[Marind Bell] Rikstar

Here is the beginning of my character's story. I will put here more chapters over time. I recommend you to read the dutch version if you can, because I wrote it originally in dutch.

[log="English version"]
Proloque:

While I was walking along the streets of the far east, it looked at the first moment very normal you could almost say banal. Nothing appeared to be less true. I looked at the streets who were flat and were tiles in a neatle row next to each other. And still there was something about it, no breath of wind that flew next to me. It was a fanfare of silence, as if the silence the sound took. Even the small cracks in the brick from which the houses were build, didn't display a single asymmetric pattern.
I still don't know how I came here, nor what I was doing. My thoughts doesn't go any further than those streets in which I'm walking. I stood still abruptly, it was as if all the locks were open. I still haven't thought about how long I was here, maybe I was here for days or weeks; who knows. I could only think about, how I could get away from this place. I ran as hard as I possibly could, away from this scary place that doesn't want to change. It doesn't matter how far I ran, the same pattern keeps repeating itself. as Exhausted as I was, I fell down. I tried to stand up again, but I couldn't do it. I put my both hands on the ground and tried to catch my breath. When I looked up I saw a drop of sweet dripped down against my hair. I could see the beautifull reflection from the sun in it. And at that time I knew what I had to do. I was keeping my back towards it the whole time. I only had to turn around and accept what is happening. No running away, but standing still at this spot. I stood up,  I staggered a bit. I closed my eyes. I was cloaked in complete darkness; it felt great. Finally a place that was different. A small breeze of air stroke against me. This sudden change caused me to open my eyes widely.
A door appeared from the pattern of houses, it was as if it was whispering towards me; subtly but forcefully. I decided to go to it. The further I walked, the more it seemed that the light was going away. I couldn't keep my eyes from it; they were inseparable. Before I took my last step, I took another deep breath. The door went open without me doing anything, but it felt like I did it. I could hear the cracking deep in my ears. It was a hard high shrill tone, just like one you would immediately fall on the ground. Before I could do that, it just stopped. I looked in amazement inside; nothing. A vast hazy whight spot stretched to infinity. I could barely think about it, or I was pulled into it. When I looked behind me I couldn't see the door. My thoughts relaxed, I couldn't think logically about what is happening. I passed out.
[/log]

[log="Dutch version"]
Proloog:

Terwijl ik langs de straten liep van het verre oosten, oogde het op het eerste moment zeer normaal je zou bijna banaal kunnen zeggen. Niets bleek minder waar te zijn. Ik keek op naar de straten die vlak en netjes op een rijtje naast elkaar waren betegeld. En toch klopte er iets niet, geen enkel zuchtje wind dat langs me streek. Het was een bombarie aan stilte, alsof de stilte het geluid overnam. zelfs de kleine scheurtjes in de bakstenen waaruit de huizen waren opgebouwd, bleken geen enkel asymmetrisch patroon te vertonen.
Ik weet nog steeds niet hoe ik hier gekomen ben, evenmin wat ik hier aan het doen was. Mijn gedachten gaan niet verder terug dan deze straten waar ik in liep. Abrupt stopte ik, het was alsof alle sluizen open stonden en er met geweld water uit spuitte. Ik had er niet eens is over nagedacht hoe lang ik hier al was, misschien was ik hier al dagen of weken; wie zal het zeggen. Ik kon alleen nog maar denken, aan hoe ik hier weg zou kunnen komen. Ik rende zo hard als ik kon, weg van deze enge plek die maar niet wilde veranderen. Hoe ver ik ook rende hetzelfde patroon bleef zich maar herhalen. Zo uitgeput als ik was, viel ik neer. Ik probeerde overeind te komen, maar ik kon het niet. Met mijn beide handen op de grond, probeerde ik weer om op adem te komen. Toen ik omhoog keek zag ik een zweetdruppeltje langs mijn haar naar beneden glijden. Ik kon de prachtige reflectie van de zon erin zien. En toen wist ik wat ik moest doen. De hele tijd keerde ik mijn rug ernaar toe, het enigste wat ik moest doen is omkeren en accepteren wat er gebeurde. Niet wegrennen of vluchten, stilstaan en afwachten dat was het. nee, dat moest het zijn. terwijl ik opstond, wankelde ik nog een klein beetje. Ik besloot om mijn ogen dicht te doen. Daar was ik dan in complete duisternis verhuld; het voelde fijn. Eindelijk een plek die anders was. Een klein zuchtje wind streelde me langs mijn zij. Door de plotselinge verandering sperde ik mijn ogen wijd open.
Een deur ontsloot zich aan het patroon van huizen, het was alsof het tegen me aanfluisterde; subtiel maar met kracht. Ik besloot om er maar naar toe te gaan. Hoe meer stappen ik zette, des te meer leek het dat het licht zich aan mij onttrok. Ik kon mijn ogen er niet vanaf houden; ze waren onafscheidelijk. Voordat ik mijn laatste stap nam, haalde ik nog een keer diep adem. De deur ging open zonder dat ik iets deed, toch was het net alsof ik hem opende. Het kraken kon ik tot diep in mijn oren horen. Zo'n schrille harde hoge toon, waarvan je het liefst op de grond ineenduikt. Maar voordat ik dat kon doen, stopte het opeens. Ik keek vol verbazing naar binnen; helemaal niets. Een grote wazige witte vlek uitgestrekt tot in het oneindige. Ik kon het nauwelijks tot me toe laten komen, of ik werd er naar toe getrokken. Toen ik achterom keek kon ik de deur niet meer zien. Mijn gedachte verslapte, ik kon niet meer logisch redeneren over wat er aan het gebeuren was. Ik viel flauw.
[/log]