Pickaxe minigame

Aquellia

I visited Necrovion recently and found myself in 'The scene at the bottom of the vale of oblivion' and A thought struck me almost instantly... There was a lack of Pickaxes...

But more than that, there was the feeling that a pickaxe alone wasn't enough, I felt the need to play. A game of sort, not sure which entirely but just a small game.

There's a small clicky in the scene on one of the rock faces. The perfect place to find a mining mini-game. Of course you couldn't play a mining mini-game without a pickaxe, so best pick that up first so that you can play. But don't forget safety, you can't take the pickaxe off of the site so best put it back before you leave.

The mini-game itself is just going down to the mine to try and meet the daily quota. The problem is a little while back the mines collapsed and most of the tunnels are blocked. It takes a while to mine each section and the working day doesn't last forever. So you have a limit on how many sections you can mine each day. And if you don't meet the quota it's game-over.Occasionally you might find yourself mining out a blocked tunnel, letting you mine in the new area.

Technical details:

The pickaxe is a pick-able item that while held blocks exit from the scene.
If anyone would like to inform me of the exact scene name I'll edit it in.

The mini game it self will consist of a grid containing a randomly placed series of rocks. Which may or may not contain ore. Each ore contributes to the daily quota to keep going in the game. If they meet the quota they can continue to the next round. (Getting a better reward at the end) If they fail the quota the game ends and the loose the pickaxe and it won't appear again till it's reset time (daily/weekly). THIS MEANS 1 GAME PER RESET. A single rock on the grid will lead to a new location when found (instantly or the next day, whichever is preferred) effectively resetting the grid (With higher percentage of empty rocks but maybe also better value ore too). The reward itself can be in the way of temporary stats or boost. Or if felt worthwhile enough perhaps an item/resource which is attainable by all but not common? Memory stones, pickles or anything that seems correctly valued. (the game would need to be made and tested first to value an appropriate reward) As the game is primarily grid based the input may be done with co-ords in text box, drop down lists or single tick lists or anything along those lines.

Coding the game itself:

I thought Chewett might enjoy it when not doing other work and looking for something fun to do. (no rush) Or perhaps others may volunteer, but Chewett gets the first say. I could code the game alone in c# on windows forms, xna or cmd. But I don't know how to use MD script or make something that will work in a clicky. The pick-able item shouldn't be much of a task nor the blocking exits while it's held. (I'd suggest a way to put the pick-axe down without playing too so people don't get stuck)

Other bonuses:
There's very few built in challenges around MD and they only work once. This would allow random placement thus easy repeatability. Think of it like adding a daily/weekly challenge for people to enjoy. At the very least to me the location will feel more complete.

Apologies for the mid post interruption, I was invited to a party and given 30 seconds to get ready...

Aquellia.

Edited by Aquellia