Harion

i set up rituals and when all creatures in that ritual die, it gets lost
then i create another one, rinse and repeat

it seems to me there's no point in creating rituals aside from
healing and defensive rituals
so when i got tired of creating and remaking my rituals whenever they are lost
i just decided to keep using random ritual
anyway, i win most of the time no matter which creature gets used
only lose when the random ritual uses all weak creatures or those with low vitality

but then i started reading here in the forums
(didn't register before as i didn't want to be spoiled)
only registered when i realized i was nearing breaking mp4
and thinking it might be wiser to find out if im making a mistake
with what i'm doing which might be hard to reverse later on

so, i read that rituals can acquire combos and max was 100
and i asked, so what? do unbroken combos make the ritual stronger?
if so, then i'll start kicking myself now

because i just lost a chance to get a ritual combo that could've reached 100 easily
i reached 100 wins easy with my loss somewhere around 40
and the only reason i stayed at mp3 longer was needing more XP
coz i stoppped acquiring xp when my win/loss ratio got so lopsided
i could've kept winning but realized i needed to farm losses
even though i notice i am still gaining XP even when it says 0%
i just need to balance my profile so i could start gaining max XP when i resume story mode
--
another thing is there seems to be no way to prevent my progressing to mp4
i still don't want to go to mp4 until i've had a few more things tested
i was planning on levelling up all my creatures and sacrificing them all
and getting new ones and repeating said cycle until i have enough vitality to buy that damn egg
then i realize that if i step to mp4 with new creatures, i will get creamed with no way to recover
thankfully, i've only sacrificed one max levelled creature which was aramor assassin

also, i don't want to go to mp4 w/o getting inside loreroot, gg, and necrovion
i've read that there are some areas i won't be able to access once i get to mp4
--
lastly, from my understanding, utilizing heat and storing it can only be done at mp4
at least that's what it says on the heat icon
just want to know if this is correct
--
pps. oh, and i forgot, can quests only be done by contacting RPCs in-game
or can they be contacted here in forums as well?
--
and how the hell do i start injecting/inserting myself in the MD world story?
i've been pretty much anti-social in-game
just going around and fighting
i see everyone role-playing stuff in chat
and i feel kinda stupid just butting in conversations
where everyone talks in a roleplay manner
with colored texts everywhere
(and for the record, i only know how to talk in blue and gray)
--

random thoughts:

seeing as this game is still in alpha or beta
i can only imagine what it'd be when or if it ever gets completed
it would more than ROCK, i'd say

this game is one step more closer to achieving what i truly want an RPG to be
once an AI gets made that can construct story mode in such a way
that an infinite number of possibilities and branches can be chosen
with a story that isn't written by a human author
but is created and collated simultaneously from the actions of all players in the game world

you will value rituals more in mp4 and certainly in mp5, as everyone has better stats than you, so you will lose really easily and quickly if you dont set up rituals to combat their attacks.

[quote]also, i don't want to go to mp4 w/o getting inside loreroot, gg, and necrovion
i've read that there are some areas i won't be able to access once i get to mp4[/quote]while possible, it's extremely hard to get into Lore at mp3, and getting into Golemus or Necro at mp3 is unlikely also, you will still be able to access these places at mp4 through the same methods you'd use to get into them at mp3.

[quote]lastly, from my understanding, utilizing heat and storing it can only be done at mp4
at least that's what it says on the heat icon
just want to know if this is correct[/quote]it's from mp4 onwards, so mp4/5/6/7

[quote]pps. oh, and i forgot, can quests only be done by contacting RPCs in-game
or can they be contacted here in forums as well?[/quote]it would be better to do it in-game, for instance i keep my forum account relatively seperate frommy in game one, as i dont stay in role on here, whereas i'm sort of in role most of the time in the realm itself

[quote]and how the hell do i start injecting/inserting myself in the MD world story?
i've been pretty much anti-social in-game
just going around and fighting[/quote] start a role for yourself, make your papers at some point, people might start talking to you more if they are interested in your role, your role can be just about anything you can imagine, lookaround at what there already is, but try to create something new and different

[quote]seeing as this game is still in alpha or beta
i can only imagine what it'd be when or if it ever gets completed
it would more than ROCK, i'd say[/quote] Perpetual Alpha :D

[quote name='Grido' post='29277' date='Apr 24 2009, 01:02 AM']you will value rituals more in mp4 and certainly in mp5, as everyone has better stats than you, so you will lose really easily and quickly if you dont set up rituals to combat their attacks.[/quote]
ok tnx. still it doesn't really answer my main question which is, do rituals get stronger as it gets more combos?

[quote name='Grido']while possible, it's extremely hard to get into Lore at mp3, and getting into Golemus or Necro at mp3 is unlikely also, you will still be able to access these places at mp4 through the same methods you'd use to get into them at mp3.[/quote]
yeah. i just started trying again to beat the lore root guards with the methods mentioned in one of the threads here. it isn't working. either only brute force works or the hint that simple things beats stronger creatures is just crap. i'll reserve judgment for later unitl i've tried out every variation of my theory.

[quote name='Grido']start a role for yourself, make your papers at some point, people might start talking to you more if they are interested in your role, your role can be just about anything you can imagine, look around at what there already is, but try to create something new and different[/quote]
where do i look around? and i don't understand what that means, make my papers. do you mean write something on my notebook or profile?

Rituals get more vitality in attack only when their combo count rises, depending on the situation this makes them stronger or weaker. And I can assure you there's a much easier way to beat the loreroot guards then a brute force attack.

And about those papers, you might want to pay a visit to the archives lobby to get your own, and look at those of others (the rectangles with a symbol in them when you click a players name link to a page of theirs, about their character or something else)

idk if this will be a spoiler so...

[spoiler]yeah, everyone's said there's a way aside from brute force, but heck, a single crit rit surely didn't work for me. the guards aren't all multi-attackers. there's one that hits single crits. i've thought that maybe what the hint meant was using an unupgrade creature, or hell, even just the egg still unhatched. haven't tried that theory yet though. but what's clear to me is that to win, i need to at least do damage to the guards. that, or last a certain number of rounds.[/spoiler]

yep, its pretty fun to play around with them :)
at mp4, i tried it with a level 1 joker first and actually managed to lose at 100% :D then i used a lone, newly bought aramor to finish the job.

on topic: thats NOT how you normally do it, [spoiler]you should try to exploit their greatest weakness, which, unless you use it against them, is one of their greatest strenghts[/spoiler]