The Drunken Corpse

I am Bored

Well, somehow, I've managed to fail to notice over the last 3-4 years, that my pub had been taken over. I am curious though as-to who the pub was purchased from? I also am interested in what methods were tried to contact me, because there definitely aren't any forum PMs about it. (It's rare for me to delete any forum PMs)

Well, somehow, I've managed to fail to notice over the last 3-4 years, that my pub had been taken over. I am curious though as-to who the pub was purchased from?

While perhaps you are entitled to some politeness if you're still around to notice, since you didn't notice when it happened, whoever did it (probably phantasm, since it's his idling scene) probably doesn't and shouldn't feel bad about changing it.

This is from the description:

The new title will remain forever untill someone else changes it and for at least 4 days.

Unfortunate, but I don't see that anything's been done wrong.

• Root Admin

Umm... Its encroachment. There are encroachment laws everywhere :3

Also "being a nice guy" rules that I will enforce because im not a nice guy.

There wasnt much done wrong here, since IaB has been gone for a while and no one really raised an issue. Its probably unfair no one contacted him, but he wasnt around too much so...

There have been instances where someone has changed a scene name to annoy someone else, which it got changed back from after that period of time by others.

Well, somehow, I've managed to fail to notice over the last 3-4 years, that my pub had been taken over. I am curious though as-to who the pub was purchased from? I also am interested in what methods were tried to contact me, because there definitely aren't any forum PMs about it. (It's rare for me to delete any forum PMs)

Indeed I did rename the pub. Ladytwin and Xcercses spent a large amount of time acting as bartenders there, attracting both outsiders and Easterners to it.  X did say in the forum post below that he was going to send you a mail about it.  If he did or not I am unsure.

It was discussed, dabated, asked around, and then decided.  We almost never see you IAB except at Christmas time to get your presents, or the occasional festival, so the term "purchased" simply meant that I used a WP (one of the few I had) to change the scene name.  We CTs have used it as bot a meeting place, and a gathering point for events we have held/will hold in the East.

Strange after so many years now that you decide to bring this topic up.  Are you seeking retribution for the name change?  Perhaps compensation?  I am unsure how this has affected you or the East in any way besides a positive impact that it held until X left the game and the AP to move to it became astronomical for the normal MDer.

Umm... Its encroachment. There are encroachment laws everywhere :3

Also "being a nice guy" rules that I will enforce because im not a nice guy.

There wasnt much done wrong here, since IaB has been gone for a while and no one really raised an issue. Its probably unfair no one contacted him, but he wasnt around too much so...

There have been instances where someone has changed a scene name to annoy someone else, which it got changed back from after that period of time by others.

Though I feel that in general, Chew has the same kind of idea about this thing as me (hopefully I understood his post correctly), may I please see where these "being a nice guy"/ "encroachment" rules are? Because last time I checked, people are still being butts (usually about trivial issues) and I don't see them spanked with said rules.

Phantasm spent a WP to change the location's name. It's perfectly conforming with the rules stated in that specific wish:

Change location subtitle
Allows you to change a subtitle on a given location. The new title will remain forever untill someone else changes it and for at least 4 days. With this you can mark locations to support your role, such as pubs, markets, themed gathering places, mark historic locations to remember an important event for all future players, organise group activities, support role play situations, etc. You are not allow to write playernames in this subtitle. Abusing this by writing ofences, advertising or similar will be penalised

The wish specifically states that someone else may change the location's subtitle.

Phantasm did not write a player's name in the subtitle.

Phantasm didn't write anything inherently offensive or directly advertising.

Where's the problem?

P.S. 

I may sound a bit aggressive, and I do apologize IAB. I agree with your idea that it's common courtesy to ask before slapping a subtitle on top of someone else's, BUT I'm rather intrigued by these "nice guy" rules that I have not yet heard of or seen in action.

P.P.S.

I'd like to review the grammar, spelling and punctuation of items in the wish shop, as I've noticed a few mistakes and I have a feeling they'll be there for a while. If interested/have time for this, please poke me, Chew.

Edited by Aeoshattr

• Root Admin

Though I feel that in general, Chew has the same kind of idea about this thing as me (hopefully I understood his post correctly), may I please see where these "being a nice guy"/ "encroachment" rules are? Because last time I checked, people are still being butts (usually about trivial issues) and I don't see them spanked with said rules.

Phantasm spent a WP to change the location's name. It's perfectly conforming with the rules stated in that specific wish:

Change location subtitle
Allows you to change a subtitle on a given location. The new title will remain forever untill someone else changes it and for at least 4 days. With this you can mark locations to support your role, such as pubs, markets, themed gathering places, mark historic locations to remember an important event for all future players, organise group activities, support role play situations, etc. You are not allow to write playernames in this subtitle. Abusing this by writing ofences, advertising or similar will be penalised

The wish specifically states that someone else may change the location's subtitle.

Phantasm did not write a player's name in the subtitle.

Phantasm didn't write anything inherently offensive or directly advertising.

Where's the problem?

No problem, I said there wasnt a problem but noted that in general "Dont be a jerk" is something that I think we should be further pushing in MD, and in the past there has been instances where people have been rude related to subtitles, and it has been reverted.

It wasnt great not to at least drop IaB a message, but he was inactive for a long time, so I dont really see an issue with the change.

As for "dont be a jerk" isnt in the rules, well I think it should and it probably will be added later. The rules, quite honestly, are still a mess, even with someone "cleaning" them up, they are still pretty aweful.

See: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Don%27t_be_a_jerk

Edited by Chewett
Added additional reading material