Mindpower skill bug.

Robin hood

When i first started the game i found myself choosing my 3 mind powers. i noticed i could continusly click on 2 of them without choosing a 3rd to gain more and more in that area, in a never ending cycle untill i choose my 3rd mind power, i noticed this just now when i advanced to MP4 i tried not to abuse it too much, but just did small general testing.

Im not sure if this is a bug, or just a massive loophole in were you can gain massive stats in your skills.

Darkness, light, balance etc etc.

When choosing mindpowers, as long as you dont choose a last / new mind power, you can continue to grow your old ones without end.. well i belive this to be true.

Bit confused on this one. :)

In my memory, you have to choose three.. once you pick one, that one disappears from the panel of choices, so you must pick a different one. This continues until you pick three, and from then on you can only pick one of the first three principles you chose in the beginning to boost. Maybe I'm wrong, or your case is unique.

So just to clarify, you picked two principles only and you were able to continue increasing them before you picked a third? And this was in the very beginning of the story, right?

If it was over a time span and several decisions in the story, it actually wouldn't be a loophole (or maybe it's normal) with a great advantage, because people normally increase the same principles (out of three).. the only difference would be that you only continuously picked only two to increase.

Bit confused on this one. :)

In my memory, you have to choose three.. once you pick one, that one disappears from the panel of choices, so you must pick a different one. This continues until you pick three, and from then on you can only pick one of the first three principles you chose in the beginning to boost. Maybe I'm wrong, or your case is unique.

I remember when I was doing it. I chose darkness first. The very next time I was given the option of choosing a principle, i saw that I could choose Darkness again, and it would me +4.9 instead of +1.9 as the others did.

From what I know, at each point in the story where you're offered principle bonus, if the number of different principles you know is still less than your MP level, you'll always be offered the choices of all 10 principles. I never tried not choosing the Nth principle though, so I don't know what would happen if you keep at it until the end of the story.

On an unrelated note, I just noticed that after meditating 24 hours, the principle bonus I get wasn't 1.9 times the normal rate as shown, but square that amount (3.61 times). This seems to happen in every part of the story, but the skills bonuses are given at 1.9 times the normal rate as they're supposed to be.

I am correct in what i said.. After i choose my first 2 mind powers when i started the game i was able to continue to increase them withot choosing a 3rd option, as someone mentioned sometimes it was for +2, evan +3, i could continue to do this in a big loop untill i choose a 3rd mind power.

As i advanced to MP4, i was able to do the same things, keep choosing a mindpower i already had to increase it, but i belived i might have been abusing a bug and stoped doing it.

If this is a bug, im sure alot of people know / have abused it.. if its a genunin loophole, well i just made a big spoiler.

I remember when I was doing it. I chose darkness first. The very next time I was given the option of choosing a principle, i saw that I could choose Darkness again, and it would me +4.9 instead of +1.9 as the others did.

That's pretty interesting, as I remember differently in terms of being able to pick the same principle for the first three times. But I do remember that some principles gave larger values than the other. What you're talking about could be a bug, but it could also not be; the bonus for different principles vary each turn in the story. I'm not sure what it depends on, but it's probably related to what choices you make in the story in part. I guess what I want to ask is, do the bonuses continue to increase in value if you pick the same ones, or do they fluctuate?

From what I know, at each point in the story where you're offered principle bonus, if the number of different principles you know is still less than your MP level, you'll always be offered the choices of all 10 principles. I never tried not choosing the Nth principle though, so I don't know what would happen if you keep at it until the end of the story.

I'm pretty sure that if you didn't pick the third principle, you would be able to pick two principles at the mp4. Same thing with only picking one: the player would be able to pick from different principles at any point in the story and in any mindpower level until the mindpower bar shows n/n, in which case the player has picked as many different principles as his mindpower capability.

I'm basing this on the response of Manu and some other people when my brother's account got moved to the next mindpower due to some requirement changing; in the end, he missed the chance to go through the story in mp4.

post-1556-1213725203_thumb.jpg

Manu and chewett said he would be able to pick two principles in mp5, and tyran confirmed it (apparently he was moved down a mp level in the middle of storymode or something).

Probably the only thing that would make this some sort of loophole or bug is if the principle reward when picking the same two each time is abnormally high. Otherwise, it's just like playing as any other player, with the exception that you decide to focus on two instead of three princples for a period of time.

That's pretty interesting, as I remember differently in terms of being able to pick the same principle for the first three times. But I do remember that some principles gave larger values than the other. What you're talking about could be a bug, but it could also not be; the bonus for different principles vary each turn in the story. I'm not sure what it depends on, but it's probably related to what choices you make in the story in part. I guess what I want to ask is, do the bonuses continue to increase in value if you pick the same ones, or do they fluctuate?

I'm trying it out again shortly. Give me a few min

Okay, I just tried it out again and at first I thought it definitely accumulated. I chose Dark when all were +1. I chose it again the next time and it was +2 but all the others were +1. The next time all were +1 and it was +3. After that it went back to +1 though, so I chose Transposition, but at the next choice the +2 was on Time. So, they fluctuate just as they should based on your decisions, but there is most definitely a loophole that lets you choose the same principle multiple times...however I'm not sure how long it lasts. what happens if you never choose a third principle right up to the end of the story?

I'm not sure why it'd be called a loophole :o I mean, normally even when you pick 3, you can pick the same one afterwards continuously.. right? Just that you have to pick out of the three. I thought I already said what would happen if you never picked a third principle in my previous post, too. :P

oh yeah... lol. and wow, now that you mention it...that's not a loophole at all. lol, that's just the exact same way the game will normally run off your principles.. okay, problem solved. good work glaistig :)

Ahh so if you continue to build one princaple, you can do the whole story and only have 1 mind power ? this seems like a bug really stuff.

Your suppose to choose 3 princapals ( cbfed on spelling ), its strange it lets you choose the same one over and over, and progress the story instantly

Ahh so if you continue to build one princaple, you can do the whole story and only have 1 mind power ? this seems like a bug really stuff.

Your suppose to choose 3 princapals ( cbfed on spelling ), its strange it lets you choose the same one over and over, and progress the story instantly

Where does it say you're supposed to choose three principles? o_o You don't have only 1 mindpower.. you have 3 in mp3, 4 in mp4, ect. The only thing that's different is that you've chosen only one principle and use up one mindpower, so it shows up as 1/n mindpower in the bar. I suppose the mindpower bar is supposed to show you how many different principles you can pick, and how many you already have.

I think it's your choice to decide whether or not you want to focus on one or a number of principles less than what you can, to the point of not ever learning any other principles. I don't know if it'd be beneficial in the game later on when magic is implemented.. personally, I think variety is good, but who knows? Also.. there is a cap for principles ;) Many can no longer build a principle they picked anymore because they already reached the max value through sacrificing.