Whirlwind Beasts

Small Gust

A gentle breeze in the wind that feels nice on a summer afternoon.

Stats
Vital Energy 10/10
Attack 1
Defence 5
Initiative 1

Target: All
Abilities: Heal

Small Gust II

The flowing breeze has chilled slightly and become a bit of a nuisance to umbrellas

Stats
Vital Energy 500/500
Attack 10
Defence 10
Initiative 3

Abilities: Damage

Strong Wind

Just short of becoming hurricane winds, the wind has formed a mind of it's own and can target specific creatures.

Stats
Vital Energy 1500/1500
Attack 30
Defence 15
Initiative 3

[Aura: ForcedPerch - Forces all flying creatures to land on the ground[Causes 50% extra damage]]

Strong Wind II

A ghostly human figure has appeared behind these frightening winds.

Stats
Vital Energy 2500/2500
Attack 75
Defence 15
Initiative 4

[Aura: ForcedPerch - Forces all flying creatures to land on the ground[Causes 50% extra damage]]

Wind Elemental

Swarming winds cover the Elementals opaque body. It's frightening apparel is nothing compared to it's fearsome powers

Stats
Vital Energy 4500/4500
Attack 95
Defence 15
Initiative 6

Abilities: Random

Edited by Fenrir Greycloth

Strong Wind II has too much def, and max has too much attack and def...

all damagers with such powers would need to be an RPC reward, and i don't think we should have even more insane creatures that are given out according to one players mood -.-

UNLESS random is a random not only between useful things like chaotic, weaken and damage, but also covers martyr, defend, and heal... [and of course no life-steal all...]

The third elemental has to much A&D? Are you kidding? A level 1 grasan has almost just as much...

Ahhh, ok. I made a mistake on the last levels stats. I mixed it up with the CA's age. It should be 95 attack.

Edit: As for the ability it is not like the Joker's ability, it is like Burns said a random power between Damage, weaken defence, and haotic. It is a good idea for Martyr, defend, and as for heal... I don't think so. How can the wind heal?

Edited by Fenrir Greycloth

[quote]How can the wind heal?[/quote]
[quote name='Fenrir Greycloth' post='29397' date='Apr 25 2009, 06:09 AM']Small Gust

A gentle breeze in the wind that feels nice on a summer afternoon.

Stats
Vital Energy 10/10
Attack 1
Defence 5
Initiative 1

Abilities: Heal[/quote]
like that :) (btw, formally you'd want a power stat for this level)

as for stats, i'd imagine the wind to have a high ini rather than a high def, but thats just me

the ForcedPerch would be mostly directed to future creatures, since right now the only flying creatures are wind drachorn and winderwild. no problem with that.

well, i think the uncertainty of chosing an ability randomly is far outweighted by its versatility if you'll always get "beneficial" (i.e. enemy harming) effects. there is a reason why you cant switch abilities in battle (or even chose an order like 1-3 round weaken, 4 -x damage)

i do like the idea of total randomness, so if you go this path, go it all the way ;)
target: random enemy or friendly (randomly chosen target category: single, multi, all)
ability: randomly chosen from all abilities.
taming the wind? not really: it may do what you hope for, but the wind is a fickle servant
(you could use odds like 75% for benefical ability if target self, 75% chance for harmful ability if target enemy)

[edit: added opinion on stats]

Edited by Nex

ok, now the attack is better ^^

but def is still too high imo... ´strong defenders right now have about 15-20, and those insane whirlwinds come with 70? :huh:

more init would fit, but the def is still too high, especially on max...

nope, power is stat on itself, and at least those things healing and stealing need one^^

and now the last whirlwind seems a nice little creature =)

now i'd even suggest randomizing the attack with only benefital attacks, like damage, chaotic, weaken or a weak life steal, now it's attack is within sane limits for an all =D

• 3 months later...