Because I don't need to wear a Mask

Nimrodel

So after scrapping two quests and one sleepless night, I decided to post the quest I was saving for some other time. THIS IS NOT A HALLOWEEN THEMED QUEST. The task is simple.

Write an essay on the concept of Ring of Gyges and it's relationship with online disinhibition effect. With examples in the form of screen shots from forum and in game, elaborate as to how YOU THINK MD game and Forum are effected by the phenomenon of online disinhibition effect and whether you support the theory suggested by Glaucon or Socrates, based on your findings. Also Write about how your findings have inspired you to change/not change your behavior concerning MD.

This quest will run till December 6th 2359. Please PM the entries to me via FORUM PM ONLY.

Scoring guidelines:

1. Screen shots should have more variety. If you keep concentrating on posts or stuffs made by a single player or same two players, you will not score.

2. English needs to be the medium of expression. Please don't send 10 pages of only voluminous text in the name of essay. You don't want the judges to stop reading the text in between and giving you an average mark. Make it crisp, concise and well presented. Flowery language is not a necessity. Common English will do. I don't want Shakespeare. I want to understand.

3. Minimum word limit is to be 700 words with spaces.

Rewards: 

Less than 7 participants:

1 wishpoint to the winner with 5 spell stones: 1 Attack lock + 1 move lock + 1 teleport to paper cabin+1 toad speak+ 1 locate

7 or more participants:

1st place: Choice between 1 Rein/1 wishpoint + choice of two stones from the above mentioned categories

2nd Place:  1 Rein/1 wishpoint (depending on what the first place chooses) + choice of two stones from the ones remaining in the above category

3rd place: 1 Rust gold + remaining stone from the above category.

Silver will be rewarded to all participants who manage to score more than 35% in the Judges grading in an ascending order from the last. Meaning person who scored least, will get one silver, second least 2 silver and so on and so forth.

Motive of this quest is to spread awareness regarding the phenomenon and its prevalence in MD community. Lets see if we can tweak a few egos. If this essay goes well, I might conduct a debate in game too. Good luck.

Edited by Nimrodel

Rewards update:

Rewards: 

Less than 7 participants:

1 wishpoint to the winner with 5 spell stones: 1 Attack lock + 1 movelock + 1 teleport to paper cabin+1 toadspeak+ 1 locate

7 or more participants:

1st place: Choice between 1 Rein/1 wishpoint + choice of two stones from the above mentioned categories
2nd Place: 1 Rein/1 wishpoint (depending on what the first place chooses) + choice of two stones from the ones remaining in the above category
3rd place: 1 Rust gold + remaining stone from the above category.

Silver will be rewarded to all participants who manage to score more than 35% in the Judges grading in an ascending order from the last. Meaning person who scored least, will get one silver, second least 2 silver and so on and so forth.

Edited by Nimrodel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...