Md's History Map

Kriskah Arcanu

MD History map

Since I join this community the history of MD realms has been revealed to me by pieces. I’m aware this subject is tricky and it has generated several conflicts in the past.
Nevertheless…

It is often said that history tells us who we are, so I believe it should be one of the first thing newcomers glimpse when they arrive.
The linear map from the Lord of the Rings (http://strangemaps.wordpress.com/?s=lord+of+the+rings) made me think about a way which we could make past (and present) more accessible and easy for newcomers to relate and get involved.

A multi-lines map of MD can be really interesting and could open the curiosity not only of new people but for veterans too. Each land, each event could have clicking options so people can go forward on personal inquiring and access to MD Archives or interact with veteran’s characters from each land.

I know most ideas die here but at least this is cool way to point some things which makes us wonder.

Saludations,

Ps. I haven’t been playing lately, too busy in RL. But an upcoming event will soon be announced. :P

Edited by Kriskah Arcanu

This is a very cool idea, but the obvious question is, "Who?"

When I wrote the book of Ancients, I felt like I was slogging through the mud at times wrestling with the question of "Who deserves to go into the Book?" In the end I made arbitrary judgments, but the more expansive the history you plan to include the more difficult that decision will be.

The other branch of the "who" question is who is going to draw this up? You have proposed the idea, but I read your post three times and did not see any reference to who was going to implement it, nor did I see any call for others to assist you.

Are you asking for help, or just throwing an idea out for someone to grab?

Awi

[quote name='awiiya' date='24 March 2010 - 06:56 PM' timestamp='1269478592' post='56869']
The other branch of the "who" question is who is going to draw this up? You have proposed the idea, but I read your post three times and did not see any reference to who was going to implement it, nor did I see any call for others to assist you.

Are you asking for help, or just throwing an idea out for someone to grab?

Awi
[/quote]

Well I haven't thought about it.
ok I am asking for help.

[b]Edit:[/b] The map is on, if you want to help please PM.
K

Edited by Kriskah Arcanu