Curse

Atrumist

First, in the beginning I will like to salute all readers if this (and non-readers) , off course with the word hi, not with hello because reminds me of one song that is very painful for me. OK, so lets be serious.
*annoying smile*

I was thinking of new way how to make the fighting system more interesting, or maybe the right word more unpredictable. Why unpredictable and how? We all fight, we all use VE during the fight , afer that we regenerate and so and on. However, I had one new feature coming in my mind that can be in great benefit during the fights, but will bring consequences within.
That is curse, or anathema maybe.
We have tokens, which we can add on the creatures, but many people don't like them. I'm still abstemious about them. My way of implementing the curses is with using new slot just for them. They can be activated during the fight and can have different abilities. For example, not allowing a creature to regenerate more that it's half vitality capacity. And not just during the fight, that will long for a week or until is cured with something.

How we can get this curses is a thing that i don't considered yet. But it must be something hard reachable.
Now the more interesting part. Like anything else curses brings some cost. That cost come from their natural modus operandi. You like to use them, then face with the consequences. What consequences? Temporarily, unknown decomposition of your main VE. It will simple drop.

What is the point of this?
It will give more options to the players, they can have more unique style of playing, this will make fighting system even more unpredictable, will make this game even richer and in the end it won't make the fighting so isolated part from your character.
Off course there are much more things to be think of, but if there is a will for this and real base to get implemented then why not?

Please post your comments, short or long, good and bad, let me read what you think.

• 3 months later...