Energetic Immunity and Stat Damage

Brulant

This is in the more info section on the stats page.
[quote]
[i]Energetic immunity:[/i]
[i]…[/i]
The effects of spell damage can also be under the influence of this modifier.
[/quote]

Is spell damage the same thing as stat damage?

--If no:
What's spell damage? I looked through the forum and found no reference to it using the search terms [spell, damage, spell damage, "spell", "damage", and "spell damage"], but I've been known to miss things that are right in front of me. Is it referring to temporary stat drain by a spell?

--If yes:
Does Energetic Immunity actually affect stat damage? There are a couple of different types of stat damage and drain, be they spell, item, angry fugitive, or Eon, but I've never seen my Energetic Immunity help me with any of those.

--If yes and Energetic Immunity doesn't affect stat damage:
Would it make sense if it did? People, myself included, have been complaining about Eon's stat damage for a while, no, I don't want this to be a rant-about-Eon-topic, and I'm sure that they'd complain about fugitives stat damage too if they got attacked by one for a while. Plus, if Mur keeps releasing new land weapons I'm sure that stat damage would get included in one of them eventually.

So, I personally think that it would make sense to use an already existing stat to lessen, but not eliminate, the effects of stat damage. Thoughts?

EI influences the damage you get from walking enemy territory, that's all.
The downside of applying it to spells would be that you would get practically impenetrable after a while, and the strong would get even stronger because you can't bewitch them anymore.

I haven't worried about my EI stat, ever (of course, I joined an alliance when I was pretty old, this is not the case for everybody). I had enough so that I could walk just fine once I joined an alliance. If this idea were implemented, then there would either need to be a cap (on the effects, not on the stat itself, for obvious reasons), or it would need a weird calculation.

But if stats are going change skilldamage, I don't think it should be a permanent effect, therefore I suggest that it uses luck instead, and it can work like cancelling an attack in a fight log, only happening some of the time, and not completely cancelling it, but making it smaller; perhaps a combination of EI and luck.

Edited by Pipstickz