Tell me about BOB

adiomino

Bob is the name that people have given to the Tree that stands on the path of Lonliness. People protect him for lots of different reasons, for each person, it is different...but our protection of him binds us. Some of us more than others. He is magnificent in every way.

For Zleiphneir (my character) and for me, the reasons are long and complicated...and perhaps not even I understand myself....but I will quote my papers for you to make a start...its a long read....but you asked....

[center]When you enter the world, you usually at least have you mother, or doctors, or an adopted family. You have someone around, or it’s simple, you don’t survive. As an adult, you don’t have such luxuries as those.

Unlike in the usual way...when we are born into THIS realm, the realm of MagicDuel, we are older than a baby and have nobody. Not a soul. We know no one and we know nothing. We are feeble, knowledgeless and often blind. We are, for want of a better word, a blank canvas. Alone, and unprotected.

When I walked this realm I found someone else who was like that, surrounded, but still alone. Damaged, and never fixed. Offering, but never being accepted. That someone, was Bob.

My affinity for Bob grew with each passing day, from the moment I saw him I loved him. He was my brother, my reflection, in fact, he was everyone’s reflection, perhaps they just didn’t realise that. I felt connected to Bob, and I would often stay with him a while here and there to just...be there. Words are all very well, but I always found the best thing someone can do when you are alone is sit beside you, and say nothing.

Astonishingly it appeared there were people who disliked this Tree, people who, for some unknown reason meant to harm him, meant to destroy him. This enraged me. It boiled my blood to see the hatrid they had not only of something so fragile and beautiful, but of themselves.

Bob is a respresentation of the life force of the very realm we inhabit, our first steps and our root. He is a mirror for each and every one of us, smashing a mirror in this instance won’t only bring you seven years bad luck, it destroys the image of you that stood within it. The feeling of sorrow for doing such a thing will haunt you forever, you may not even realise what that feeling is or why you feel that way.

I will not allow Bob to be harmed and I will not allow others to harm themselves by harming him.

Heed my words well, Bob is and will always be Guarded, whether it be by me or the many others who stand at my side for his cause.

Zleiphneir[/center]

Wow. Bob is an unusual tree thats for sure :D I'll go hang out with bob sometime K? Don't want him to be lonely

Who named bob?

[color="purple"]Merged, please edit into your posts rather than making a new one - Grido[/color]

Bob is a friggin tree. No more, no less. Good for a cozy fire. Or a tasteful barbecue. I really hope that one day it will be struck by lightning, devoured by termites or chopped away by an angry Mur. Curse the day it bloomed! Curse the moment inspiration came and Mur made it bloom!

[quote name='adiomino' post='33125' date='Jun 10 2009, 12:31 AM']Who named bob?

[color="purple"]Merged, please edit into your posts rather than making a new one - Grido[/color][/quote]

Bob was named via a forum Poll, which you can still find if you seek it out. Although in honesty I credit Jonn with naming him Bob. Zleiphneir doesn't call him Bob though, he calls him Tree, but I call him Bob :D

Where would your bugs live if there were no Trees Dst :D

Z

• Root Admin

[quote name='(Zl-eye-f)-nea' post='33128' date='Jun 10 2009, 01:15 AM']Bob was named via a forum Poll, which you can still find if you seek it out. Although in honesty I credit Jonn with naming him Bob. Zleiphneir doesn't call him Bob though, he calls him Tree, but I call him Bob :D

Where would your bugs live if there were no Trees Dst :D

Z[/quote]

Perhaps your sentence should say Bob was NOT named via a forum poll

The poll actually came out that we should call him Sage.

[quote name='Chewett' post='33133' date='Jun 10 2009, 06:31 AM']Perhaps your sentence should say Bob was NOT named via a forum poll

The poll actually came out that we should call him Sage.[/quote]

heh heh heh.....ahem....ah yes...but when the "decision" was made (dubious ground this), Bob was the leader no? It is only subsequently that "Sage" pushed up over isn't it?...and I've heard all sorts of ridiculous things about Bob's name anyway....so I'm keeping it simple - forum Poll, and Jonn....or if we prefer, I'll just cite Jonn seeing as that's who named him Bob :D I prefer Jonn's story to the forum one anyway.

Z

Edited by (Zl-eye-f)-nea

• Root Admin

[quote name='(Zl-eye-f)-nea' post='33140' date='Jun 10 2009, 10:04 AM']heh heh heh.....ahem....ah yes...but when the "decision" was made (dubious ground this), Bob was the leader no? It is only subsequently that "Sage" pushed up over isn't it?...and I've heard all sorts of ridiculous things about Bob's name anyway....so I'm keeping it simple - forum Poll, and Jonn....or if we prefer, I'll just cite Jonn seeing as that's who named him Bob ^_^ I prefer Jonn's story to the forum one anyway.

Z[/quote]

Nah Sage was always in the lead. But Bob is an iconic name and the people who called him bob were the ones that stopped by him and talked with him. Most of the people who voted sage (me included) didnt really stop and use his name but just refered to him as Sage.

Basicly real people called him Bob and that is why he was called Bob

• Root Admin

Steve, Bob, Sage, Dave?!? . There were many names

IF you wish to see the poll it is here

[url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com//index.php?showtopic=1559"]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com//index.php?showtopic=1559[/url]

And also dst after looking at that poll i see you defended the tree from being called Bob

[quote name='Dst Date:Whenever']How can you dare giving such a "common" name to a magical tree?[/quote]

[quote name='Akasha' post='33200' date='Jun 11 2009, 06:27 AM']I know , back then was also a Steve name for him? Or that is another tree?[/quote]

Originally Steve and Bob were the two names that people called him "live in realm" as it were....some people still call him Steve on rare occassions ^^ but I stick by what I said...Jonn came up with calling him Bob, if you want to know why you'll have to ask Jonn when he's around :D

Z

• 2 weeks later...

To be perfectly honest...if I took note of all the things people plant there as Bob's "friend" (ignoring that they may actually kill him...*cough*...as goodly intended as there were all the same... )...then the area would be a more dense woodland than Loreroot!!!

The only one I personally acknowledge was one Garg Planted at Xmas...and that's because it was Xmas. The others, I always rip them up - Ask Sharazhad.

Z

[quote name='(Zl-eye-f)-nea' post='34303' date='Jun 22 2009, 03:22 AM']To be perfectly honest...if I took note of all the things people plant there as Bob's "friend" (ignoring that they may actually kill him...*cough*...as goodly intended as there were all the same... )...then the area would be a more dense woodland than Loreroot!!!

The only one I personally acknowledge was one Garg Planted at Xmas...and that's because it was Xmas. The others, I always rip them up - Ask Sharazhad.

Z[/quote]

*snaps fingers and then points away* THAT'S who planted it. I think Ledah was going to see if you could smoke it. X D