Loreroot Fall Festival!

Mya Celestia

[size="5"][font="Palatino Linotype"]Hear ye! Hear ye! Come one, come all to the Loreroot Fall Festival![/size]

[size="4"][font="Palatino Linotype"]Starting day 333 (11/30) and running 7 days there will be a daily event announced outside the Defense Quarters (Coord: 1_-5x2_1).[/font] [/font][/size]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Bring your knator. Bring your bow.
Leave your grasan ‘cos he’s too slow.
Bring your pencil and your mind
You’ll never know just what you’ll find
Food and fun with a forest flare
Hurry and make sure you’re there![/font]

More information to come. :D

Contacts: Mya Celestia, Sharazhad, and Sparrhawk

• 2 weeks later...

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Loreroot's Fall Festival!!

The first event for the festival will be a deer hunt!

This will be a combination of RP and numarical calculations. The hunt starts at 0:00 day 333. Details will be posted outside the Defense Quarters. [/font]

[font="Palatino Linotype"][size="5"]Welcome to the Loreroot Fall Festival![/size]
Our kickoff event is a deer hunt. The rules for the hunt are as follows:

1. 1 deer limit per player
2. RP must be written in chat, copied to a pm and sent to Sparrhawk or Mya Celestia. We will be watching. Include the coordinates or screen name of your hunt location, too.
3. Deer may only be taken in Loreroot, backdoor, and 2 Alche's Alley screens
4. No deer may have over 14 points. A smaller rack with high quality RP could easily win.

Hunt ends 0:00 day 334. (edited)

All trophies and/or prizes will be awarded the final day of the festival.[/font]

Edited by Mya Celestia

[font="Palatino Linotype"]It's day 334 and the start of a new contest.

Today's contest: Cocktail Receipe!

1. Create a drink from things that may be grown or brewed in Loreroot.
2. Drink must be reproducible.
3. Description of the drink including any garnish added to it.

Contest ends 0:00 day 335!
Anyone can participate :D

Please send your entry to Gremlin or Sharazhad[/font]

[font="Palatino Linotype"][size="6"]Pimp My Knator!![/size]

Make your knator look awesome on Day 335!!

Using the tool found at http://the-cript.com/gotr/knator/knator.html Pimp your knator or you could try other computerized tools you have at your disposal. (no hand drawing)
Then send a link for your picture of your Pimped Knator to Sparrhawk or Princ Rhaegar.

Contest ends 0:00 Day 336!!

Early notice of Day 336's contest.
Loreroot fashion. Is there an artist in you somewhere or a fashion designer? Draw something that may be worn by someone in Loreroot. People to send to will be released on day 336.[/font]

Day three three six good old 336 hmm that time oh yes time for more contests!

as earlier announced Loreroot fashion. Is there an artist in you somewhere or a fashion designer? Draw something that may be worn by someone in Loreroot, Be creative not everything need be hand drawn you could chop and change somethings in paint why not :P your lovely judges for this will be *SageWoman* and Mya Celestia so send them your entries when your done! get them in before 0:00 server time day 337.

But today there is also a Bonus contest, A kind of scavenger hunt you could say hidden around the realm in clickables are items you could find in Loreroot and some well some are just plain strange items find them and get the biggest list and you win simple no? Just remember to think "Loreroot" :D

A few silvers for rewards, 1st will get 5, 2nd will get 3 and 3rd will get 2 (prizes may change in the event of ties and so forth)
Send your list to me or Mya get that one in before 12:00 server time day 338

now get going go compete :D

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Get out your mixer and get ready to bake! Day 337's contest is in honor of Loreroot's king. A muffin receipe contest!!

Here's the conditions:
1. Create a muffin receipe from some of the many wonderous things that grow in Loreroot.
2. Muffin receipe must actually work (Firsanthalas may want to try it).
3. Submit your receipe to Firsanthalas or Tarquinus.

You've only got 24 hours so get baking! :P[/font]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Get out your costumes and get ready to dance! Day 338 is a dance contest. So shake your fanny and raise your hands in the air!

Send your dances to Sparrhawk or Phantom Orchid. You've got until Day 339 to get them done.

Preview of Day 339:
An assortment of events will be happening this day including a story contest. Your story must include something from Loreroot or take place in Loreroot. No word requirement or anything too challenging.

There will be other events throughout Day 339.[/font]

[quote name='Mya Celestia' date='05 December 2009 - 08:12 AM' timestamp='1259964748' post='49154']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]Get out your costumes and get ready to dance! Day 338 is a dance contest. So shake your fanny and raise your hands in the air!

Send your dances to Sparrhawk or Phantom Orchid. You've got until Day 339 to get them done.

Preview of Day 339:
An assortment of events will be happening this day including a story contest. Your story must include something from Loreroot or take place in Loreroot. No word requirement or anything too challenging.

There will be other events throughout Day 339.[/font]
[/quote]
Not a 100% sure on your meaning, when is the deadline for dances?

I want to participate in this one, but it will come down to whether *Burns* has turned me human again or not >:|

[quote name='Sparrhawk' date='05 December 2009 - 07:38 PM' timestamp='1260005883' post='49206']
The deadline is 0:00 server time day 339 for the dance, send in a pm of the dance. The other parts were a pre warning so that people would have time to write a story.
[/quote]
Thanks, guess I wont have enough time to prepare then as it is 1am and I dont wake up until the deadline occurs.

Would have been good with a bit more advance notice o.O

[font="Palatino Linotype"][size="6"]Loreroot Fall Festival's Finale!![/size]

Be sure to be in Loreroot throughout the day for different events popping up, which include trivia, story telling, a "battle-friendly" CoE service, and other random events.

Awards will be given out at the very end for the winners of the contests through the week.

We of Loreroot hope you enjoyed the Festival and I would like to thank the judges and all who helped.[/font] edited for appearance.

Edited by Mya Celestia

I dont have a story, but i decided to write a poem instead :D

[center][u]Loreroot[/u]
Vast land of knowledge
wisdom and power
Shielded by guards
of vine, root and flower.
Full of raw life
wild energy surrounds us
The spirit within
is the spirit around us
Oh mother creator
some believe you to be
the one who can help us
The One Spirit Tree
But this forest is alive
and this forest is dead
and as the forests heart beats
ill think of this instead
Syntropy breeds entropy
and balance, life and death
these things are inevitable
and not just for mortals
Deep in your branches, nestled in roots
above in the treetops and under our boots
when we craft the wood to make our spears
in the heart of our enemys and the cause of our fear
in the seeds that we sow
in the arrow and bow
theres one thing that i ask of you, one thing you can show
All around us the secrets you hide
of how you work and how you provide
how we can all live in a seemingly perfect way
so that we learn and grow, be together and play[/center]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Winners of the Loreroot Contests:
RP Deer Hunt--
1.Amoran K. Kol
2.Assira the Black
3.Adam Icepheonix

Kudos to Nimrodel for her humerous attempt and Czez for trying to save the deer

Cocktail Receipe--
Czez

Pimp My Knator--
North Equilibrium

Loreroot Fashion--
Assira the Black

Muffin Receipe--
Nimrodel

Dance Contest--
Kyphis

Events at the Bonfire--
Trivia
1.Rhaegar
2.Grido
Story writing
Sagewoman

Thank you all for participating! I hope you enjoyed it. Winners who haven't received their prize yet, please see Mya Celestia.[/font]

This is the story I submitted. Forgive me for artistic license in portraying characters.

King Firsanthalas, leader of the Guardians of the Root, is standing with Tarquinus and Prince Rhaegar in the meadow. They talk quietly on strategy as members of the Guardians, the Savelfusers, and the Children of the Eclipse make preparations and ready for battle.

A shout goes up as Captain Sparrhawk arrives in the battlefield. “Sparrhawk! What is your report?” asks Firsanthalas. Bowing low, Sparrhawk answers. “My King, Ailith and the Sentinels are now entering past the Guards at the Gates!” Firsanthalas replied. “Very well. Bring it on.”

Another shout goes up as Darrybarry runs in from the Hidden Exit. “Hail Tarquinus!” he utters breathlessly. “Well met, darrybarry!” replies Tarquinus in a quiet tone. “What tidings do you bring?”

Darrybarry clentches his fist upon the hilt of his Sword tightly. “The MR’s are even now passing Alchamys Statue. And they are not alone, Lucius. I spotted Yrthilian walking with MRD.”

First glancing at Princ Rhaegar and then Firsanthalas, Lucius acknowledges the information and sends Darry to help the others prepare.

Looking disdainful, Princ Rhaegar looks back at Firsanthalas and Tarquinus. “This battle is not yet won or lost.” he said quietly. “With this first snow fall, the enemy has also not had time to prepare and train for this battle. We can only hope that the cold will take them down first, if not our warriors.”

Suddenly the battle field erupted with sound as the members of the Loreroot Alliance raised their voices as One. From the South, Ailith and the Sentinels had walked into the clearing. Jeers and trash talk erupted from both sides before subsiding.

From the Hidden Exit, the MR’s came into view and Loreroot and the Sentinels exchanged verbal confrontations with the MR Alliance members before King Yrthlilian raised his hand, momentarily quieting the Alliances.

“King Yrthilian. said Firsanthalas. I don’t recall you being invited to this little skirmish.” Yrthilian smiled without warmth. “I didn’t know I needed one to pay a you a visit, King Firsanthalas.” he replied. “You call the MR’s and the Sentinels but leave me out of a battle? That is just cold my friend.”

A female voice interrupts. “If you boys are finished posturing like peacocks, can we get on with this? My feet are getting cold and Sagewoman promised the victors get hot drinks back at the Root of the Matter Inn.”

As one, the men turn their attention to Ailith, leader of the Sentinels. Pleased that she had their attention, Ailith went continued. “Forgive me if I got this incorrectly. We are not to use spells, magic, creatures or weapons for this battle?”

Firsanthalas nods his head and then spits off to the side. The spit turns into an Ice Cube as it lands in the ankle deep snow. “Just how are we to fight? Fist de cuffs? How droll.” said Ailith dryly.

Prince Rhaegar, looking impatient, speaks up. “Woman, do you not see that we have to use what is at hand?” Use your Head!” Bending down, Ailith scoops up some snow. “Oh, do you mean this?” she said sweetly. Ailith throws the snow into Prince Rhaegars face.

With a roar, the field broke out into scuffles as members of the Loreroot Alliance, the Golem Alliance and the Sentinel Alliance start making and throwing snowballs.

“Battle Stations!” shouted Firsan as he ran through the snow to his Alliance. Tarquinus, using hand signals, indicates to his Knights and Priestess to uncover the readied surplus of snow weapons and pray that they landed where they were thrown. Not to be out done, Prince Rhaegar too had his Priests grabbing prearranged spots on the battle field.

The MR’s, though in foreign territory, were no slouches in making weapons spur of the moment and with guidance from King Yrthilian, snowballs were being thrown with accuracy. Several of the Savelfusers were getting targeted and much Cursing was heard echoing in the battle field.

Ailith and the Sentinels showed no quarter and it didn’t matter who got hit. Equal opportunity with the Guardians of the Root as targets or the priestesses of the Moon. At one point, Ailith herself was bombarded with snowballs from her own Warriors!

King Bull, once a Sentinel, took exception to that and came to Aliliths rescue while Caru became a human shield, sacrificing himself on behalf of his mother.

Clearly, the snowball fight had become a free for all. Watching from the path and out of harms way, Zleiphneir and King Lifeline watched the me lay with amusement.

“Pitiful.” said Lifeline with a gleam in his eye. “Bloody aweful if you ask me.” replied Zleiphneir. Suddenly Zleiphneir and King Lifeline found themselves flung into the battle by invisible hands. “No sitting on the sidelines you two!” said Mur del Mur with sadistic glee.

By now all the Alliance members were cold and feeling a bit out of sorts with much slipping and falling in the by now trampled battlefield at Wasps Totem. Clearly not taking any sides, Zleiphenir and Lifeline got their shots in as well as taking their lumps.

Feeling a Burst of ingenuity coming on, Zleiphneir jumped King Firsanthalas and held a snowball to his face and rubbed it in. When Firsan yowled his protest, the Alliances of Loreroot rallied to his side only to be held off by the MR’s and the Sentinels. Clearly, the battle had come to a stand still.

"I think, said a grinning Zleiphneir, that this battle is lost with the taking of the King. The battlefield became quiet as the Alliances Heads thought this over.

Finally, Ailith spoke up. “I think I can speak for Everyone when I say I can’t feel my feet nor the fingers of my hands. And he isn’t even in this battle.” Yrthilian helped Firsan up off the ground and clapped him on the shoulder.

“My friend, I believe she is right. I could use some warmth.” said Yrthilian. “Oh alright!” replied Firsanthalas. “My Kilt is stiff as a board and that isnt a good thing. I declare this battle a draw.” With much good natured complaints and booing, the battle field was left behind for the warm of the Root of the Matter Inn.

The End

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Amoran's Winning Deer Hunt:
[Outside the Oak Tower]
: Amoran K Kol pauses and raises her silver, color ringed eyes to the Tower, veering off of her path to the Oak Fort upon sensing the need for her bow.
: Amoran K Kol walks quietly up to the Tower and enters inside..

[Interior of the Oak Tower - 1st level]
: Amoran K Kol searches behind Nelya's desk for her bow and mutters something as it is nowhere to be found.
: Amoran K Kol manuevers her way out of the small space and heads up the stairs to the second level.

[Interior of the Oak Tower - 2nd level]
: Amoran K Kol brushes a lock of her hair back behind her elongated ear as she reaches the top step, scanning the dim room in search of her bow and quiver.
: Amoran K Kol spots the elegant recurve bow resting vertically against the chest, the quiver of arrows resting right beside it.
: Amoran K Kol pads across the room and picks up her quiver, fastening the strap around her chest so that the quiver sits diagonal on her back.
: Amoran K Kol picks up her bow and quickly makes her way back down the stairs, a light glow washing over her pale tattooed skin as she moves.

[Outside the Oak Tower]
(The deer rushes by, symbolized by Thistle passing Amoran.)
: Amoran K Kol drops to the stone pathway upon leaving the tower, kneeling as a large stag bounds out of the thicker wooded area and up the path.
: Amoran K Kol lets out a low rumbling growl as she watches it's back hooves bounce upward in it's stride- waiting until it is quite a ways up the path before darting into the trees.

[Outside the Defensive Quarters]
: Amoran K Kol emerges from the trees after ducking under branches and leaping over piles of brush in pursuit of the stag.
: Amoran K Kol walks in silence over to the path and kneels, following the majestic creature's tracks.
: Amoran K Kol places her bow in the strap of her quiver on her back and starts to crawl, observing the pattern of the hoof marks in the dirt- gauging the possible size of the deer, how powerful the creature is.
: Amoran K Kol stands suddenly and rushes up the path, pulling her bow free as she dives into the woods again.

[Hollow Den]
: Amoran K Kol ducks in and out of the trees to observe the creature's tracks.
: Amoran K Kol continues up the path, keeping close to the treeline while she follows.
Udgard: ammy?
: Amoran K Kol pauses and kneels in the grass next to the far line of trees, waiting as Udgard passes by.
: Amoran K Kol continues up the path once he has gone, glancing over to be sure the tracks of the stag are still visible in the road.

[Outside of Lore Manor]
: Amoran K Kol pauses as she makes her way along the tree line next to Lore Manor, noticing that the tracks seem to fade off of the path.
: Amoran K Kol frowns and sits next to the last hoofmark dug into the road by the creature..
: Amoran K Kol touches it, following the estimated path of the creature..
Amoran K Kol: Into the trees... certainly not.
: Amoran K Kol starts to stand and pauses, noticing movement past a thin wall of trees.
: Amoran K Kol walks quietly through the grass, remaining low to the ground..
: Amoran K Kol moves with the slow, slinking gait of a predator ready to spring.

[Raven's Peace]
: Amoran K Kol notices the stag peacefully having a drink of water and decides to simply wait, remaining mostly hidden by low branches and tall grass on the other side of the pond.
(The stag is symbolized by Thistle remaining in the scene)
: Amoran K Kol remains completely still, her eager silver eyes peering through the tall grass...watching. Waiting for the creature to move.
: Amoran K Kol narrows her eyes as the deer raises its head and looks back the way it came..
: Amoran K Kol gently sets her bow on the ground- removing her quiver and robes as the creature raises it's crowned head to the sky.
: Amoran K Kol stretches forward, remaining hidden, and calls her fur- wincing in pain as her bones start to pop and shift.
: Amoran K Kol digs her nails into the soil while fur flows from her back like water- covering her tattooed, almost deformed body.
: Amoran K Kol holds her breath as her body forms, a force, a pull molding her like clay.
: Amoran K Kol raises her large head as the last bone snaps in place, returning her attention to the creature just in time to see it prancing back the way it came.
: Amoran K Kol slinks through the grass, her pupils growing large as a low rumbling growl emanates from her chest.
: Amoran K Kol bounds out of the trees and intercepts the buck's path, letting out a hair raising feline roar that echos through the trees.
: Amoran K Kol hisses as the buck turns and starts to run in the opposite direction, digging her back paws into the grassy soil as she leaps forward and pursues the beast.
(The stag running is symbolized by Thistle moving on to the next screen.)

[Madman's Trial]
: Amoran K Kol leaps forward, seeing the frightened animal panic- blocking it's path as it turns toward the direction of mistle toe bridge.
: Amoran K Kol hisses and claws at the creature's front hooves, rearing back as the animal charges toward her with it's antlers forward.
: Amoran K Kol gets pushed back against a tree trunk, letting out a helpless mewl as her back is slammed against the tree.
: Amoran K Kol drops to the ground heaving for breath while the animal escapes in the direction of Wasps Totem.
: Amoran K Kol rests next to the tree for a long while, recovering from the animal's blow.
: Amoran K Kol flattens her ears and stands, letting out another chilling feline cry as she continues her hunt for the stag.
: Amoran K Kol leaps forward, seeing the frightened animal panic- blocking it's path as it turns toward the direction of mistle toe bridge.
: Amoran K Kol hisses and claws at the creature's front hooves, rearing back as the animal charges toward her with it's antlers forward.
: Amoran K Kol gets pushed back against a tree trunk, letting out a helpless mewl as her back is slammed against the tree.
: Amoran K Kol drops to the ground heaving for breath while the animal escapes in the direction of Wasps Totem.
: Amoran K Kol rests next to the tree for a long while, recovering from the animal's blow.
: Amoran K Kol flattens her ears and stands, letting out another chilling feline cry as she continues her hunt for the stag.

[Wasps Totem]
: Amoran K Kol bounds up the path next to the lake, barely able to make out the creature's hooves as it passes through the back entrance.

[Hidden Exit]
: Amoran K Kol slows and slinks through the grass, curling her tail downward- smelling for the stag.

[Alche's Alley 3_-2x-3_1]
: Amoran K Kol keeps low to the ground, slinking through the trees as she heads over the hill.

[Alche's Alley 3_-1x-3_1]
: Amoran K Kol remains ontop of the highest point of the hill, hidden by the trunks of several oak trees.
: Amoran K Kol peers at the deer for a moment and crouches, readying her feline body to spring forward.
: Amoran K Kol bursts out of the trees and down the hill at full speed, her 300lb body crashing into the buck with enormous force.
: Amoran K Kol digs her claws into the buck as it topples over and catches the stag by the neck- biting down with a crushing force while the animal struggles and thrashes about.
: Amoran K Kol holds the creature's neck firmly against the grass, letting out a low rumbling growl, the animal's thrashing limbs growing limp.
: Amoran K Kol bites through the animals' neck, her large head thrashing to the side- tearing the meat away.
: Amoran K Kol raises her head, glancing up the path once before biting down on the dead deer's antlers to drag it back in the direction she came.

[Alche's Alley 3_-2x-3_1]
: Amoran K Kol walks backwards, dragging the animal down the hill next to the path- staining the grass in it's blood as she moves.

[Hidden Exit]
: Amoran K Kol drops the deer and shifts her position, releasing her grasp on the antlers and biting into the back of the dead creature's neck for better leverage.
: Amoran K Kol walks backwards through the back entrance..

[Wasps Totem]
: Amoran K Kol grunts and drops the deer by the lake, shaking her head as the dead animal's blood starts to dry in her fur.
: Tarquinus walks over to Amoran and strokes her fur
: Tarquinus takes out a boning knife and begins to dress the deer carcass
: Amoran K Kol stretches out in the grass, resting and watching Lucas as he works at the carcass.
: Tarquinus washes the gore from his hands and fastens the cleaned, skinned carcass to a pole
Tarquinus: *scratches Amoran's ears* When you return to your elfin self, you can take it back to the Root of the Matter, love.
: Tarquinus kisses the top of Amoran's head
: Tarquinus cleans the knife and re-sheaths it
: Amoran K Kol stretches as he scratches her ears, purring loudly and nuzzling him as he kisses the top of her head.
: Amoran K Kol flops over onto her side in the grass and rolls around happily for a moment.
: Tarquinus sits by her, watching the lake as he pets her
: Tarquinus nods off as he sits
: Amoran K Kol rests her head on his thigh and relaxes for a time..

Deer: 10 points.[/font]

[quote name='Sparrhawk' date='07 December 2009 - 04:24 AM' timestamp='1260140064' post='49323']
The scavenger hunt was won by Clock master who shall recieve 5 silver
Handy pockets and tipu both tied for second and shall recieve 3 silver
each and there shant be a third place award, Congratulations,
you should have your silver already :D
[/quote]

Confirmed Received 3 silver thanks a lot. I really enjoyed this festival looking for more such contest in future. Thanks.

So yeah, I was unable to attend the closing day due to RL issues >.<

One of my plans was to open a souvenir shop for the last day of the festival, where I will make small Loreroot-related souvenirs to anyone who want one without the need of any MoC/coin payment (just the WP and the raw material). It's too late now for the on-the-spot souvenir shop, but should I open a delivery service for like a week or so?