Moon Chalice Quest

Karak

[font="Trebuchet MS"]The Moon has long been served by the dedicated and devout. In this realm her place is largely forgotten and many newlings walk the realm without memory of her touching our realm.

A quest has been set forth for all knights of valour and honour to find that which has been hidden from the Sybil, the Goddess's earthly connection, the Moon Chalice. For the Sybil and her priestesses this chalice holds the key to greater communion with the Goddess.

A short while ago a small portion of wine passed my lips and the Goddess took her avenue to instill in me a vision that continues to haunt me to this day.

[indent][font="Arial Black"]There was a crescent moon, a bloodsoaked cloth, a dripping blade, an open grave and a stairway.
And a command burned into my soul: "Find the key my faithful servant."[/font]
[/indent]
I have spent countless hours in study and the time draws near for a gathering of those who seek either for personal glory or for faith to join together and set out to recover this lost relic.

As the time draws near look for messages or calls to arms that will signal the great gathering and blessing that will be required to ensure that those who seek the chalice have been blessed by the Goddess.[/font]

[size="5"][color="#FF0000"][font="Arial Black"][b]The Quest is now begun, please read the full listing to see what you must do to join the quest![/b][/font][/color][/size]

Edited by Karak

• 2 weeks later...

[font="Trebuchet MS"]The time of gathering draws near.

It has been decreed that all those who would take up this challenge must be blessed and marked so by the Sybil that the Goddess will know who to give aid in times of need, for she shall reward the faithful for their service.

A gathering of the worthy shall be called and a blessing laid upon them and details of what lies ahead given.

The grand blessing calling forth the Quest for the Moon Chalice is coming.[/font]

• 2 weeks later...

: Phantom Orchid builds a small fire next to the arch to incant a lunar ritual next to it
: Amoran smiles and picks up a jagged rock, placing the sharpest edge agains ther palm
: Amoran cuts a large gash into her palm and lets the blood drip off of her fingers
: Amoran circles Orchid, speaking soft words of protection before closing the circle
: Amoran traces a few runes onto the wooden arch in blood before wandering back to the Oak Fort

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Karak' date='23 August 2009 - 06:13 PM' timestamp='1251069230' post='40134']
[font="Trebuchet MS"]The time of gathering draws near.

It has been decreed that all those who would take up this challenge must be blessed and marked so by the Sybil that the Goddess will know who to give aid in times of need, for she shall reward the faithful for their service.

A gathering of the worthy shall be called and a blessing laid upon them and details of what lies ahead given.

The grand blessing calling forth the Quest for the Moon Chalice is coming.[/font]
[/quote]

Karak, I am new to the Knights of the Half Moon. I request my name to be added for this quest.

• Root Admin

They already had 50 ish people sign up and closed it ages ago. Do you think they will allow even more?

Anyways i dont know if this is even going to go ahead? it seems really long ago they said it would be "very soon"

[quote name='Chewett' date='12 September 2009 - 09:34 AM' timestamp='1252766082' post='41599']
They already had 50 ish people sign up and closed it ages ago. Do you think they will allow even more?

Anyways i dont know if this is even going to go ahead? it seems really long ago they said it would be "very soon"
[/quote]

Karak posted this topic August 14th. I do believe it is a new one. Let us wait and see what he has to say on it.

This is a new quest and is sponsored graciously by Tarquinus.

There will be a great gathering called to send off the questors on their journey to find that which is lost. [b]All who would undertake will need the blessings of the Sybil (Dark Mystic) or her priestess, Phantom Orchid, and need to be so marked in their public logs[/b]. This will be done at the calling of the quest.

An announcement of the gathering will be made soon!

Edited by Karak

• 4 weeks later...

Watch for the call from the Sybil or one of her Priestesses. I have done what I can to prepare the path, the Servants of the Moon will now call the worthy to gather for the great enterprise!

[size="5"][font="Arial Black"][b]The beginning is at hand![/b][/font][/size]

[size="3"][b][font="Century Gothic"][center]

Hear the wolf howl - follow the horn
Revere Her now, enter a path unworn
Seek how you may - offer your best
To me and observe, my ritual blessed

[/center][/font][/b][/size]
[center]
[img]http://www.newmoon.uk.com/ritual/moongoddess.jpg[/img][/center]

[font="Century Gothic"][size="3"]The calling was at 04:00 server time day 293 at Fenth's Press - the blessings (written in Player's Log) happened then. Those who missed it can find either myself or our Holy Sibyl (Dark Mystic) in person to receive a blessing[/font][/size]

Edited by Phantom Orchid

Phantom Orchid: *reaches into her robes and pulls out a sealed letter* Captain Karak has given this for me to read, it says as follows:
Phantom Orchid: I had begun research and found that a trail leads amongst various figures of the realm and that they are sworn to secrecy unless a particular word is spoken to them by the one fated to find the Chalice
Phantom Orchid: In a fit of the Goddess-knows-what I misplaced my initial notes in the archives and believe a current or former archivist may have scooped them up and held on to them for safe keeping.
Phantom Orchid: . I had labeled the notes: Moon Chalice and they should mention this to the holder to begin.
Phantom Orchid: Strength and honour, Karak

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

A momentous day, the Moon Chalice has been found by the young questor Pazur!

Please find your way to Tarquinus for the wish point reward.

Congratulations to all the questors, remember there are still 5 silver coins to be passed on those uncovering the resting place.

I must honour all those who have sought the Chalice over a long period of time. You are all worthy in your dedication and perseverance.

Praise to the Goddess!

• 1 month later...

The quest is now closed. My hearty thanks to all the questors and congratulations once again to Pazur.

I also wish to thank the veterans who supported the quest and made it possible:
Innocence
Aiiwya
Peace
Pamplemousse
dst
Lifeline
Grido
Tarquinus
Granos

Now you must await where the Goddess with guide me to see what comes next!

Edited by Karak