School of religion

Hate to rain on everyone's parade here....but I know from his own mouth that Manu doesn't want religion of the real world anywhere near MagicDuel. I get the impression he'd rather set the server on fire....So...I think I'm within boundaries when I say there won't be a School of Religion..

[quote name='Ren' post='19684' date='Nov 10 2008, 07:31 AM']Hate to rain on everyone's parade here....but I know from his own mouth that Manu doesn't want religion of the real world anywhere near MagicDuel. I get the impression he'd rather set the server on fire....So...I think I'm within boundaries when I say there won't be a School of Religion..[/quote]

Yes, I would have thought that it would give the possibility of a lot of 'friction' arising - not good for the atmosphere of the game

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone kept saying it wasn't a topic for debate but then had to put there thought in.
Obviously you all want to spread your opinionated thoughts while continuing to look responsible and on-topic.
Good Job.
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

While I may debate on many topics that of religion is somthing I never cross. The beliefs of man are a creation of us all; whether true or not. We must never question each other on the foundation of our world(s).

There is [b]no plan[/b] for a school of religion in the university. It just will not be. Mur does not want religion ripping MD apart and as this thread demonstrates it has that potential. For all intents and purposes, this discussion is ended.

There may be classes describing spiritual and religious beliefs. The point being to convey information and broaden the student's perspectives. The validity of such beliefs is not open for discussion in this university as there are no definitive answers and the university is not a debating club.

Calyx of Isis, University Chancellor