On this scroll your eyes would be

To find the word that gives the key.

There be rewards for who excelled!

Every fortnight be compelled!

In our heart a fire alight,

With your knowledge of the Night.

Translation:

[spoiler]

I will do my best to hold a series of three events every 2 weeks, with time and locations to be announced in this topic. For each such event, I will hold a brief talk on a certain aspect of the Night within MD, and then I will give a slightly "free" reign for praise to the Sky, Night and various celestial bodies.

There will be a theme word, which I will announce in this topic; feel free to create any sort of art starting from that word: story, poem, drawing, themed cupcake, song, etc. Post it here (so that I can save it and not miss it if it simply pops up in the chat) and then bring it to the procession to present to the other participants (in RP, obviously). I will take upvotes and downvotes into consideration, so please cast votes carefully.. The only rule is that you use the word given, preferably in a creative, interesting way, and keep it related to the Night (keeping its IRL or MD symbolism, I will accept both) . The type of art you use is irrelevant, as long as it can represent the word given and it can be presented to an audience clearly in a short amount of time.

Rewards will be announced for each event (depending on sponsors), however I will personally award the most impressive art display for each event with 1 hour of nightmode, when the winner will request it.

[/spoiler]

Rewards!:

[spoiler]

Participants will be awarded points for each event from the series, as well as a reward from me, as follows:

1. 1st place: 10 points + 1 hour Nightmode (activated upon request)
  2. 2nd place: 7 points
  3. 3rd place: 5 points
  4. all others: 2 points

The points from all events shall be summed up for each individual participant and at the end of the series, the winner is the one with the most points accumulated at the end, regardless of which / how many events they participated in (however it is obviously better to attend multiple events, to be able to score more points). The rewards for the series are as follows:

1. 1st place: Rustgold Drachorn 
  2. 2nd place: 1 common item (picked by me, from my inventory) + choice of locate or movelock stone
  3. 3rd place: remaining spellstone from 2nd place
  4. ALL participants will receive Silver Coins numerically equal to the amount of points scored at the end of the series.

Many thanks to the Treasure Keepers for the sponsorship. Questions and inquiries are welcome.

[/spoiler]

EDIT: Adjustment to a rule.

EDIT: REWARDS! :D

EDIT: mentioned I planned 3 events, since I missed it out.

Edited by Aeoshattr

Hear Ye, Hear Ye,

Come, forget about the Fates,

At the gloomy Howling Gates!

'Til the Nineteenth of September

Time you have to all remember.

How to make a work of art?

Forget not to show your heart!

The word be 'howl', make no mistake;

Let us see what you can make.

Edited by Aeoshattr

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... if these things are posted before the event... I think it would take away from what the event could be... If afterwards people then posted what they did or if someone else posted it if they are unable too for some reason... Then people could vote on that presentation or art.

And what time on September 11th?

Hmm... if these things are posted before the event... I think it would take away from what the event could be... If afterwards people then posted what they did or if someone else posted it if they are unable too for some reason... Then people could vote on that presentation or art.

And what time on September 11th?

That is another way it could work, but if I do it that way, I'm more afraid that the  number of people who produce something as a result of the procession will be rather small. I am awaiting confirmation for rewards from the TKs currently and will update the main post with them - another reason for which I would rather not change the way the event is held now.

As for the time, most likely starting somewhere between 21:30 - 22:00 ST. I'll announce in the mood panel.

I will put on a dance performance, if it is alright with you. But i will not post it here. I do not care if I get a reward and so on. Since i would not be following your rules. For me to post it here before a dance performance, goes against the point of a performance.Plus in my performances i have all the movements planned out but still tweak it during a performance. There have even been an occassion that i scrap a dance abd decide to improvise. But since this one is themed the chances of scrapping a performance is slim.

I do not wish to make things more difficult, its just that dance performances are an in game element and to post it here publicly would ruin the performance

It would appear I'm monumentally good at this lately. I am afraid I need to postpone this due to unforeseen health problems (which involve me not having access to the interwebs for a few days).

It will most likely happen next weekend. I'll let you lot know asap.

Thanks for not organising a witch-hunt on me yet.

Will the presentations of art, poems, and other performances... happen before or after you let people enter night mode? At least that is what I think you meant by, "...then I will give a slightly "free" reign for praise to the Sky, Night and various celestial bodies."

Nightmode will be a reward for the art displays, so it will happen after. To paraphrase what I mean there: After my introduction, the art displays will happen. I guess I was trying to get too elaborate in wording. 

Hear Ye, Hear Ye,

Join us at The Way of Cleansing,

For in fire we'll be bathing.

On the 4th of October,

Keep in mind you must be sober.

Be astute, the word is 'fire',

Listen to the ember choir;

Let it guide your artsy work

Cast away the shades that lurk!

Edited by Aeoshattr

• 1 month later...

Hear Ye, Hear Ye,

On the 6th of November,

Room we've none for no pretender.

Gather at the Howling Gates,

Leave behind your every weights.

Chains will rattle, your key is night!

Be prepared for a spook or fright.

Undo your chains, rip them apart

With your choice of undying art.

[spoiler]

Second stage concluded, as first stage, with no entries. Only third stage remains, as mentioned above.

[/spoiler]

Edited by Aeoshattr

• 3 weeks later...