Free credit link invalid

Unfortunately I don't pay enough attention to be able to tell you the title of the link, but the page I get has the following in the header:

"http://magicduel.com/ui/advertlinks/redir.php?r=ChV-XEs2YJN5wfKlmXKAoQ,,"

and comes up with a blank white screen that just says: "invalid link, retry0"

This has happened two days in a row, all the other links work fine for me. I will pay more attention next time and post the title if this doesnt get commented on/ resolved etc beforehand - and sorry in advance if this has already been looked at, I couldnt see a thread anywhere on it.

Z

I can confirm I got the same thing earlier this morning and will try to get the actual site (such as BBsite, or MMoprg Top 200, or TopVoteGames, etc) tomorrow.
I didn't think much of it because a few of the referral links are filtered at my work so I've made a list of which ones usually work and just click those most times.

Edited by Maebius

I checked all links one by one, they are working so that means my first theory is the cause:

When you click a voting link MagicDuel's Free Credits Page refreshes. If you continue clicking
and the page haven't refreshed or haven loaded completely, you will get those types of errors.
The solution is to wait for the page to refresh and/or load completely before clicking any link.

If the problem persist, let me know.

I'll let this open for 72 hours, so if anyone wish to post they can do it :)

Ok I just tested all my links again. Same thing has happened, but I can be more specific this time:

It was the "Woobicha Web Design" link (don't know if it always is but in this case it was - can try again tomorrow and see if it is always this one) which came up as invalid link - and I made absolutely sure my page had fully loaded. However, despite having clicked it, got invalid link and all my links shuffled, the woobicha web design link then became clickable again on my free credits links page and when I clicked it the second time it loaded without incident.

As a secondary thing, I also noticed there are two links with the same name "MMORPG Toplist". I'm guessing that as it is a generic name this isn't an issue, but just in case I thought I would mention it.

Z

(edit to add quote-formatting for the 404 error, for clarity.)
hmm, interesting. I jsut did my daily voting, and in light of this, made sure to wait quite a while in between votes, and the browser showed no sign of "laoding" animations, and the entire list was visible to me.

I got the following 404 page when trying to go to "Browser MMorpg.com" link, just now.
Current server time is: 06:01 (11pm eastern timezome)

[quote]
404 Not Found
The server can not find the requested page:
browsermmorpg.com/vote.php?id=217 (port 80)
[/quote]

I wonder if it is a case of the voting sites being bombarded that particular nano-second, similar to a Denial Of Service attack, but not nearly as malicious. Network lag as it were?

Edited by Maebius

• Root Admin

[quote name='(Zl-eye-f)-nea' timestamp='1299701496' post='80452']
Unfortunately I don't pay enough attention to be able to tell you the title of the link, but the page I get has the following in the header:"http://magicduel.com/ui/advertlinks/redir.php?r=ChV-XEs2YJN5wfKlmXKAoQ,,"and comes up with a blank white screen that just says: "invalid link, retry0"This has happened two days in a row, all the other links work fine for me.
[/quote]

This will occur when you click the free credits page before an hour change, then click the link after the hour has passed, similar to attacks and such

Edited by Chewett

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmed, it's what Chewett told. When it changes from one hour to another (example: 15:59 to 16:00) you might get that error.

The problem of Maebius, is not of our page, but the vote page. That usually happens if they are performing a big update, or if they are working with the servers.

Topic Closed

Move to Resolved Free credits