Function of honor.

Mavac

Balance. One your honor drops to -500 (commonly due to too much wins), you won't be able to gain exp/wins for your crits..

It is also sometimes used for quests. But very rarely..

Edited by Redd

• Root Admin

It was/is a method to try and keep people from winning too much or losing too much, so there is more balance. If you attack "weaker" (people with more losses than wins) you will lose honor. It trys to keep people attacking people of the same strength.

Whether it actually works like this is however another matter entirely

As cheweet says it is meant to force you to to balance. However if it works or not is debatable. yes it eventually will force you to attack stronger players. Though other matters make it almost obsolete as a viable system.

Just dont drop below zero honor and you will do fine.

• 1 month later...

I think what laphers is referring to is the chevron-like thingy. That one is just an indicator of active days (I don't personally see it as something that must be considered a spoiler, but mods are welcomed to remove it if you think otherwise..), which means you'll see difference as you log in everyday (at later levels changes happen every quite a bit longer though).
I assume you're referring to the titles written in text though, in which case when you get it is really not fixed, though if you have a good role, you'd have a fine chance of getting one on the next festival.

[quote name='Udgard' timestamp='1296755838' post='78419']
I think what laphers is referring to is the chevron-like thingy. That one is just an indicator of active days (I don't personally see it as something that must be considered a spoiler, but mods are welcomed to remove it if you think otherwise..), which means you'll see difference as you log in everyday (at later levels changes happen every quite a bit longer though).
I assume you're referring to the titles written in text though, in which case when you get it is really not fixed, though if you have a good role, you'd have a fine chance of getting one on the next festival.
[/quote]
He could be asking about the VE indicator bar as well.