The Beginning To...a Quest?

phantasm

Day 248, Year 5

: Ailith kneels on the floor of the Temple and bows her head
: Ailith raises her head, stands and walks out
: phantasm walks in and looks around
: phantasm makes sure that IAB is quite asleep
: phantasm eyes flash back and forth from black to blue as he forcefully strips himself of his cloak
: phantasm all forms of magic fade and he stands as his true self
: phantasm slowly kneels down on the ground and places his hands to his face
: phantasm begins to speak in a strange tongue, making strange symbols on the ground with his hands
phantasm: it is the duty of us all, to lead upon this path
phantasm: may our hands be guided by the powers that be
phantasm: may our lungs breathe so that the words will be spoken
phantasm: our hearts grow weary and our minds grow dull
: phantasm makes more symbols on the ground, they seem to almost move in synchronization with his hands
phantasm: fire will burn, and water will quench....
: phantasm makes one more symbol and all of them begin to glow
phantasm: but darkness covers us all.......
: phantasm eyes fade to black and small black tears come out of the corner of his eyes
: phantasm blinks twice and the tears fall onto the symbols
: phantasm watches as the symbols turn to black and then fade underneath the ground
: phantasm leans down and kisses the ground with his dry cracked lips
: phantasm slowly reaches for his cloak, the cloak attaches itself back to him right as he passes out on the ground

Day 250, Year 5

Strange symbols begin to float around the temple. Strange screams are heard from the temple as Phantasm emerges. A silence then falls over the whole of the Tribunal, and the inhabitants seems to all notice something changing at the same time.

: phantasm listens to strange screams that seem to echo through the temple
phantasm: odd, I thought I heard something
: phantasm shrugs and walks out of the temple

He carries along his way and notices a young MP4 named Iks.

: phantasm nods to iks
phantasm: *notices that iks seems to be cleaning the doors to the temple* why thank you young MP4
phantasm: quite kind of you to help keep the place in shape, it is so hard to do so with us few Tribunal members

He walks along his way. Slightly confused but happy to see others help, Phantasm continues on his way. The strange symbols fade, and things appear to be normal......or are they?

(The Temple in the Tribunal seems to be different...perhaps those intrigued should see why and what?.....)

Hello O Dark and Accursed Leader of the Caretakers!

Remember you telling me NOT to go to the temple? Well, I went anyways. Met Sephirah just outside of it. Lovely person. Btw, I am now accused of stealing from the lands. I didn't and I resent being called a liar. Just thought I would tell you the straight of it. Sephirah never did say what I had in my hands, for they were empty when I visited the Tribunal city and empty when I jumped to Leader.

The Light in Your Darkest Hour

Sagewoman

Edited for better clarification of what city.

Can someone please tell me why my comment is negative marked? A curse upon you for doing so!

Edited by SageWoman

As time moves on Phantasm seems more agitated and quite out of sorts lately. Others have as well, though some not as severe....yet. Time moves and so do events. A Festival of Fun has been the merriment of the land. Ailith in all her glory brought people from all over to gather in the Tribunal to celebrate good days and times we live in.

So many strange things have come, so many sights not seen before are brewing......

Day 255, Year 5

(Inside the Temple
: phantasm finally breaks through the door and comes sliding in on his knees
I am Bored: hello phantom, why the desperation?
phantasm: *pounds his fists on the ground* Why has this happened
I am Bored: coming to help me clean up my 3.1 million line regestry file?
phantasm: People who help, and then people who steal.... *shakes his head*
I am Bored: steal?
phantasm: *notices Tarquinus and leaps to the side* strange monsters always nipping at my heals!!!....
: phantasm shakes his head, grabbing firmly to each side of his hood
I am Bored: he's been here...... now what seems to be the problem?
: phantasm begins to pull his hood down and all his magical aura fades
I am Bored: oooo.... Glowy!!!
: phantasm a strange look upon his face notices I am Bored for the first time
: phantasm symbols flash on the floor as he stands, and stares at I am Bored
I am Bored: so that's where those came from....
I am Bored: i wondered who made those
phantasm: Who are you? *waves his arms around as if looking in a mirror*
: phantasm a look of pure confusion comes over him, and then he looks away from IAB
I am Bored: i am me
I am Bored: and i haven't left here for the past month
phantasm: *drops back to his knees and babbles* why have they all come, at first they were only here, but now everywhere....
: phantasm traces a circle around one the ground with his finger, the symbols all forming inside it
I am Bored: i am only here.
I am Bored: if i was to be elsewhere I would have to leave here, which i haven't done
phantasm: *stares at the symbols, and then snaps his head to stare at IAB* what lies in the reflections of men....
: phantasm notices Amoran in the corner and about falls backwards
: phantasm looks from Amoran, to IAB, to Amoran repeatedly
: phantasm the symbols that lay on the floor vanish again
: phantasm pulls his hood back up, and places a hand on hilt under his cloak
phantasm: Some trickery, such a confusing place....where does it lead.....
: phantasm shakes his head again as if trying to fling something from his mind, and backs up to the door
: phantasm looks one more time at the chaotic scene and then bolts outside

(Outside the temple door)
: phantasm closes the door and leans against it breathing heavily
phantasm: Either my mind has abandoned me like my shadow has, or something is awry

• 1 month later...

Day 297 Year 5
(WARNING: REMARKS MADE HERE ARE PART OF THE QUEST NOT TO HAVE ANY INFLUENCE ON OTHER QUESTS OR RPS. PLEASE ONLY USE THIS AS HISTORY TO KEEP IN TIME WITH THE QUEST)

After being asked to leave the Tribunal, Phantasm strikes the Chain of Mercy into the ground outside the temple door. He once again draws the circle and the symbols again appear and fly off into the Tribunal lands. He cuffs himself to the Chain of Mercy and begins to reflect on days gone by. Friends and family of the lands spread across this great land.

He recollects his early days, struggling for a foothold and talking in long lengths with Zeiphenier. Running about like some mad man triyng to find a place to call his own. Finding friends like Kragel, Peace, Marvolo, Sagewoman, Windy, and many many more. Heroes and legends all in their own right.

He smiles as he remembers the first time he set foot on the grounds of the Tribunal and found at last a place to rest his weary feet. To travel no more and spend his days out with those who are left to call him friend. The lull of his own thoughts slowly fade him off to sleep, as Yoshi stands close by, watching the strange cloaked man shackled to the ground.

Edited by phantasm

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='phantasm' timestamp='1287976557' post='70910']
Day 297 Year 5
(WARNING: REMARKS MADE HERE ARE PART OF THE QUEST NOT TO HAVE ANY INFLUENCE ON OTHER QUESTS OR RPS. PLEASE ONLY USE THIS AS HISTORY TO KEEP IN TIME WITH THE QUEST)

After being asked to leave the Tribunal, Phantasm strikes the Chain of Mercy into the ground outside the temple door. He once again draws the circle and the symbols again appear and fly off into the Tribunal lands. He cuffs himself to the Chain of Mercy and begins to reflect on days gone by. Friends and family of the lands spread across this great land.

He recollects his early days, struggling for a foothold and talking in long lengths with Zeiphenier. Running about like some mad man triyng to find a place to call his own. Finding friends like Kragel, Peace, Marvolo, Sagewoman, Windy, and many many more. Heroes and legends all in their own right.

He smiles as he remembers the first time he set foot on the grounds of the Tribunal and found at last a place to rest his weary feet. To travel no more and spend his days out with those who are left to call him friend. The lull of his own thoughts slowly fade him off to sleep, as Yoshi stands close by, watching the strange cloaked man shackled to the ground.
[/quote]

I'm somebody now! I've been mentioned in an Archive! Yay me!

• 2 weeks later...

Recorded on day 334 Year 5,

The gate has once again opened. People come flooding in, in great anticipation of change. They see that there is non and leave the lands once more. As the dust from the footprints of people settle, once again the Tribunal lays under false pretense of calm. What lays beneath the surface?

The Knator Commander has not been seen for some time now, so Phantasm ventures forth out of the Lands of the East to see how things fare. He is greeted by many who have waited patiently to see what has become of the old man, cloaked in a strange black cloak, Master Chief of the Caretakers. After a short visit with old friends he returns to his homeland and settles down to keep a weary eye in the shadows for what is to come. When will it come? An aspect that not even KC himself seems certain of.

The symbols still creep and crawl inside and around the temple. Strange images still scar the vision of citizens of the Tribunal. Phantasm's shadow has not been seen in a long time now. Is it dead? Has it disintegrated from starvation of emotions.....or does it still feed on people emotions without them noticing? Have you ever felt not yourself, or that you should feel something but do not?

So many questions with so little answer......so far.........

Day 339 Year 5:

The Tribunal has once again become a place of difficulty to travel. The symbols at the temple seem to be more agitated then ever. Their existence still resides in and around the temple, but and energy seems to be building up in the air. A dark presence seems to be lingering as if trying to suppress the symbols. Phantasm seems unaware of the presence or the symbols increased energy. He continues to spend his time over the matters of the new King and the changing landscape. Pieces of the puzzle are scattered across many different documents now. Perhaps if the pieces were put together it would reveal the true relationship of the symbols? Perhaps a year has come and pass since the beginning of all of this, without even knowing it was the beginning.....

So is this truly a beginning to a quest, or is it more??