BattleCards Bugtest!

Maebius

tl;dr   -    look for "Battle Cards" at the upper left stone in GoE.

I've been fiddling with a little game that works very nicely in Real Life, but has caused me a few headaches over the last month to debug fully, so.   You get to help!

At the Gazebo of Equalibrium, the rock in the upper left has some "Battle Cards" buried under it.

They seem to work mostly correctly, and require you to play with a friend, coordinating yourselves a bit outside the rock itself, but every now and again, they get confused.

Your challenge is two-fold.

Play Battle Cards with your friends.  Try to win at least 10 games over the next week or so.

I'll pass out a Silver to anyone who manages to do so, and possibly other minor awards.

If you manage to reliably re-create a bug, which helps me fix the darn thing,  I have Jokers, and Imps, and Spellstones to toss your way, as well as my everlasting Thanks.  ^_^

I was going to make this a Monthly Madness quest, but it's driven me mad with its own oddness.

So,  like Heads Contest, try for a high score, but remember it may be unfair (due to a bug).

Enjoy!

(crowdsourced debugging  FTW!?)   :ph34r:

(not sure why those images aren't displaying for you, Ackshan.  Did you try to refresh the browser?)

For those worried about horri-bad bugs, don't be.  I played two full games and it picked the wrong card exactly once over 18 rounds.   Still can't see the pattern on why/when it happened, though, so if you notice a particular bit of info I would love that.  The bugs vex me, and I'm sorry they aren't squished yet.

Otherwise, it's also a fun game to play tabletop with friends/kids. 

I'll mess around with the code a bit more if folks think BattleCards is a neat idea, while I ponder the return of the Mini Monthly Madnesses.  :)

(not sure why those images aren't displaying for you, Ackshan.  Did you try to refresh the browser?)

For those worried about horri-bad bugs, don't be.  I played two full games and it picked the wrong card exactly once over 18 rounds.   Still can't see the pattern on why/when it happened, though, so if you notice a particular bit of info I would love that.  The bugs vex me, and I'm sorry they aren't squished yet.

Otherwise, it's also a fun game to play tabletop with friends/kids. 

I'll mess around with the code a bit more if folks think BattleCards is a neat idea, while I ponder the return of the Mini Monthly Madnesses.  :)

It's working now.

How do you intend your game to calculate vitality lost?  I'm not sure of the intention, so can't tell if there are bugs.

You lose one VE per win,  unless Heat is applied.  in which case, Heat adds to the damage at a rate of 10 Heat = -1 VE.

Hope you enjoy the game.  I find it's clunky in clickie-form, but my son and I play it with index cards as a tabletop game, and it flows really well that way.