Quest: Soul Searching

Malaikat Maut

I've had a quest running in my Hate List for nearly a week now. Despite the reasonable amount or participants, I've decided to post an official announcement here. As the answer is rather subjective, I'd like to gather as many responses as possible before deciding the winners. Furthermore, I hadn't previously set a deadline, and would like to do so now.

Quest rules:

I ask you to simply answer the question: Quis ut Deus?

All responses must be submitted to me via in game PM by November 6th. Winners will be announced and rewards distributed Monday November 9th.

The answer that Peace and I judge to be the most deserving will be rewarded 1 Wishpoint. The two runners up will receive one slightly aged Angien, each with a Claw 1 token.

Please see my Hate List for other details, and keep in mind that I'm looking for well written and thoughtfully considered answers. These will preferably be RP based and delivered in character, but responses from you (the player) are also valid.

Answer wisely.

Edited by Malaikat Maut

[quote name='Herly' date='03 November 2009 - 01:14 PM' timestamp='1257272058' post='46525']
I apologise but where can I found you in MD?
[/quote]
What, I'm not in your friends list? :P

Minor oversight on my part...if you can not find me in game, I will accept a forum PM.

[quote name='Totenkopf' date='03 November 2009 - 02:10 PM' timestamp='1257275419' post='46532']
would we get bonus points for answering in Latin? :blink:
[/quote]
I'd like to be able to say yes, however, answers in Latin will be awarded no points...because I will not be able to read them :P

This quest is officially closed. All submissions will be reviewed and winners selected/announced on or before Monday the 9th.

Once again, thank you and good luck to all who participated, and please look forward to more quests from me in the future.

My apologies for the one day delay, but, after much deliberation, here are my quest results:

First place and winner of the Wishpoint reward is Lucius Tarquinus Superbus. Please find Peace in game for your reward.

The winners of my two angiens are Yoshi and Rhah de la Rey.

Congratulations!

My thanks to Malaikat Maut for running this quest, which forced me to think hard, research harder, and best of all, learn.

Captain X'hal - I suspect Malaikat Maut did not have a "correct" answer, for if he did, few (if any) would have had a chance at divining it. From my conversations with him, which are ongoing, I gather he is most interested in the reasoning behind an answer: for he delights in the cycle of debate, almost in a Socratic sort of way. I have to congratulate him on not having set his mind and thereby prejudiced himself to a certain kind of answer. I feel assured he will be happy to engage you in dialogue on this subject or almost any other.

[quote name='cryxus' date='10 November 2009 - 12:57 PM' timestamp='1257875837' post='47151']
what was the answer you were looking for?
[/quote]
Tarquinus spoke well on my behalf as there were no inherently right or wrong answers. I was and remain much more interested in how or why you (or your character) would hold your individual pursuits in such high esteem. As stated in my first forum post, and alluded to in the quest details on my hate page, such beliefs are relative and subjective.

For instance, my (Malaikat's) answer is simply that some mortals may consider the Angel of Death to be like God, but I myself once answered to an even higher power. In addition, I envy and therefore worship the fact that the future is obscured from mortals. The unknown grants peace and purpose, while, as Death, my eternal condemnation has been prophesied. As my status currently claims, there is beauty in mortality. Thus, my background offers me a unique and varied perspective on the question, and I was hoping that some of you may do some similar soul searching in order to truly define for yourselves, "who is like god".

Well, so may it be, but I had a rather simple answer for myself, so I didn't even attempt to answer this to you.

Only a/the God himself knows who is like him/herself, so unless you are God you cannot say it. You may claim someone shows certain aspects, but in the end only a true God would know. But it's a matter of definition. Even though people claim following a god is a search for yourself, I believe otherwise, rather you yourself can choose a god as a symbol, but have to keep in mind you are the one who is choosing, not otherwise.

The concept of God is also a concept very suitable to rule over others, as it happened in the past.