Friend Location

Phantom Orchid

[quote name='Rujean' date='26 March 2010 - 01:53 PM' timestamp='1269636801' post='56939']
I post here because I consider there's no need for a new topic.

I was thinking that it will be nice if you can know where frinds and alliance members are located in the game(idle or not)like the name of location near theyr name. I mean not to be shawn like a dot on the map, just a small text with locations near theyr name.
What do you think about this?
[/quote]

I second the proposal for this new idea, with an addendum. Just as former RPC locations were visible - provided you had unlocked it from MDShop - I would like to see available a location viewer for fellow alliance members and/or friends (within reason, perhaps just a certain number). This shouldn't be hard, because this was already implemented when RPC's were around. Perhaps this could be a shop item also

• Root Admin

[quote name='Phantom Orchid' date='18 April 2010 - 06:16 AM' timestamp='1271567798' post='58113']
I second the proposal for this new idea, with an addendum. Just as former RPC locations were visible - provided you had unlocked it from MDShop - I would like to see available a location viewer for fellow alliance members and/or friends (within reason, perhaps just a certain number). This shouldn't be hard, because this was already implemented when RPC's were around. Perhaps this could be a shop item also
[/quote]

There is the locate spell. This suggestion has come up before and people have said that it would be useful to see all your friends and such. But it just makes the locate spell pointless. ALl i have to do is add X as my friend and i cant track him.

Surely also something like this should be special? if you were going to implement this, the locate spell would become utterly useless and since thats a WP item then something that can be bough outdates something that should be special and is earnt.

It also falls into the catagory of such things like "send pm to anyone" and such that mur has said he wont ever do. Can you locate someone just because you know them?

All in all, it goes against the "normal" workings of the game (impossible without magic) and makes a Wishpoint Item obselete. Seems like its not such a good suggestion afterall...