Marind Bell Elections - Voting

Jubaris

The Council of Marind Bell initiated elections for the function of the Regent of Marind Bell.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The Regent will be the highest representative of our land (all up to the point till the Kingships get restored).[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The Regent's word is to be highly respected, who will also have a role of the "first among the equals" in the Council (like it was the case with the kingships), and his authority would be somewhat lesser than former King's (Queen's), due to the missing game mechanic additions.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]He can be removed from his position if 50% + 1 alliance leaders of Marind Bell publicly ask so[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The reason why this elections is brought to the public, and not kept within Marind Bell walls itself, is because there are a lot of people present in our land - the Park, our sanctuaries, and such, and we respect their presence and opinion, that's why, whole of MD will be able to vote here with one rule:[/font][/color]

[b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]-Vote of the citizens of Marind Bell weights 4 points[/font][/color][/b]
[b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]-Non-citizens of Marind Bell have 1 point of vote[/font][/color][/b]

The candidates with their speeches are:

*Soothing Sands
[log=SS Speech]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]~~~[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Marind’s Bell[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I have always wanted to be part of Marind’s bell, from its beautiful scenery, to its source of knowledge, to its many hidden secrets. I love how it is open to everyone as a haven, and yet only a few have scratched its surface. It has an important history, and just as important of a future.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This land is the first step in everyone’s journey, closely tied to the unforgettable story mode and a place to rest after a long day of travel. I hope to see the people continue to be happy and active, and the land to flourish. I hope to see the guilds become in important part of our community and city to become prosperous.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I will lead with advice from our council, as well as anyone who has something to offer. Age will not determine whether I will listen, but your tongue will. I will expect our rebels to actively criticize the leadership, because otherwise no one will benefit. (4 influence points, and I have never actually seen them?)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Handy Pockets is not stepping down because of any one reason, and we will always be open for her return in whatever form it may take. I will do the best I can to learn from our past and lead us into a bright future.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]~Thank you[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]~~~[/font][/color]
[/log]

*Chengmingz

[log=C Speech]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Good evening,[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I am Chengmingz, Cheng or offically, C.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Marind Bell is a very special land. It is a land of just and might. However, recently, I have seen the downfall of lands and alliances that could have been prevented. Marind Bell must be protected and to do that, we must have a loyal leader. There must be one who guides us, on the right path. One who is fair, when we need judgement. I believe I can be that person. I believe I can make the right decisions that can keep Marind Bell safe while at the same time, build up our forces to remain strong. We are headed towards an age where we need fierce and fair leadership and I feel that I could be that kind of leader.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Strength and honour[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]C [/font][/color]
[/log]

*Princ Rhaegar

[log=PR Speech]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hello, potential voters :-)[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Over the last year and more, I have witnessed the reign of Lifeline, followed by the reign of Handy Pockets, in Marind Bell, served as a member of the Marind Bell’s Council in both “administrations”.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Both were interrupted in their work by outer factors. Continuing their legacy, I apply here for the Kingship of Marind Bell to continue helping the land to progress, to make my vision come to life.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Imagine a world of free thought, open-mindedness, where philosophy and progress is encouraged.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]A land of law, where nobody would be left unprotected from injustice. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Now imagine a world with monopoly of power, dogmas that cannot be questioned, regulations that everyone must bend to as blind men – label that as an enemy of our Marind Bell.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Let us follow the path of reason, thought, exchange experiences with other people of our values and attain new levels of our mind![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]As one of the older people in Magic Duel, I have seen and experienced a lot of things, and evolved along the way - be sure that Marind Bell would only get the best of me.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Forever a Seeker,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]~Princ Rhaegar [/font][/color]
[/log]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Elected Regent may decide to change his title name, in conversation with the Council of Marind Bell (the function of course remains the same). Marind Bell will be known as Principality of Marind Bell up to the point when Kingships get restored and we claim our Kingdom once again.[/font][/color]

[size=7][b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]HOW DO YOU VOTE? [/font][/color][/b][/size]

You have to message three people (on the forum, not in game!!!) - Fyrd Argentus, Kyphis and Passant the Weak, and present them your vote and your homeland (a list will be given to them, so don't try to cheat you're from Marind Bell ;) )

Here are their links:
Fyrd: [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/user/3681-fyrd-argentus/"]http://magicduel.inv...-fyrd-argentus/[/url]
Passant: [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/user/4657-passant-the-weak/"]http://magicduel.inv...ssant-the-weak/[/url]
Kyphis: [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/user/3112-kyphis-the-bard/"]http://magicduel.inv...yphis-the-bard/[/url]

You have to message [b]ALL THREE OF THEM.[/b]

They will gather the votes and count them, keeping you anonymous, and present the score on the 10th of February.

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen