Computer problems. OI!

Curiose

Is anyone familiar with gateway computers?

I was using mine today, and I set it down so I could nap. I get up a couple hours later, and try opening it back up. I hit the power button, and a blue light flashes on the on button, and on the icon with a lightbulb.

I tried holding down the on button to drain the battery, because plugging in my charger doesnt work- nothing lights up. But even as I tried draining it twice by holding down each time for fifteen+ seconds, it still blinks at me.

Can anyone help me?
Its practically brand new and I used it probably less than ten times so I dont understand why it is having this problem.

Hmm,  I'd ask Chewett's question. Also, does it beep at all?  

I'm guessing no screen images or text are displayed (as in startup stuff, before it gets to your Operating System?)

You mention opening it up,  is it a laptop, or a desktop?  

Laptop, almost sounds like perhaps it went into Hibernation mode.  Could you remove the battery for 5+ minutes and try booting it up? 

Using a docking station?  External monitor?  Any peripherals?  

Could be a few things, sorry,  need more info.  :D

• Root Admin

But even as I tried draining it twice by holding down each time for fifteen+ seconds, it still blinks at me.

It referring to? The power button?

Do you have any indication lights on (what im guessing is a laptop)? Like hard drive lights, or anything?

We all have such moments :D

^ TRUTH!   I've left a monitor unplugged and then messed with Video Drivers, browsed tech forums, and Raged agaisnt the universe for a good hour before "fixing"  it.     No worries, Curi.   Glad you found the solution.