Drawing contest: Santa V

Eara Meraia

Greetings!

Since the last Santa drawing has been released we are looking for a new one! Previous years awesome Santas have been provided by duxie and dragonrider (you can see some of drawings HERE). Now it’s your chance to be the author for the next Santa.

What to do?

• Draw the Santa (preferably full body, nothing cut off :P)
  • Load the image to one of image hosting sites (imgur.com)
  • IMPORTANT: Send the link with image as a PM on my forum account! (with the title: Santa V) Don’t make it public! All images must be kept secret until the winner is decided.
  • Both: nice idea, MD-spirit and high-quality drawing will be considered in the process of judging.
  • Naturally all images you send to the contest must be authentic. Each of them will be carefully checked.

This contest has NO official deadline. But hurry up, since it will end as soon as the winner is chosen!

Rewards will be sufficient!

So don’t lose time! Start drawing Santa V now!

Edited by Chewett

some comments and clarifications:

1) rewards will be given to every artwork which is of high artistic quality, has an original idea and is considered as worth of reward. Try to impress judges :)

2) winner Santa MAY be implemented PLUS the author will get a reward depending on the quality and impression it made.

3) You can also resubmit images you submitted last years. Those will be accepted, but you can only get a reward if your Santa is chosen the best one.

4) more than one Santa per player is allowed.

Edited by Chewett
Minor change from will be implemented to May be implemented

• Root Admin

can we enter more than one drawing?

I refer you to:

some comments and clarifications:

1) rewards will be given to every artwork which is of high artistic quality, has an original idea and is considered as worth of reward. Try to impress judges :)

2) winner Santa MAY be implemented PLUS the author will get a reward depending on the quality and impression it made.

3) You can also resubmit images you submitted last years. Those will be accepted, but you can only get a reward if your Santa is chosen the best one.

4) more than one Santa per player is allowed.

• Root Admin

what size of picture? px X px

grey? black and white? colored?

gif? png?

asking all that as i understand it to be an creature artwork

The images need to look good when scaled down to "creature sizes", You have creatures, so look :)

Format doesnt really matter as long as it doesnt distort the image. Jpeg/PNG will be fine.

It should be black and white. No colour. If it is accepted then it will be coloured by one of the MD team, possibly Mur.

I was planning to make one

its the size and format an creature picture is use in MD (maybe you did know that ?)

so an entry need to look good in that form

I was sharing that info with others (selfish of me isnt it?)

See you next cristmass, ill be there to see if confuse Santa will be there for me

dear Tom,

as far as I know there are no size limitations at this stage of the quest. I am sure size of your Santa can be adjusted later if it is needed. Ofc you don't need to draw something the size of the car as well as not a tiny little image, so in general it is to be dictated by a common sense. Don't think about pixels and stuff just give freedom to your imagination and draw a nice Santa.

If you are planning to participate in the quest - just do it.

No need to wait till next Christmas.

As far as I understand, all that Tom is saying is that after somebody makes his drawing he can scale it down to that size in order to see if it will still look good after it is resized. He pointed out that size because it is the one he says is used by MD for creature images. If I was to draw 5 meter tall santa I would sure as hell want to know how it would look like when shrinked down to normal size used by MD. I wouldn't want my Santa to become thin and tall suddenly after resize.

• Root Admin

height="300" width="260" png, alpha transparency, 8-bit

No, Those are not the requirements. If you look at last years entires someone submitted a jpeg, not of that size, not alpha transparent and won.

I was planning to make one

its the size and format an creature picture is use in MD (maybe you did know that ?)

so an entry need to look good in that form

I was sharing that info with others (selfish of me isnt it?)

That info is wrong tom. Please dont share wrong information without asking if its correct.

I will repeat, As long as its an image, and when scaled down to the right size doesnt lose quality or distort terribly, then its fine.

• 1 month later...