is to persuade you (Want some candy? to change that code so no other creature still exists :P If you just remove from that code the grassans and the aramors, my work is done. There are no enemies, so there is no war Victory!!! But i have a feeling that this won't happen, so lets try some other possibilities ....

Idea 2: The second idea that came to my mind would be to try and find some allies. Even though i'd totally prefer (in regards to power) those drachs over GG, i'm afraid that if they decide to turn against us we will have no chance .... so i don't really trust them. Considering the fact that we (the barren souls) have a unique way to fight in this battle (we are the only healers , so we are the only ones that use the power stat :P ) i would say the best ally we could get would be ........ The Tormented Souls, what else ? :P With their ability to weaken the opponent (i'm taking the aura as it is described and not for what it actually does, cause that's how it suits me right now ofc :P ) grassans will no longer have a chance against us !!!! Victory again! And here one more idea on how to win this :

Idea 3: As i mentioned earlier, the grassan is our main problem. So here is a solution. Against the grassan fights, we will send only one soldier instead of 2. One may not be enough to win, but at least he won't lose either. At the same time, the other one will go and hunt down aramors in order to gain wins and heat and lvl up. Once it becomes a Hollow Warrior, it will go back to the fight with the grassan and kill the Barren soul left behind *laughs evilly * Mouhahaha! Work is done! Hollow Warrior should be more than enough to kill both aramor and grassan, while grassan will no longer be able to retaliate, this time it's one on one! Victory again! [/log]

[log='simple balance']Thoughts on how to 'win' the war.. In war as in many things ( if not all ) your actions towards others tend to be replied by them in a equivalent manner. Balance tends to prevail, as such "winning" a war may be achieved but surely at the cost of losing something. [/log]

[log='drachs!']I'll ask about game mechanics & i suggest one bring drachorns and freezerrs into picture.. *chuckles* out of game, I think balance is better than wining.... for some reason I didnt like to see zero percent aramours or Barrens[/log]

I know I got a PM from EagleEye also, since we went back & forth a few times to discuss his thoughts....but can't seem to find it in my PMs. (was it a forum convo I accidentally deleted? Do you have a copy still?)

But, that's all I had archived from the past month.
Each of you wins a coin as soon as I can get in-game again to break a Note I have. I see some shifting around of TK issues, so if I needed help splitting that into individual coins, who would you recommend I contact? (or have them PM me on forums).

Thanks all, and I hope I will throw something together this month, (that is less clickie-based), to continue the monthly trend. :)
[size=2]Thanks also for understanding the delay and idleness on my part recently.[/size]

Edited by Maebius