Spring Festival Tournament

Krioni

[b][size=5]Welcome fighters of Magicduel![/size][/b]

[size=3]The Spring Equinox is approaching, and as part of the festivities this year, we will be hosting a Loreroot themed combat tournament! This is a chance for everyone to compete in an even, fun competition with other combatants at your mind power level. Test your wit and fighting skill as you compete with your opponents, and prove your worth to come out the victor![/size]

[size=3][color=#ff0000]Important: [/color]Read all sections of this post, especially if you plan on competing. It contains the rules and details of how to compete.[/size]

[u][b][size=4]The Event[/size][/b][/u][list]
[*][size=3]The event will take place on the week from March 13 to March 20. [/size]
[*][size=3]The final battles for each MindPower will take place on March 20.[/size]
[*][size=3]The format is single elimination, no loser's bracket.[/size]
[*][size=3]There will be enough rounds spread over the days to get to the two final competitors on March 20 for each mindpower level.[/size]
[*][size=3]Once the final count of competitors has been made, details on the dates and times for each round will be announced through the forum.[/size]
[/list]
[b][u]The Rules[/u][/b][list]
[*][size=3]Each round will consist of one set of battles, one attacking, one defending. If there is a tie, another set will be performed until one person wins on both attack and defense.[/size]
[*][size=3]The creatures used must be Lorerootian creatures with NO tokens. Elementals and Sharptears are allowed, though Grasans are not.[/size]
[*][size=3]The percentage prayer power can only be the amount that would give the player 200 attack. So, if you have 400 attack, then the max prayer skill you can use is 50%.[/size]
[*][size=3]Both the winner and the loser will submit screenshots of the battle log, showing that the winner clearly. This submission must be made before the posted time for the end of the round.[/size]
[*][size=3]If the competitors do not submit the proof of the round, they will be contacted once about the submission. If the proof has still not been submitted an hour after the warning, the competitors will be dropped from the competition.[/size]
[*][size=3]A case of disagreement in proof will be resolved by the judges of the competition. They have the ability to kick anyone from the competition on their on volition, so it would be wise to follow what they say. [/size]
[*][size=3]Anyone not following these rules can be dropped from the tournament, at the discretion of the judges. [/size]
[*][size=3]No spells will be allowed[/size]
[*][size=3]Every ritual must be fresh, no combo[/size]
[/list]
[size=3][b][u][size=4]Signups[/size][/u][/b][/size]

[size=3][size=4][size=3]To sign up for this tournament, send me a PM here on the forum or in MD. This thread will be dedicated to questions, so signups must be in PM. Send your playername and your mindpower level, with the subject "Spring Tournament". The deadline for signups is [color=#ff0000]March 10.[/color] You are highly recommended to get creatures and sign up sooner.[/size][/size][/size]

[size=3][size=4][size=3][b][u][size=4]Rewards[/size][/u][/b][/size][/size][/size]

[size=3]The rewards will be announced at a later point in time.[/size]

[size=3]Last note, if you want to help judge, a couple volunteers would be useful to help. Send me a message if you want to.[/size] Feel free to ask questions here if you need clarification!

[size=3]Good luck in the tournament competitors, and happy Spring![/size]

Edited by Krioni

I updated the rules to accommodate spells and combos. Neither will be allowed. Fresh rits, no spells.

[quote name='ChildOfTheSoul' timestamp='1330152917' post='105117']
Do you consider a sharptear to be a lorerootian creature? It's from the shop but a variation of a lorerootian archer..
[/quote]

I am considering this at the moment, and I will get back to you soon!

[quote name='Tarquinus' timestamp='1330211898' post='105153']
According to their description, Grasans come from the Hollow Den. Do they count as Lorerootian creatures, too?
[/quote]
and
[quote name='ChildOfTheSoul' timestamp='1330152917' post='105117']
Do you consider a sharptear to be a lorerootian creature? It's from the shop but a variation of a lorerootian archer..
[/quote]

Sharptears will be allowed since they are a shop version of a current Lorerootian creature. Grasans, even though their description states they come from the Hollow Den, will not be allowed because they are not currently attainable in Loreroot.

Keep asking any questions you have! We will answer them as fast as possible ^^

[quote name='nadrolski' timestamp='1330237356' post='105171']
how sure are you that participants will not use more than 200 attack of their profile stat?

[b]most[/b] of the players hide their personal profile page with other stuffs
[/quote]
I would suggest that Krioni receive a "Profile and Personal Characteristics" Screenshot from every entrant. Then again.. some people might not like that.

[quote]I would suggest that Krioni receive a "Profile and Personal Characteristics" Screenshot from every entrant. Then again.. some people might not like that.[/quote]

[color=#808080][i]those who don't like that may just set the slider to 0%. No need for stats spoilers then...[/i][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]"If the competitors do not submit the proof of the round, they will be contacted once about the submission. If the proof has still not been submitted an hour after the warning, the competitors will be dropped from the competition."[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]does this hour begin after the sending of the message or the reading of the message[/size][/font][/color]?
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"][size=3]people might not be able to read their messages right away[/size][/color][/font]

[quote name='ChildOfTheSoul' timestamp='1330242155' post='105174']
I would suggest that Krioni receive a "Profile and Personal Characteristics" Screenshot from every entrant. Then again.. some people might not like that.
[/quote]
[quote name='Shemhazaj' timestamp='1330243340' post='105175']
[color=#808080][i]those who don't like that may just set the slider to 0%. No need for stats spoilers then...[/i][/color]
[/quote]

Shemhazaj is right on that. I forgot that we cannot see the amount of stats actually given in the report, so submitting a profile shot will be necessary, in this case. If you don't, just use 0%.

[quote name='Sunfire' timestamp='1330266343' post='105223']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]"If the competitors do not submit the proof of the round, they will be contacted once about the submission. If the proof has still not been submitted an hour after the warning, the competitors will be dropped from the competition."[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]does this hour begin after the sending of the message or the reading of the message[/size][/font][/color]?
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828][size=3]people might not be able to read their messages right away[/size][/color][/font]
[/quote]

The hour begins after the warning is sent. The reason for this is to make sure the competition is not held up by competitors who do not submit proof of the round being finished. The deadline for the round will be posted far in advance of this, so competitors should be submitting early if they are not there for the actual deadline.

• 2 weeks later...

So wait, 200 attack per creature or 200 attack total? I would like to participate even though I currently have no Lorerootian creatures. They are easy enough to obtain. Also would I be able to use all my influence if say I used non attacking creatures? For example a tree on weaken martyr with 100 percent influence? I guess that would be the easiest way for me to win, either that or buy a few sharptears and get them a few hundred wins. It's all good, just let me know about the defence thing. Since attack stat wouldn't be used then. Oh, that means elementals are allowed as well? Ooo, they don't use attack stat either.

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]so you answered to your question yourself :) if you'll try to ignore 200 attack limit when using non-attack based creatures, then you'll run into situation where the player with most stats wins and there will be no competition as such, heh...[/font][/size]
[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]it's 200 attack from your personal stats, and it has been explained in the initial post:[/size][/font][list]
[*][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]The percentage prayer power can only be the amount that would give the player 200 attack. So, if you have 400 attack, then the max prayer skill you can use is 50%.[/size][/font][/color]
[/list]

Here is the current roster! Rounds will be announced tomorrow, and PLEASE! Especially if you are MP5 or MP3, still send me a pm to sign up! Bracket positions with slight advantages, if the matchups are not a power of two, will be given in order of signing up.

Also, let me know if I have your mindpower wrong!

MP3
Ghunny the Beast

MP4
Axel Keravnos
Arkken
Eagle Eye
Ratbert
Duxie

MP5
ClockMaster
ChildOfTheSoul
Sunfire
Burns

Once again, be watching this thread for the round matchups and deadlines! Looking forward to the tournament all! ^^

Edited by Krioni

And here is the first round! Because we have fewer entries, the deadline for this round is 48 hours from now, or Day 75 at 18:00 ST.

MP3
Unfortunately, no one else entered besides Ghunny. I will be contacting you sir ^^

MP4
Axel Keravnos vs. Arkken
Eagle Eye vs. Ratbert.
Duxie, being the first to sign up, will be advancing to the next round with fighting.

MP5
Clockmaster vs ChildOfTheSoul
Sunfire vs. Burns

Good luck competitors! Remember that if you use anything higher than 0%, a private stats submission needs to be sent to me to verify you are not using a percentage that results in higher than a 200 attack bonus. If you do not prefer to do this, contact me and we can work something out, either verifying through another person or something else. Besides that, keep in mind the submission rules for your round! Have fun!

As always, ask any questions you have, and I will answer ^^

Krioni

Hello all! I have the results for MP4, and their second round! MP4 competitors, please finish this round by 12:00ST on day 79.

Also, around that same time on Day 79, I would like to have the finals! So let me know if you can be in MD on that day, and when works for you.

The second round for MP4!
Arkken has beaten Axel Keravnos. He will fight Duxie in this round!
Ratbert has beaten Eagle Eye. Because of the time he signed up, he will progress to the final round against the victor of Duxie vs. Arkken.

The round before was very slow because of some lack of communication guys. Let me know your progress towards finishing please! Thanks!
Krioni

MP5 has finished their rounds! For the MP5 final we have...*drumroll*:
Burns against Clockmaster!

If both of you could fight in the next couple days, that would be very nice! Congratulations to the winners, and good luck in the final round!
Krioni