Accept or refuse attacks.

Ron Noesis

I request the ability to block or refuse attacks, by adding a button to accept or refuse attacks. I think if this is a reality the need for dojos will be resolved and game play will be improved. Players then will not group at; The Marble Dal Park, Winds Sanctuary, and Willow's Shop.

Also if Thar where more non-players like the Swords-man players mite start to adventurer more.

i'll be very forward, i don't like this idea, but if it were to be implemented i would like to see it geared in a different manner.

I would like to see this type of system implemented in a very different manner, and make it only available at dojos and sanctuaries, so that those who roleplay in a sanctuary dont need to leave in order to get a fight that is mutually agreed upon, and to do away with dojo offenders entirely.

Just a thought.

~Cryxus~

[quote name='cryxus' post='23977' date='Jan 19 2009, 02:15 PM']i'll be very forward, i don't like this idea, but if it were to be implemented i would like to see it geared in a different manner.

I would like to see this type of system implemented in a very different manner, and make it only available at dojos and sanctuaries, so that those who roleplay in a sanctuary dont need to leave in order to get a fight that is mutually agreed upon, and to do away with dojo offenders entirely.

Just a thought.

~Cryxus~[/quote]
I don't exactly under stand your point about dealing with dojo offenders but I basically agree. I should have elaborated more. I think the best places for this are ware the alliance info is such as in Winds Sanctuary.

I agree with cryxus, the way things are now, are fine for me. To get a button that wants you to agree to a fight or not, defeats the purpose of fighting itself, to fight can sometimes be, to surprise someone. If one had the option to decline the entire time, one could continuously recreate strong rituals, refuse fights with stronger people during heads as well as removing the option of aggressive statfarming players. Being idle would also pose a problem.
The idea of this implemented in dojo/sanc is a better idea though. But out there in the wild, it is as it should be, wild, brutal, unexpected, more life-like.

Also, could a mod put this in the new ideas section? Thanks.

I hate the idea of being able to refuse fights. It makes things cumbersome.

However, I would like the ability to turn on and off sanctuaries for myself. As in, allow people to attack me in them. That would be nice.

Awi

Interesting idea, but I'm not sure if you have been here for the last few weeks, but the amount of stress on the server has been tremendous, now consider how this new mechanic would effect the server especially with all the idle people or ignoring the requested rather than accepting or not.. Not nearly a full explanation for why this won't be implemented anytime soon, but it gets the point across..

Also imagine what a nightmare heads would be once someone figures out how to bug that?

I'm not sure how this is supposed to actually improve game play.. Like real life you should be able to be attacked everywhere, like MB said, and especially if your mp5 (if you don't like fighting don't become mp5) , and if you need to use a sanctuary to heal, then perhaps the dojo should be teaching people that, as it offers what you seek only in a realistic sense.
My point is I strongly disagree with the implementation of such a thing with the way MD currently is even for the dojo's. Because the Dojo is a purely social movement with no mechanics at its base, as such it should remain that way, there are so many more ways to deal with dojo offenders which are usually just a new player, an alt for that purpose or merely a communication problem. As for attacking in sanctuaries, if you want to fight leave the sanctuary, as with such an ability in place it would allow for outrageous stat farming with little to no way of stopping it.

In short, bad idea.. In every aspect..

(there's more to add but I'm sure our friendly neighborhood bug testers can drive the point home without me.. )

It's unrealistic! Isn't this a roleplaying game?! In the MD world, things are not so convenient as to be able to block any opponent you wish from attacking you. That'd be.. horrible! Travesty!

Person: Oh, yeah, this guy.. I don't want to fight him! But he is going to attack me!

Person: ..Oh! No matter, I can refuse him!

Guy: Oh no! The person doesn't want to fight me! I can't attack him!

...?!?! THE HECK IS THAT? IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!

this idea is one big NO NO NO, reasons told in posts above, about part with dojos and sancts, i dont think it will be done, dojos are meant to be more social area where its about players to make things work, not for mechanics to do that, as for sancts it wont be done, becoz of this, well i can team up with one more guy or more and be at sanct, we would train in there all the time, others wont be able to attack us and we would be able to gain xp and wins without problem, that would make dojos disappear, becoz of this security from others that will be unable to attack you, so sanct and dojo will became one, and also did you guys realized that 25-50% players you see at willows are actually jumping in and out from dojo all the time, eh imagine willows with 50% less players, this thing will make mp5s not to fight at all, while mp3s and mp4s would fight just to get to mp5 and then nothing, i know this is role playing game, but very big amount of players in here dont care for it, they are in here for fighting, and if this thing gets implemented md would lose good amount of players

so this idea wont work, also i think that this was already suggest if i am not mistaken, well anyway, closed