Masks of the Mist Booth

Assira the Black

This here will be a presentation of an idea, one that I will implement but would like some feedback on its structure. Mainly the point system.

The idea is that I will have set tasks that anyone can do and for each task there is a varying amount of points given. The points will be kept track of in the PL and a log will be continuous on the forums. But the forums will not be the starting point or origin of the tasks that will all happen in game: through chat, pms, or the Information Center Clickie.

Other peoples quests and tasks can overlap or branch off of this system, an idea similar to Aethon's task system for newer players, but will be available to all players. Even if a person has a quest or task that is based off this system to award points, they can participate in my tasks or other player quests to gain points.

The player can spend their points to obtain certain rewards. Such as coins, heat stones (to use in Aehon's quest if he would like, this would be an example of one area of overlap), rp items (I have plenty... for now), creatures (if I have them), small batches of resources (which means I will sell off certain larger batches of resources that I currently have)  certain spells casts or abilities of others (have one offer in this area but not willing to reveal at the moment), and anything else that can come to mind. 

If people or lands wish to have quests where players get points added to my system then talk with me and if they complete your quest then I will give them the points agreed upon.

Certain rp items will  be ranked above others and will only be available through the quest. Other items will only be available for purchase or trade. But buying or trading for those rp items would be at an increased rate than what it goes for in the market. This is so that I may gain other items or rewards for these tasks and quests.

From the Masks of the Mist Booth the following items will be given for free if I have them especially if it is for a quest or task:

Candy (If my Elu does not eat it first)

Alcohol (Though Grasan Ferment obtained by the creature will be excluded)

Tea

Cake

Pickles

I have a few quests and tasks in mind but I wish to hear peoples thoughts on a point system for the rewards that seem fair or tier system.

(May edit later to make more sense)

Edited by Assira the Black

A good barter and exchange system is always more commendable the better each transaction is understood.

With things being spelled out clearly beforehand in a sense of currency or labor can allow informed judgements be weighed upon with relative value.

(would I do it for a Klondike bar? No, but I might do it for two.)

Edited by Ars Alchemy

A good bartering system will be difficult, for the only set trend in the Market Central section of the forums is the conversion of silver to gold.

But a tier system for the rewards could be the following

(Pulling below numbers out of the air, nothing is set in stone and open to suggestions)

Free: Alcohol, Cake, Candy, Pickles, and Tea

Tier 1: 2 Silver, 15 common resources (common resources are herbs, water, wood, etc. Fenths and memory stones are a bit more uncommon.)

Tier 2: 15 uncommon resources, common rp items that can still be bought in the shop

Tier 3:  a common spell stone (heat, invisiblity...),default rp items (mechanical heart, empty box)

Tier 4: Uncommon spell stones (toad speak, lockin chaos),rp items that can not be bought in the shop and personal based items (autograph, bottled emotions, drop of blood, engraved ring)

Tier 5:  Uncommon creatures (imps, bloodpac... will be hard to control age... my current creatures are aged but as time goes on then my newer batch of creatures would not have a lot of age...)

Tier 6: 1 Rare spells or abilities casted for the person (for example: kill a person for them, revive, nightmode, Flameshadow used on them, etc)  and rare creatures (dracs, angeins, morphs, santas, nutcracker,...).

(will add more on quest and task ideas later, rl is calling)

Example of tasks (limited number of times that can be completed within a set time frame):

get a shipment of branches

obtain alcohol from the east

Participate in a tea ceremony

etc

Quests

can be purely clickie based but for this I want to encourage activity with other players. So I would like the clickies to support player based quests or to encourage cooperation between players who are on the same quest. (I have some ideas for this but I do not like spoiling stuff for everybody.)

Land/Mentor Tasks/Quests

It does not really fall under tasks or quests... but more of learning concepts or characteristics. Personal development that a Mentor or leader of a land/alliance guides others in. These could be write an essay format, travel one scene a day and write observation, helping to map the heat veins, researching topics/people, and etc.

Organizing

Creating quests, contests, series of tasks, puzzles, events... So yeah, I am trying to reward the quest makers/organizers as well. But they will most likely get scored on how much effort they put into it, how well it runs, and so on. An organizer who has people write essays and judges them, would not get as many points as an organizer who coded a quest or spent the time to create the storyline/puzzles for the quest. There will be a judging scale just like all quest takers, tasks, and so on.

Something I missed so far? Ideas, suggestions, and etc?

Btw I wanted to emphases that this is not a temporary Booth, I plan to have it run all year round to provide a source of quests, tasks, and etc for people to do.

For now all rewards for the quests will be from my personal inventory and the rewards I listed above are examples for types of reward brackets. I do not necessarily have those rewards. For example, I do not own a nutcracker and I am not sure if creatures will be the easiest thing to add to a reward system like this since it changes based on heat, age, tokens, id# etc...

A good bartering system will be difficult, for the only set trend in the Market Central section of the forums is the conversion of silver to gold.

But a tier system for the rewards could be the following

(Pulling below numbers out of the air, nothing is set in stone and open to suggestions)

Free: Alcohol, Cake, Candy, Pickles, and Tea

Tier 1: 2 Silver, 15 common resources (common resources are herbs, water, wood, etc. Fenths and memory stones are a bit more uncommon.)

Tier 2: 15 uncommon resources, common rp items that can still be bought in the shop

Tier 3:  a common spell stone (heat, invisiblity...),default rp items (mechanical heart, empty box)

Tier 4: Uncommon spell stones (toad speak, lockin chaos),rp items that can not be bought in the shop and personal based items (autograph, bottled emotions, drop of blood, engraved ring)

Tier 5:  Uncommon creatures (imps, bloodpac... will be hard to control age... my current creatures are aged but as time goes on then my newer batch of creatures would not have a lot of age...)

Tier 6: 1 Rare spells or abilities casted for the person (for example: kill a person for them, revive, nightmode, Flameshadow used on them, etc)  and rare creatures (dracs, angeins, morphs, santas, nutcracker,...).

(will add more on quest and task ideas later, rl is calling)

Tier 1: Point range 5-10

Tier 2:Point range 15 -20

Tier 3:Point range 25 - 30

Tier 4:Point range 50

Tier 5:Point range 100

Tier 6:Point range 500

Example of tasks (limited number of times that can be completed within a set time frame):

get a shipment of branches

obtain alcohol from the east

Participate in a tea ceremony

etc

Quests

can be purely clickie based but for this I want to encourage activity with other players. So I would like the clickies to support player based quests or to encourage cooperation between players who are on the same quest. (I have some ideas for this but I do not like spoiling stuff for everybody.)

Land/Mentor Tasks/Quests

It does not really fall under tasks or quests... but more of learning concepts or characteristics. Personal development that a Mentor or leader of a land/alliance guides others in. These could be write an essay format, travel one scene a day and write observation, helping to map the heat veins, researching topics/people, and etc.

Organizing

Creating quests, contests, series of tasks, puzzles, events... So yeah, I am trying to reward the quest makers/organizers as well. But they will most likely get scored on how much effort they put into it, how well it runs, and so on. An organizer who has people write essays and judges them, would not get as many points as an organizer who coded a quest or spent the time to create the storyline/puzzles for the quest. There will be a judging scale just like all quest takers, tasks, and so on.

Something I missed so far? Ideas, suggestions, and etc?

Small tasks could reward 2-3 points each

Completing a quest could be 5-10 points

Creating a quest could range 2 - 15 points depending on complexity

creating a series of tasks 1 to 5 points depending on level of task makers involvement with players that take up the tasks.

Does the point system sound fair? What are some suggested changes?

Edited by Assira the Black

There will be an annual review to make changes to the point system to account for market changes and participation.

Task system will reset every three months meaning that people will be able to do tasks that they did previously. Should each task be limited to 2 or 3?

In peoples opinions for Tiers 4-6 what should be the range?

If I get no feedback then I will determine things to the best of my ability and will not listen to complaints later that just say, "This is unfair." Now if someone give constructive complaints, feedback, and suggestions a long with "This is unfair because..." I will listen. :P

Now should people get a few points for judging on quests?

MotM Booth: Rules, Rewards, Quest log, and etc are on my Hate pate (sorry don't have a quest page) and available through my profile http://magicduel.com/players/Assira_the_Black

Imo the one in game looks better and I am still altering the formatting to make it more appealing.

Again any suggestions, comments, etc. is always welcome. 

• 1 month later...