Name Change

Revan

That would need to be done by somebody with admin rights ingame, and generally happens rather irregularly.

You can send a PM to Mur (low chances), e-mail your request to the council ([council], if you have a reason for a name change probably good chance), or wait until there's a festival coming up again, when one of the admin accounts is in use, they usually do little things like that on the go.

When I wanted to do it, I was told it costs a wishpoint... and even then you needed a very good reason. I also got humiliated badly and made fun of, so it's most probably frowned upon.

Edited by DARK DEMON

• Root Admin

When I wanted to do it, I was told it costs a wishpoint... and even then you needed a very good reason. I also got humiliated badly and made fun of, so it's most probably frowned upon.

You wanted to change your playername to something that required a certain role and ability. Your request was rather far fetched. Also the fact that your own land humiliated you may indicate somewhat of what you were attempting to do.

Dont email Mur, Contact council to change your playername, See what they say.

• Root Admin

Wasn't entirely them.

Nor did i state that, What i said is that it is surely telling when people who should support you decide to humiliate you. Or they just are mean to you.

I could and prolly should get into discussion how Loreroot humiliated DD or how the land should support that particular idea of a role/name change.

But I won't.

It's offtopic and it's potentially creating an aggravated discussion.

All and any comments/grudges/apologies were and can still be discussed privately.

edit: as always. spelling and/or grammar -.-

Edited by Shemhazaj

So I shot an email over to contact@magicduel.com a few days ago, and they have yet to give a response. I'm not sure how long these sorts of things take.

Edited by Revan

So I shot an email over contact@magicduel.com a few days ago, and they have yet to give a response. I'm not sure how long these sorts of things take.

Weeks :D. If you're lucky :D

Lucky? I don't know what's so funny dst.  He want to change his name (without delving in reasons- maybe he don't like it, maybe he has changed from day when he first enter this realm and he feels that it doesn't defines his character good -  don't know). I don't say he has right to change his name or his arguments are strong enough to convince Council. I just say that this kind of treatment  is misplaced.  Is that mean that if they respond to his mail he should feel honored, distinguished? 

That's just ridiculous. 

PS: 

Also the fact that your own land humiliated you may indicate somewhat of what you were attempting to do.

What do you mean by that? Is that mean that humiliation is a kind of answer for someone opinion/thought/idea/concept? I don't understand how you can justify such behavior. 

Lucky? I don't know what's so funny dst.  He want to change his name (without delving in reasons- maybe he don't like it, maybe he has changed from day when he first enter this realm and he feels that it doesn't defines his character good -  don't know). I don't say he has right to change his name or his arguments are strong enough to convince Council. I just say that this kind of treatment  is misplaced.  Is that mean that if they respond to his mail he should feel honored, distinguished? 

That's just ridiculous. 

PS: 

What do you mean by that? Is that mean that humiliation is a kind of answer for someone opinion/thought/idea/concept? I don't understand how you can justify such behavior. 

uhm, relax John... dst's post points out that anyone emailing the Council must be patient. They do get lots of emails and most of them need to be discussed before replying. It takes time.

Edited by Shemhazaj

Thank you to all those who replied. The Council has replied to my email and everything is now settled. There is no more need for this thread, so it would probably be best if it was locked.