Help Revive The Willows Shop

Kyphis the Bard

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am putting the word out to help Revive Willows Shop as a place for serious fighting.

If you support the idea, show it by coming to Willows Shop in Marind's Bell and fighting.

While you are here, feel free to enjoy the hospitality of "The Bunnilicious & Fruitastic Lounge"

Information can be found on the signpost, or check back at this topic!

In response to a point raised by .Shadowseeker.:

I am aware that the Willows Shop training area used to be primarily used by MP5, however this doesn't mean other MP levels shouldn't come here to practice fighting as well. I also think that MP5's would be able to benefit from a training area devoted to experience fighting as a counter balance for the Golden Globe Gazebo, an area also used by all MP levels.

Ok, but besides the two already organised areas like the Sparing Grounds and the GGG, why do we need a third ?

Or is it a free rule area ... just go there and have fun batteling? If so ... yeah i gues so why not .... But i do have a feeling some time ago the Willow's fighting area just moved to the GoE ... so ... i gues it's the same thing ....

Free battling area? Are you kidding me? Sure, I would love one but be serious! That cannot happen due to the tokens. Players with tokens will always (or ok..98% of the time) win. That will be a slaughter house and soon everybody that is not strong enough will leave. Think about it.

[quote name='dst' date='27 September 2009 - 11:14 PM' timestamp='1254053665' post='42874']
Free battling area? Are you kidding me? Sure, I would love one but be serious! That cannot happen due to the tokens. Players with tokens will always (or ok..98% of the time) win. That will be a slaughter house and soon everybody that is not strong enough will leave. Think about it.
[/quote]
Fair point.

But how people deal with that is something they will need to consider themselves, and that is usually more of an issue for the higher MP Levels only.

[quote name='dst' date='27 September 2009 - 11:34 PM' timestamp='1254054864' post='42876']
Why higher levels? Mp3s and mp4s can get tokens. It may have a good start but I think soon it will degenerate. Why do you think GGG and SG have all those rules?
[/quote]

I'm more interested in getting it off the ground, as far as figuring out how to get it to work I'm leaving that up to people with more influence. Hence why the topic name is "Help". I'm asking for help in this.

And It's more of an issue at higher levels because people at higher levels are more likely to have been playing longer, and hence gained more credit to spend on tokens.

Edited by Kyphis the Bard

you're facing a big problem because there is no such thing as a fair fight anymore, at no mp-level, and never

since people started staying at mp3 én masse, there is a HUGE difference between older and newer people even at the very beginning

people generally have issues with losing their crits, and therefore bash on weaker players, and on mp3 and 4, you have not the slightest chance of surviing an attack of someone who is stronger than you, then there's the fact that you only have 16 slots, and bang, newbies are scared away from such battle fields.

specially when older players are out to kill, there is simply no point in trying to defeat them, because by the time you figured out how to kill them (if there is a loophole in their rits), the creatures you need to do it are dead, or you have at least taken 10-15 losses on your dummies, which is simply too much for a lot of people who rather stay unexperienced in combat than get too far off balance in the process of learning how to do real fights.

as much as i liked willows, it seems like a huge effort for naught to me...
once people have seen a rit once, they can set it again without training, so they basically know all the strategies after a few hours if they really try it, and wouldn't come back to do the same thing again and again...

I'm more hoping to create an area where people can train for experience, similar to how there is the GGG to train without experience.

The Sparring Grounds is an area that you can train for experience, but because you can only do it off of idlers who are after losses, the gains aren't that good.

I know that there are going to be big challenges to this, but I am hoping that with the attitude of fighters I have seen at the Sparring Grounds, this will get a positive reaction.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the place seems to be largely dead again, and so does the topic, so if there isn't any general increase in attention by the 20th of this month I request this thread be closed, as I will not be around and I don't like the idea of people spamming just to increase post count.

• 3 months later...

The willows show isn't all that far fetched of an idea because as most players know that where around during the first festival of MD's anniversary the willows shop was the area to train. Thats where all the players got collectively together and fought it out.
You can in fact see evidence of that in the first release of the newspaper when you look at big C's return article. It was after that that the GOE was the fighting area as everybody migrated and didn't move back. Then that was followed by the skill damage and the tokens which resulted in safe fighting zones with rules which we know as the DOJO and the GGG. If you want to revive willows shop you are actually going to have to set a date for everybody who wants to revive it to show up at once and then if everybody does it should be self sustaining because that will be the only place to fight where there are a large amount of profiles. You would have to do the reverse of what happened when it died.

[color="#0000FF"]If a thread is dead for several months is no use reviving it: it means everything which was worth saying has been said.
Us failing to close it doesn't mean we like zombie topics. Moreover if all you said was not new and has been discussed.
Topic closed.
Thank you for the understanding,
DST[/color]

Edited by dst