The Piano

"All right then, if you'd quit your random whistling and help me out that would be better," he snaps. "Four more notes on each of these songs would do. I just need to get eight of them worked out, that would be enough for a recital...."

CEFGFEC. . . .
ADFED. . . .
DCCE. . . . 
DEFEF. . . .
DBCDG. . . .
BBCBB. . . .
CDEBC. . . .
EFEDC. . . .
GGGGGGGAGAB. . . .
DFEAACAD. . . .
BCDDGE. . . .
"At least 8 more to go," he mutters.

Input the tune you whistle, starting with one of the piano man's sequences and adding four notes. Use all caps and # for sharps (don't use flats): 

I've been trying to solve this quest for a few months now and I just can't seem to get a single one of them. I don't know anything about music, so I have no idea how to even go about solving this. Can someone either explain to me what all the notes are and what exactly a sharp is? Or even link me to somewhere that does explain this. I don't want to be given any of the answers. I just want to know how to go about solving this.

Edited by VertuHonagan

EDIT: "#" << this is the symbol for a sharp.

I don't know the puzzle, but I can give you an explanation on what a sharp is. Basically a piano has 12 notes: A, A#, B, C, C#, D, D#, E, F, F#, G and G#.

Most people see: A, B, C, D, E, F and G as the basic notes. When you add a sharp for example to an A, then you get an A#. You move it up one space on the 12 notes. Note that a B# is the same as a C.

A flat is basically the opposite of a sharp instead of going up you go down on the 12 notes. B flat is the same as a A# and C flat is the same as a B.

I hope that I have explained it good enough, if you have any questions just ask them.

Edited by rikstar

Alright, thank you very much for the explanation Rikstar. Now maybe I won't just be throwing in random letters and hoping I get something right. You can find this puzzle in the lands of the East in the Piano room if you would like to see it for yourself.