Trees - A Public Service Announcement

I am going to try to keep this as spoiler free as possible.

I wonder more often why it is people have multiple trees and only set up 1. And why they set up trees at 0%.

I am going to attmept to explain to you how trees are beneficial to not only you but to others as well.

Q Why even bother putting up 6 trees...or even 1 for that matter?

Trees do not die. Set up 3 or 4 tree rituals with the new function Mur added in the ritual setup interface. Even if slaughtered the trees stay alive. It is a simple way to save the main force of your army for attacking.

Q Why wouldn't i set up a defense instead of weak trees?

I figure most people attack to win. What fun is attacking to lose. Why not accomodate them. Trees can rarely ever win a battle by themselves. Plus if you never lose, your honor would become so low you would not be able to gain stats and improve your creatures. Losses are a good thing.....a great thing in my opinion.

Q: Why set up more than 1 tree?

Setting up a single tree is fine too. Desirable even in certain situations. But the main reason is that trees have magic about them that you will have to discover for yourself if you do not know. This magic affect grows stronger each tree you put in the ritual. You will notice even without personal influences that the trees come back to life healthier with each one you add to the ritual.

Q: Why use 100% of my VE instead of 0%?

You have a regen stat. It helps your creatures revive health after a battle even if slain. It will make your trees grow closer and closer to max VE even if slain!
But my precious VE you say? At this point in the game you shouldn't need VE unless you need to upgrade a creature. There are many ways to heal creatures without VE. If you do not know them PM me and I can help you.

Q: So why would i want to do this? It seems all the benefit is for the people killing me all day. What's in it for me?

The most beneficial side of using this defense is it makes you a more desirable target. People will lose honor to gain the stats they can gain from 6 trees that regen to max life every time. This will give you more losses than the average player. Why is this good?? Aside from never suffering from the cursed negative 500 honor, you will actually be able to get more xp than normal from fights!

Q: It still doesn't seem worth it. Trees are hard to train.

Trees can be easily upgraded! A ritual of 2 creatures weakening and damaging with 4 brand new trees would do wonders against idlers. Once you upgrade them to level 2 try checking out the Golden Globe Gazebo MR's training grounds. Your trees could easily get the wins they need there. And many people give away lots of XP. Make a ritual specifically for your trees to get XP and take advantage of those special situations.

Q: 6 Trees don't get killed as often. Its harder for people to kill them.

Isn't that good? That means you only have to unbind 20 broken rituals instead of 50? And the mightiest of trees can be taken down by a person with novice stats, if done right.

Q: Ok, so I am going to get some trees. How do i Use them properly.

Trees don't have that many options! Just do not set them on Regen unless asked. They can hurt a player so keep them on Martyr! Set as many rituals as you would like at 100%. If you have the Medusa Armor go ahead and equip it instead of the Sun God armor...it will be more beneficial to other players. Then go idle and enjoy all the losses! You will log back on with your whole army intact. (barring you didn't set enough rituals and it started setting random rituals for you) You will
have many more losses and less personal xp as well.

I will answer any PMs in game you might have about anything I have said here. I am not by any means telling you all this is the only way to approach the game. Just some things i do not believe many people know, but ought to. Any feedback is appreciated.

UP, i fully support everything you wrote, but you will also have to look at the point of mp5-freshmen...
they need their vit to win a fight, that's why they set a single tree 0%^^

also, there's only a few people with over 30 slots, and wasting 6 of them on trees is not an option if your inventory is full with 16... people will rather have a second combat set than a bunch of 'worthless' trees, and that's what they are as long as you are still strugling to win at all...
you won't need to lose xp as long as you have a hard time gaining them ;-)

[quote name='Burns' post='27182' date='Mar 15 2009, 03:44 AM']UP, i fully support everything you wrote, but you will also have to look at the point of mp5-freshmen...
they need their vit to win a fight, that's why they set a single tree 0%^^

also, there's only a few people with over 30 slots, and wasting 6 of them on trees is not an option if your inventory is full with 16... people will rather have a second combat set than a bunch of 'worthless' trees, and that's what they are as long as you are still strugling to win at all...
you won't need to lose xp as long as you have a hard time gaining them ;-)[/quote]

Seriously? VE has become more of a problem than a helping hand unless im upgrading and has been since i was mp4. If there are any of you mp5 out there seriously having problems keeping you creatures healthy enough to fight then you should PM me in game and I can more than likely assist you more than you could imagine.
There is really much more to be said about the trees than i posted. I said at the top i wanted it to be relatively spoiler free. I do understand about not having the extra slots. They dont necessarily need 6 of the trees....i just wanted to let it be known that more is better and some simple reasons why.

UP, i don't know how many alts you play, but on UP, you won HC, don't forget that ;-)

personally, i had huge troubles with my vit when i started mp5, and i considered myself a good fighter even back then...
The stats of a casual gamer were simply too little to compete with ANY other mp5 back then... and with (relatively) little attack, it's really hard to win on low vit -.-

getschi is going through that troubles right now, the moment he faces something else than a dummy-def [eg randoms], he needs all the vit he can get to get a win...