Idea For Shouting

Jubaris

how about if shouting would somehow send chat lines also in the area surroundings?
perhaps that will mess up the game, if its spammed but then maybe a spell for special people (example: someone's roleplaying a strong forest spirit... someone attacks its forest, it can "whisper them" with that spell from far away, maybe even scare them), that allows you to speak in surroundings
or perhaps triggers in specific location, example oak tower, you have a trigger when you shout, its hearable infront of the tower (you yell through a window...)

I think this would bring in more element of realism... what do you think? :P

I dont think so, at least not with the spells.

For example Mur is using that new feature which i like, to announce something, he makes a post on every location in MD, you can do the same for this spell, but limit it to certain locations... (obviously I'm not a programmer, but I think it won't be hard. the question is which one should be used from this options i mentioned, if it will be used anyway?)

Difficulty of programming depends a lot on what you want. If you want a shout to be heard at every location that is 1 click away, except if there is a door between the scenes, then the code will be quite annoying to write. If you want to send a line of text to a single location, specified upon 'casting' that should be child's play.
For things in between, it depends a bit on the coordinate system. afaik That is the only way for the server to recognize which scenes belong together and it is a bit fuzzy for this purpose.

yeah, might be a bit difficult to sort out, because he'd first need to 'tell' the system what is next door to each scene, the co-ordinates next door, might not always be next door scene-wise, and in fact, rarely are on all 4 sides

yes, but to make it less-annoying for the coder, how about only specific "interesting" places, where you can shout from or cast a spell from on to location associated with?
examples: Oak Tower, sorcerer casting a lighting bolt (just a silly example :D) from the window (or roof of any other tower) on someone in front of the tower.
Roof of the Paper cabin, shouting at people in front of the paper cabin...?

of course low number of this places (that i can think of at this moment) don't make this feature appealing I guess, its not that its urgent or that it has need to be done in near future, I just found it interesting, so at one point, why not?

actually that would be easy to do.. since oak tower and front of it is same location, 1_-5x1_X are all oak tower locations, exterior is X=1 and X=2 or 3 are interiors, so it would be easy to do, but ya wont be able to shout from grassy roads towards wasps altar or in similar situations becoz middle of coords are different.. and then also since realm 7 got into game coordinate system isnt used anymore for new locations, like ya can see coords in tribunal 7_plains_1