quest fund

Kafuuka

This idea is merely a combination of 2 recent announcements:
1. Credits need to flow more, by using 'funds'.
2. Those who aren't rpc's should be able to reward people for completing their quests.
+= Quest fund.

Rewards could easily be varied according to difficulty. If there's a small comity for rating, approving and rewarding the quests, it would also be less random. Equally difficult quests should be equally rewarded after all.

a fund? people are rewarded with credits for making quests? is your idea?

or that those who've made quests can give out credit rewards from this ''pot'' of money?

i'd say no to both due to explotation of the system

[quote name='Grido' post='27351' date='Mar 18 2009, 03:27 AM']a fund? people are rewarded with credits for making quests? is your idea?

or that those who've made quests can give out credit rewards from this ''pot'' of money?

i'd say no to both due to explotation of the system[/quote]

Not only that,but this would mess with md economy thus prejudicing the income to maintain the game on....

[quote name='Grido' post='27351' date='Mar 18 2009, 04:27 AM']a fund? people are rewarded with credits for making quests? is your idea?
or that those who've made quests can give out credit rewards from this ''pot'' of money?[/quote]
I meant the second one. To have your quest recognized, being able to give something to the ones who solve it and thus have more people try it, is already a nice reward for the creator. I'm aware that not every quest should have a credit reward, some are too easy, some are too hard. (eg. the one in my hate list right now is way to easy.)

[quote]i'd say no to both due to explotation of the system[/quote]

I don't see how this is exploitable. [b]No credits are created [/b]by it.
Maybe if people were to use alts, voting for free credit then donating them to the fund and using their main character to do quests for credit. But that would have an extremely low revenue:
In the time one person solves a quest, dozens of other people might solve it too, so you'd have to vote and donate a lot more than you could get in return. You should also actually solve the quest within the time limit (or worse, competing to be among the first who solve it), while excessively clicking vote links and changing your ip (i assume those sites do check your ip, if not they're being noobish). I'd like to think people are not crazy enough to do that kind of thing. And even if they were, It shouldn't be too hard for the comity to outsmart them.

[color="#4169E1"]Small remark here: the sites are noobish ^_^
DST[/color]

totally NO, don't you see what happened to HC when money started being involved?
People will cheat, bribe, threaten and loath each other when quests start to be about money...

defintely NO, WP are already one step too far in that direction imo...

why are the people solving the quests putting money into the fund which they're getting rewarded with? that's how i read what you just said anyway

i for one have about 5 alts (more/less i dont know exactly) if i used each of those alts to answer the quest correctly then i would have min $5 which is i believe transferable again, though i might have misread something

but there isn't going to be currency in MD Manu is very against it