My Quests

Metal Bunny

Is bunny hardcore in the.. uh.. quest-shizzle?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I sort of noticed that absolutely no one has solved a single quest of mine, for a very loooong time. Don't get me wrong, with the Interim quest, 5 people are extremely close. Though, I doubt this is the case with the woodman's quest.
Though I take certain pride in the fact that notoriously good questers *coughdstcough* go nutters at the thought of my quests, it doesn't do much good for my aging wp.
And since I find the ''yes or no, balloons'' on my profile inadequate, I have decided to make a poll here.

So.. yeah.. kindly put your opinions here as well, if you still have them.

Btw, to keep it in the general topic, kindly talk about the difficulty of quests in general. And what you think about them and what you believe the rewards should really be like.

Edited by Metal Bunny

Well, to be honest. They are indeed to hard. But the major lack for me are the riddles, We not only have to discover who you meant, but also finish some very hard riddles for those people. They don't actually give any explanation for the riddles they give (just 'black hat, what am I?) and we are supposed to solve it. well, I myself don't really have a great history in riddles and I don't know most sorts of them, so it gets very hard for me. also that my english isen't great, so I have a hard time job just to understand the true meaning of what you ask.

awh, and before I forget, It is to many:P I totally agree that wishpoints aren't to be earned easily, but you have more like 4 medium quests, which lead to 4 hard quest, which lead to another hard quest which leads to another quest. I totally like the idea, but it should be or less long, or less hard.

but for the rest, your quests are true quests, and you must have put a lot of tought in creating them, and making them logical and intresting, they are most of all very nice to try..., not that I ever get far but oke:P

Actually, and I don't intend to totally crush you or anything, but the ''black hat'' riddle is really easy. But that's an opinion and I understand what you are getting at.
Also, if you lost the poem, just pm me (for the Interim that is)

about woodman: i stopped bothering when i realized that i'll never understand the riddles of Zlei and Firs xD

in general: i like your riddles, yeah, i really do, but i don't bother doing any quests of yours because it's nothing but riddles, and one of them WILL fry my brains, so it's basically pointless to work on a riddle for days, there is no hope of getting something that's not a deadly riddle again...

i simply don't have the time and brain cells to work up your quests for 30-40 hours LOL

i don't think you should lower the level of your riddles in general, there are enough other, easier quests out there, but you shouldn't be offended when nobody comes around to solve your riddles, either... until, at one day, THE ONE comes to beat your riddles to pulp!

[quote name='Metal Bunny' date='29 December 2009 - 01:33 PM' timestamp='1262093611' post='51343']
Actually, and I don't intend to totally crush you or anything, but the ''black hat'' riddle is really easy. But that's an opinion and I understand what you are getting at.
Also, if you lost the poem, just pm me (for the Interim that is)
[/quote]

That might be, and I don't say it isen't. but I have no clue of what for answer it is you search for, and how to think. but that's mainly because of my lack of riddle history, but a smaal guide of different riddles should do the trick for me( I hope)

on Woodman's - I agree with two of the mentions of Z's black hat thing above. i must've tried 30 answers, from the most obvious to the most weird (from "hacker" to "unholy priest", through "white hat", "villain", "yes" and even "spy vs. spy" :D) and i gave up on the quest entirely - it was frustrating that there was no context, such as - does it relate to MD, life in general, pop-culture or whatever.

on the interim quest i think i managed 2 or 3 riddles quite easily, then got stuck on a brain-frying one like Burns was saying and gave up after two attempts.

so yeah, overall i'd say the difficulty is quite high for your quests as compared to the others i've tried.

Edited by Totenkopf

well Interim quest was doable until a certain point that got me ..i squeezed my brains and nothing came out again and again ...but probably the solution will strike me when i least expect ( probably after the quest will end )

Woodman's on the other hand : what's the point in having all the riddles in the first week (like i have)and then keep staring at that map ... and have no idea what to do the next??

So... yes you;re quests are pretty &^&^ hard...they are suposed to be hard ...but c'mon give something to chew on ...a hint or something..i've read and reread those instruction over and over again but still blank ...:D

So point this out for me why make a quest if nobody can solve it.....?*cries for help*

I haven't tried Woodman's one. But Interim is way too hard because of only one TINY thing:

The numbers of bad answers you can give.
Yes, The riddles are hard .... but there's nothing wrong with that. The only thing wrong is that you are "dead" after 4 answers. Since it's a quest of rewarding the first players to solve it .... it's already known that the better at solving the riddles will also get rewards. So then why not make the possible answers infinite?

Or provide a Hint section like Cutler ...and myself ( Note: that i did copy Cutler on the hint section with slight modifications.)

One thing I should do, make my instructions better and force people to read it twice, not just once.
Interim quest has 3 wrong answers per riddle, but you can retry again after a month. And it's an infinite amount of rewards, wp, because for now, no one has solved it yet. So the first to solve it, do not get an advantage. Actually, since I make new riddles on a fixed routine, the first and the best (since they cannot enter when they have earned 1 wp) will have no decisive advantage over the rest.

Basically, it's a matter of patience, because you do have infinite tries.
Seriously, it's in the papers. :)

Well I liked your quest which has a certain number of questions one has to answer to get a WP. In that quest selection was possible.

Up late its riddles all the way. The thing is i'm not a person who is really good in English or English Lit. so I usually let them go by. Nothing wrong with your quests its just something wrong with me. And I think most ppl who does not do you quest has the same problem with riddles.

I like logic, Math related stuff. Words, language, writing and especially riddles is not my forte.

I have up to now solved only 3 quests by garg, Alith and Burns. They did not have any language or related component.

Again nothing wrong with ya quests it to do with me and riddles ;)

BP