Fenths - Fractions showing

MoM

[attachment=3188:bug.png]

back in Fenths cave, someone said this right after Mur made the 'Fenths for saccing critters' change :
"you get 1 Fenths for lvl 3,
2 for lvl 4
3 for lvl 5,
multiplied by tokens as always"

so how is it that there is a fraction of Fenths?

at 0 : 00 server time, all the Fenths goes to 0, at all altars, so there is no way to explain getting a fraction. Any ideas?

Token boost is 80% still, i assume. So, for example, 1*1,8 is 1,8, assuming that the possible resource fractions are only .25, .5 and .75, that'd round down to 1,75.
Feel free to do the maths to find out how many ways exist to get to 10,25. :))

That you can't explain how to get somewhere usually doesn't mean that there's no way to get there, even more so when it IS there already. ;)

Edited by Burns

Tokens and such give percentages of a value, not a full integer, from what I've seen. So, sacrificing a Tokened crit may result in something like 3.25/0 Fenths (recently seen at the Fenth's Press in NML)
Just a guess though.

thought so, here's the catch :
Esmaralda (the one who did the saccing) had two identical Elementals, same tokens, same heat, same lvl...
for saccing it, you get 12 Fenths,
and before saccing, there were 0. so that's why it doesn't add up.

Perhaps when you sac a creature, in the message it only says the full number of whole fenths you get, but when you actually do the saccing, it generates the fractions as well based on what Maebius said?

So in my case, it would have said it will generate 12 fenths if sacced, but when the saccing was done, it actually did 12.25?

Could someone check if fenths regenerate .25 a day and see if it keeps that part of the fraction each day? When you drain 1.75 it goes down to .75.I'd check but laziness.. also you can check fractions at an altar by using a coagulator in an empty spot.

Drains down to .75 but says no fenths.

Edited by lone wolf pup

same problem, different location :
@ Wasp's altar, there were 0 Fenths,
I sacrificed two Air Scouts, getting 2 Fenths,
first time I harvested, the notification box said I harvested 0.5 Fenths only! even though I had harvested a full one (in my inventory)
Next time it worked well.

Edit : things just got a lot weirder...
when I tried to use the coagulator for the third time, I got this message :

[center][center][b]~ Reality Coagulator ~[/b]

[b][color=#CC0000]#This resource (fenths) is regenerating (currently at 0.5).[/color][/b]
[b] At least one resource is required be able to collect it.[/b]
then, half a minute later, I get this at the bottom of the page

[b]Available Resources:[/b]
[i]Herbs depleted[/i] (0/18)
[i]No Fenths present.[/i]
[color=#999999][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][i](Resources regenerate periodically)[/i][/size][/font][/color]

now does it seem like a bug? (I'll add snapshot if I have to)[/center][/center]

Edited by MoM

[quote]Could someone check if fenths regenerate .25 a day and see if it keeps that part of the fraction each day?[/quote]

[color=#808080][i]yes it does. Wasp's Altar was at 0,5 after gathering the fenths, today it is at 0,75.[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]Tomorrow morning I'll check if it goes down to 0 or regenerates to 1 during the reset.[/i][/color]

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[color=#808080][i]fractions of fenths are still showing in different altar locations.[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]dunno what causes it, all crits I squished (no tokens) since then gave good amount of fenths[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]every time I gathered it's lowered by exactly 1 fenths.[/i][/color]

[color=#808080][i]it might be caused by tokens on crits[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]either way it's not very annoying bug/feature, planned or not.[/i][/color]

[color=#808080][i]not exactly Shadow.[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]you can check it by using the coagulator on the "empty" altar.[/i][/color]

[color=#808080][i]today morning at Fenths Press[/i][/color]
[color=#a52a2a][b]#This resource (fenths) is regenerating (currently at 0.5).[/b][/color]
[color=#a52a2a][b]At least one resource is required be able to collect it. [/b][/color]

[color=#808080][i]and at Wasp's Altar[/i][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]#This resource (fenths) is regenerating (currently at 0.25).[/b][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]At least one resource is required be able to collect it. [/b][/color]

[color=#808080][i]but at Fenths Wielder[/i][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]#No more resources of this kind (fenths) available at this location, try again an other time. [/b][/color]

[color=#808080][i]all of those places were not used after the reset[/i][/color]

Edited by Shemhazaj