Massive Earthquake Strikes Chile

Kriskah Arcanu

Thanks to the internet I was able to contact my family. Phones and electricity hasnt completly stabish yet. Im am too nerves at the moments so Ill just leave you some
Pics:
http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Massive-earthquake-strikes-Chile/ss/events/wl/022710quakechile/im:/100227/481/652db3e3c1ca47d690c67d6a0b3f5ef0/#photoViewer=/100227/photos_wl_afp/feed9c74c500f6a3bc30c7a37db31324

Thank you for you kind words.

Luckily my family is fine, I just received good news. We haven’t located a few more friends in Concepción yet so we are hoping to hear from them soon.
Chile has experience earthquakes before, we have build our cities (except for the new and more fragile buildings) in order to prevent massive catastrophes like this one. Nevertheless this disaster leaves many cities with no terrestrial connections, no water, no electricity, and many homeless people,
We will have to deal the reconstruction soon, for now all efforts are set in the rescue of trapped people under the buildings, isolated with no water etc.

Edited by Kriskah Arcanu

I think i heard earlier today that there were something like 150 casualties, which sounds like a lot, but when you think about the area it affected, is quite fortunate, i hope you manage to get in contact safely with everyone you know there

Thank you

Lots of new aftershocks have shaken Chile lately, and its hard to summarice structural damage, many people are still trapped or isolated. Death rises to more then 800

Youtube has many new home made videos of this dissaster. I'll leave this link so you can have an idea how scary this earthquake sounded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-9pQ3zWWGc

The man is saying "Im here, calm down... Be careful with your feet (I asume it's because of the broken glasses on the floor).... Its stopping, its stoping, stay calm... Hurry and use the phone before the signal get lost... We are fine, we are ok" (It stroke at 3 am so it quite dark)

Edited by Kriskah Arcanu