Happy Birthday Khalazdad

Did you at least know Khalazdad?
If you did, do you know that he stopped playing about 4 years ago?
Same with Daemon Toblabla for which another player opened a HBD thread.

What's the point of opening such threads? There are better ways to spam the forum than this.

Gotta agree with DST that this is obnoxious...In fact if an activity filter -- something like 366 days -- could be placed on forum account birthdays showing up in the calendar -- that would be cool and prevent further obnoxiousness.

but there is a relationship between the in-game character and the user. Specifically, the strengthening of the former within the latter can strengthen or weaken the latter...the macrocosmic version of the relationship between the character and its creatures.

I see no reason you can't see and desire someone else's creatures, or their in-game characteristics, and then draw attention to them so people learn. I guess a birthday is an ideal time to do that.

Khalazdad's creatures are, if you apply today's standards, lame at best.
Characteristics? He was a normal player who was turned into a legend by few players. He left early in the game. Except for part of AL, he did not extraordinary. Except maybe for having 4 wives :D.
I have more respect for Wodin for example than for Khalazdad. Khalazdad use to speak using big words and parabolas. He could easily impress noobs which as I said, turned him into a legend. But in fact he was just a person with a very good vocabulary.

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1349859303' post='123675']
Forum cannot be modified as its invisionzone, create a mod for it
[/quote]

Ehh, doesn't matter.

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1349856225' post='123669']
Khalazdad's creatures are, if you apply today's standards, lame at best.[/quote]
No biggie. It was just a comparison.

[quote]Characteristics? He was a normal player who was turned into a legend by few players. He left early in the game. Except for part of AL, he did not extraordinary. Except maybe for having 4 wives :D.
I have more respect for Wodin for example than for Khalazdad. Khalazdad use to speak using big words and parabolas. He could easily impress noobs which as I said, turned him into a legend. But in fact he was just a person with a very good vocabulary.
[/quote]

I wouldn't know, haven't even convinced myself to read the adventure log yet. I know that my dad taught me to "dumb down" my vocabulary and sentence structure when needed and that I appreciated the new tool even if it never became the default.

Good for simple requests, good for emotional requests, good for emotional fights.

I guess someone who only uses a small part of his vocabulary (and their voice is hurt by this) could learn from Khalazdad. (assuming that really was the character's only merit.)